First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 2020 / Ford Galaxie 1968
Occupation
Peace officer
Got the tonno pro lo roll from amazon. Not that expensive in canadian $..
Entirely removal
20200928_105309.jpg
Screenshot_20210418-070906_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Sponsored

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
Gator. "X" I believe. Real Truck. $600+. Hard folding. Four knobs under the front section and it lifts out.
....I'd buy it again. If you notice the hail dents, I've been paid the ins. cash to buy another.
Dry, and "lockable", although a pro could get it open.

IMG_20210419_120447722.jpg

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Let me just say, STAY AWAY from North Mountain. Absolute crap. It billows up going down the road, and leaks like crazy. I've gotten in there with insulation and duct tape, I give up. Hoping it'll just fly off so I can get another one. Also the latching mechanism is crap. I can't remember the brand I had on my F250, it was perfect. This is crap.
I prefer a roll up one I stead of the trifold.

wagnerone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
BAKFlip MX4.

Very pleased with it. I love the look and action of this thing. I got it just recently and it is the "new model" with updated corner caps, etc.

Their site had conflicting docs about what is needed, etc.

Ultimately, with 2 people, it took us about 4 hours total, but a good bit of that was trying to make sense of the parts we received vs what the site/docs indicated we should have gotten. I'm also very particular and everything had to be super square, secure, etc.

The corner reinforcement pieces weren't that bad to put in and I did use the included shims on all 4 corner clamps and the center clamps.

I have a factory drop-in bed liner and ended up having to trim the liner just a bit up in the front bed corners to allow for the reinforcement brackets to seat well/easily.

Instead of the a bulkhead riser kit noted in the docs on their site, they sent me a thick, foam strip that worked out well and looks good ultimately. This was confusing and I already pulled the bed liner so I could drill the holes in it to attach the bulkhead riser. Then I went to unpack the riser and it was no where to be found. Fortunately I did not drill the liner holes.

Having the liner pulled back a few feet from the bulkhead ended up being a good thing. I popped the 2 plastic plugs out of the front side of the bed (near the bottom and normally covered by the liner).

I drilled holes in those plugs a smidge smaller than the drain tubes, inserted the tubes in those holes, and popped them back in. Then I popped the rubber liner tie-down covers open on the front and threaded the drain tubes through those as I slid the bed liner back in. Then the tubes attached up to the rail tube hookups. Worked pretty slick.

One of the selling points for this one, other than aesthetics and the material/action, was the 2-way tail gate feature. You can close the tailgate with the cover up or down. This is super convenient.

Not that it looks like it in the photos, but I live in the city and wanted a locking cover. When this thing is in the down position, with the latches engaged and the tail gate shut and locked, it's plenty enough to the keep the curious out.

IMG_9671.png

IMG_96692.png

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Trail FX tonneau, DO NOT BUY. Piece of garbage, instructions, fit, and mounting are all horrible. Took it back for a refund in a matter of hours today. Also will not fit with the factory bedliner but I didn't even get that far. Felt bad because I got it from a local mom & pop shop where I get my truck stuff and it was all they could find for me but I said hey, the fit and mounting is horrible. Side rails fit flush with the inside of the bedrails, which where I live is going to leak but that's if the shitty clamps even hold it. I asked in a Gen 5 FB group, the Truxedo Truxport unit looks nice and is similar to the Extang I had on my Sport Trac. Will try and get that.

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Lomax Agricover. Seals up tight - I haven't had any water seep into the bed (I've got a tailgate seal). It's a tri-fold and removable. Not all that cheap though

20190807_203600.jpg
why do these covers have to cost so much? I've bought them for other trucks in the past and sometimes score a deal on craiglist, but I'm hard pressed to pay $400+ for a piece of fabric and some cheap aluminum struts, at least for the foldable ones.

jdagg2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2wd
I have the Truxedo lo pro. I suspect it was an installation issue with the Linex store I bought it at, but it doesn't seal well at all.

The foam bulkhead seal doesn't stay in place for more than a couple days without adjustment and the rails are bent on both sides at the bulkhead. Either the rails weren't installed far enough back or the rails are too short because the clamps on the actual cover only cover about an inch on the end of the rails causing the bend.

I haven't had a chance to talk with Truxedo but I know they have great customer service and will take care of it.
(Edit) I know the install was rushed because the tension on the top wasn't set at all, I guess it's technically possible that I over tensioned it but I set them exactly how it is shown in the manual.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
why do these covers have to cost so much? I've bought them for other trucks in the past and sometimes score a deal on craiglist, but I'm hard pressed to pay $400+ for a piece of fabric and some cheap aluminum struts, at least for the foldable ones.
This one is aluminum, which is what I assume drives up the cost.

Mastodon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2020 Explorer Limited
BAK Revolver X4S. It’s expensive if you pay asking price, but a lot of BAK covers are discounted by vendors. Had mine OTD for $900. Installed in a little more than an hour, but that was only because I didn’t see a second parts bag with Ranger specific parts until after I installed the side rails. Oops.

Overall thoughts: great cover, with some improvements from the original Roll-X I had nearly a decade ago. Haven’t tested the water ingress, but expect it to be more because of the gaps around the tailgate than because of anything with the cover. Love that it’s a hard cover yet I can still see out the back window, and doesn’t take up any bed space. Truly believe this is the best compromise of all the tonneau options. Of course, you pay for that…

7A4961E1-11C2-481C-908D-7B81B9416A0C.jpeg

AF5E0C81-4778-4F69-9517-22B1AB8BD271.jpeg
8225D90B-BF45-4679-B1E8-01E46B4F6D87.jpeg

5A3123F0-302B-4D35-BDCE-84E55AFD31A7.jpeg

DB20B721-6BD5-4A14-B84A-D2482B5B5F60.jpeg
Sponsored