First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thats good to know, I guess Im pushing it when thinking the customer should be compensated a little from the shipping company. However, its a burden not only for the customer but the retailer also. YOu would think, that would be enough incentive for the carriers to take better care of peoples items. :rolleyes:
When I talked to the GM at US Jack he said it was worse when they used FedEx. I guess it's part of doing business when yours revolves around shipping companies. No wonder why Amazon started their own delivery company. Although they haven't been much better lately. Did you see where the Amazon delivery driver punched a 67 year old lady just the other day? Animals!

Here it is.

https://abc7.com/amazon-driver-punches-woman-attacks-arrested-itzel-ramirez/10773032/
Sponsored

D-scar16

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger lariat fx4 blackout
Occupation
Plant manager
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks I have had the same thing happen with every lift I have purchased
CCA4134B-58DD-4D7C-9A91-388B07CCDB86.jpeg
people don’t understand or care how much people pay for the items they kick around.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm retiring from the USPS one week from tomorrow an I can tell you all the shippers are getting maxed out. They have to cram as much as they can into every container to try an keep up. My small office is down 5 people out of a total of 18 carriers. The volume grows an they have a third of their positions empty. Upper management doesn't care. Get out as much as you can as fast as you can an try not to kill anyone is the rule. Also when the trucks in use were designed there was 5 times the paper mail an 1 tenth the packages so the trucks don't handle it well either. I'm sure it's the same with the other companies, I see them out at 6 an 7 o'clock too.

I'm not making excuses for this, I'm just pointing out the fact that everyone buys everything on line today an the rush to deliver it results in stuff being thrown around, heavy ass boxes of leaf springs getting thrown on top of lighter delicate stuff, overworked people doing what they have to do to go home at the end of the day.

I've seen no hurry to hire any new people to help the problem either. Management just piles the work on an harasses you to get it done. I really liked my job 10 years ago now it sucks. Everyone is miserable, worked into the ground an just fighting through the day. I planned on working another 4 years but now I'm out as soon as eligible. Everyone files for retirement as soon as eligible. I think it's by design to get rid of older workers at the top of the pay scale to get younger faster cheaper people in.

again this shouldn't have happened. you paid good money for you order an the shipper is being paid to deliver it as shipped.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
When I talked to the GM at US Jack he said it was worse when they used FedEx. I guess it's part of doing business when yours revolves around shipping companies. No wonder why Amazon started their own delivery company. Although they haven't been much better lately. Did you see where the Amazon delivery driver punched a 67 year old lady just the other day? Animals!
Amazon started their own delivery because Bezo thinks he can do it better, faster an cheaper. Last I heard their drivers make less than any delivery company so I doubt they care. I've seen them leave packages in the driveways in the rain. They weren't walking any steps they didn't have to. If you have a ring you can probably find many 10 ft tosses from them.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Ok the front struts should be in better condition yes (since they were in boxes). However, any time I’ve ever gotten rear leafs in my life they always look like that. Cause they are shipped unprotected and are so damn heavy.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm retiring from the USPS one week from tomorrow an I can tell you all the shippers are getting maxed out. They have to cram as much as they can into every container to try an keep up. My small office is down 5 people out of a total of 18 carriers. The volume grows an they have a third of their positions empty. Upper management doesn't care. Get out as much as you can as fast as you can an try not to kill anyone is the rule. Also when the trucks in use were designed there was 5 times the paper mail an 1 tenth the packages so the trucks don't handle it well either. I'm sure it's the same with the other companies, I see them out at 6 an 7 o'clock too.

I'm not making excuses for this, I'm just pointing out the fact that everyone buys everything on line today an the rush to deliver it results in stuff being thrown around, heavy ass boxes of leaf springs getting thrown on top of lighter delicate stuff, overworked people doing what they have to do to go home at the end of the day.

I've seen no hurry to hire any new people to help the problem either. Management just piles the work on an harasses you to get it done. I really liked my job 10 years ago now it sucks. Everyone is miserable, worked into the ground an just fighting through the day. I planned on working another 4 years but now I'm out as soon as eligible. Everyone files for retirement as soon as eligible. I think it's by design to get rid of older workers at the top of the pay scale to get younger faster cheaper people in.

again this shouldn't have happened. you paid good money for you order an the shipper is being paid to deliver it as shipped.
Congrats and enjoy your retirement! ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Amazon started their own delivery because Bezo thinks he can do it better, faster an cheaper. Last I heard their drivers make less than any delivery company so I doubt they care. I've seen them leave packages in the driveways in the rain. They weren't walking any steps they didn't have to. If you have a ring you can probably find many 10 ft tosses from them.

Amazon did this to my gf just this past winter. She bought a set of EarPods for her daughter birthday and they were to lazy to open the gate so they just threw them over it on the ground in the sleet and rain. When she called them they told her to keep them and refunded her card. Good thing was they ended up still working but the delivery guys just don't care.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Wasn't packaged sufficiently.

The first suspension I put on my Mustang was a Ford Performance kit. Their shocks were great, actually. But the shocks arrived hanging out of the box and scuffed to kingdom come. The packaging needs to be able to withstand being shipped on its own. The boxes the manufacturer puts the product in is meant to be pallet shipped. Throwing heavy stuff into a larger thin-walled box, especially without stout packaging/padding like that expandy-foam-in-a-bag stuff, is useless.

Last edited:

azdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
System Administrator I
Well, when I purchased the springs and leaf springs for my Frontier they came in perfect condition. But the boxes weren't chewed up like in the OP and they were packaged well because they weren't in seperate boxes.

There really is no excuse for it coming like that. Shame on these shipping companies for treating peoples property like this. But they won't change what they're doing because truth is they really don't have to.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I just bought some OME rear springs from Stage3. We'll see how they look when they get here.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Exactly, here’s a picture of a package they left in my driveway instead of my covered front porch. Amazon hires people that can’t get jobs at UPS. I’ve had enough bad experience with Amazon that I’ve started shoping elsewhere where possible. Amazon isn’t cheaper than anyone else anymore and they are awful at logistics. Their estimated shipping times have also become unreliable. By and large I’ve had great experiences with UPS over the years. (Oh, and please ignore my ugly driveway, it’s old like me).

7BE834E0-6EF3-45DC-981E-80AB437B0708.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Exactly, here’s a picture of a package they left in my driveway instead of my covered front porch. Amazon hires people that can’t get jobs at UPS. I’ve had enough bad experience with Amazon that I’ve started shoping elsewhere where possible. Amazon isn’t cheaper than anyone else anymore and they are awful at logistics. Their estimated shipping times have also become unreliable. By and large I’ve had great experiences with UPS over the years. (Oh, and please ignore my ugly driveway, it’s old like me).

7BE834E0-6EF3-45DC-981E-80AB437B0708.jpeg

You're right, I've been cross shopping stuff with other vendors and a lot of times Amazon is more now. Heck I've gone straight to the manufacturers site and found even they're cheaper at times. I've been using them less and less lately but I will say their delivery people around here have been pretty good.

As far as their logistics...well this package has been MIA since June 2nd. They did ship out another one next day delivery for me so they do take care of you, at least for me and my gf they have.

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
This photo tells the tale. Heavy steel components need to be shipped with the spray foam bags around them. If the "box in a box" can move around it becomes a battering ram.

I don't blame the shipper as much as whoever boxed the items at the locations you purchased the products from.

1623417591500.png

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
When I had a normal doorbell they’d ring it, per my delivery instructions. How with a Ring doorbell they won’t touch it.
Sponsored