First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I cut XM loose last year after a couple of deals they offered, just found myself channel surfing all the time and grown tired of the repeats.
I have all heard every Buried Treasure program of Tom Petty’s and after hearing other repeats I found it not much different that AM & FM.

I didn’t find it too difficult to cancel.

Im much happier paying for a commercial free Spotify subscription with every genre of music I can imagine.

Also finally got Forscan and rid my display of XM and AM/FM.
All’s well.
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I've found the opposite, to the degree that travel link (IMO) is useless. Maybe region specific? Logically, I can't understand how travel link could possibly be more accurate because at best it's working with an underlying map that's a couple of years old, while if you're in a construction zone waze is updated basically instantly as the road is rerouted. Travel link also has far fewer roads (in my experience) that actually have traffic information vs waze. (I guess it's great if you only use interstate highways, and don't mid getting rerouted into a completely jammed up side street that travel link has no data on.)

As far as sxm generally, I used to do the "call and get a better rate" dance. Now I just listen to whatever I want from my phone and didn't even use sxm during the free trial. ?‍♂
I tried Travel Link when I went out for lunch and it was a resounding "meh". Definitely nothing I would pay for.

I drove through a construction zone and Travel Link didn't know it was there but Waze did.

I would guess that it probably is better in certain areas, but since I'm somewhat rural I'm apparently not in that area.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I am quite sure the region has a big impact. But Waze requires users to be reporting traffic conditions and if they don't you aren't getting any info.
yes and no; they don't have to actively be reporting stuff, as the system will notice if a bunch of users all slow down at a particular spot. they also incorporate data from DOT sensors (which is where SXM is getting their information, AFAIK). their predictions were sometimes pretty whacked out earlier in the pandemic because they also incorporate historic data about traffic patterns and that data was completely invalidated when everyone stopped their normal commute.

Not sure why everyone is so concerned about map updates. There may be places in the country that are building roads a lot but for the most part roads are pretty static. Even Google doesn't update new roads in real time.
They're doing a bunch of highway construction near me, changing things like whether exits are left or right overnight, repeatedly. Waze always knows which way you need to turn. As far as the truck nav knows, I've grown wings and taken flight. Meanwhile, the speed limit changed on a fairly major road near me 6-8 years ago and the truck still displays the old speed limit (updated to latest available data). Guess whether waze has the right speed limit...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Cancelling Sirius is just as bad as trying to getting those darn telemarketers to stop calling you. I made the mistake of having it activated on my 2013 F150. I received letters in the mail and non stop phone calls for months trying to get me to extend my service. I think they were down to $5/month, I told the unless it's free I'm not interested. Luckily at that time I still had a landline and they didn't have my cell # so when I moved out here they couldn't contact me anymore.

Now I just use either the TuneIn Radio or iHeart app on my phone. They work good enough for me when we're in an area that I cant pick up a FM signal.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I refuse to subscribe to SiriusXM just because of how awful I know it will be trying to cancel. If I can't cancel your service with a click on your website, I won't use it.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
You say no at every opportunity, block payment source, block phone number and unsubscribe emails.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
You say no at every opportunity, block payment source, block phone number and unsubscribe emails.
...and throw the postal mail in the recycling unopened.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Still get Sirus offers for my wife's 14 Dodge that expired in 14. Still get them for my 15 Mustang that expired in 16. Still get them for my 17 Mustang that expired in 17. Currently being inundated with offers on my wife's 21 Jeep and my 21 Ranger.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Still get Sirus offers for my wife's 14 Dodge that expired in 14. Still get them for my 15 Mustang that expired in 16. Still get them for my 17 Mustang that expired in 17. Currently being inundated with offers on my wife's 21 Jeep and my 21 Ranger.
SiriusXM is a love/hate deal. People who love it listen to nothing else; several podcasts, All Elvis All the Damn Time, 30's Polka Bands, Today's Hottest Klezmer Hip-Hop, etc.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
SiriusXM is a love/hate deal. People who love it listen to nothing else; several podcasts, All Elvis All the Damn Time, 30's Polka Bands, Today's Hottest Klezmer Hip-Hop, etc.
Well I seldom listed to the radio/stereo in any of my vehicles. When I do it is the local news or sports talk station. On those rare occasions I want to listen to music i have my collection of favorites on a USB drive.
My wife does listen to hers all the time but it's audio books that she streams.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
When I picked up my new Ranger last week...the Sirius Radio was already working. Did my Dealer activate it? How long is this "plan", the radio operational as I signed up for nothing???? While I like the channels; I do not drive that much and hate the fact that Sirius radio "voids out" in certain conditions. I wish I still had a CD player for those long drives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
whats the best rate y'all have gotten on your XM subscriptions and what story or reason did you have to use to get it?
I've got the "mostly music" on my Jeep at approx. 16 bucks a month. That's all I need.

I canceled XM/Sirius on the wife's car last month. I told them the little fib (I had to repent later) :) ) that I was selling the car. They couldn't say anything after that. I did tell them to leave the free Travel Link, and they gave me no troubles about that.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
When I picked up my new Ranger last week...the Sirius Radio was already working. Did my Dealer activate it? How long is this "plan", the radio operational as I signed up for nothing???? While I like the channels; I do not drive that much and hate the fact that Sirius radio "voids out" in certain conditions. I wish I still had a CD player for those long drives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a 3 month trail from the day your dealer activated it Greg, and it will cancel on it's on. So, you've nothing to worry about.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I paid for satellite radio one time. I subscribed for 6 Mos or a year on my wife's brand new 2006 Legacy GT.

15 years later, I still recieve their pleas to come back.
Sponsored