Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
20210630_091812.jpg
20210630_091815.jpg

Rough country. Bought from TDOT. It was the cheapest low profile I could find in Canada at the time. Doesn't open against the cab, but I haven't needed that extra fold. Also it would be easy to remove. Won't support a person
Sponsored

jdagg2003

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 2wd
I have the Truxedo lo pro. I suspect it was an installation issue with the Linex store I bought it at, but it doesn't seal well at all.

The foam bulkhead seal doesn't stay in place for more than a couple days without adjustment and the rails are bent on both sides at the bulkhead. Either the rails weren't installed far enough back or the rails are too short because the clamps on the actual cover only cover about an inch on the end of the rails causing the bend.

I haven't had a chance to talk with Truxedo but I know they have great customer service and will take care of it.
(Edit) I know the install was rushed because the tension on the top wasn't set at all, I guess it's technically possible that I over tensioned it but I set them exactly how it is shown in the manual.
I finally got around to contacting Truxedo and as expected they are sending out new rails and a new rubber seal, they seal was installed backwards, not sure if the rails where too short or if they weren't installed correctly by Linex but I guess we will see in a few days.

amick1995

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Trenor
Same one here....love the cover but I also have some water leakage in the rear.
I know this is an old comment, but I have the same cover and I’m having issues with it. My cover seems to sit too far towards the cab. The front seal touches my cab and the tailgate seal doesn’t make contact inside. Adjusting it back doesn’t allow the latches to latch.
Do you have any pictures of yours near the bulkhead?

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
Lomax Agricover. Seals up tight - I haven't had any water seep into the bed (I've got a tailgate seal). It's a tri-fold and removable. Not all that cheap though

20190807_203600.jpg
What's a tailgate seal? Explain plz and pics?

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
That's what have. It's pretty nice. It came with a seal that attaches to the front rail behind the cab to fill the gap. But I can't figure out what good the front straps are. The wing nuts hold it well enough.
The Extang Trifecta 2.0 is our best selling soft folding tonneau cover at our cap & truck accessory business. The front straps are to secure the folded tonneau panels in place, especially important when going down the road with it folded. When folded open, that would give you 2/3 of the length of your bed open.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
The Extang Trifecta 2.0 is our best selling soft folding tonneau cover at our cap & truck accessory business. The front straps are to secure the folded tonneau panels in place, especially important when going down the road with it folded. When folded open, that would give you 2/3 of the length of your bed open.
The straps I am talking about are on the front most cross over. They are mounted next to the front latches. They have metal clamp-like thing on one end. They have no means of cinching tight if they are supposed to be attached to the bedrail. They seem useless to me. I do like the cover though.

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
20210630_091812.jpg
20210630_091815.jpg

Rough country. Bought from TDOT. It was the cheapest low profile I could find in Canada at the time. Doesn't open against the cab, but I haven't needed that extra fold. Also it would be easy to remove. Won't support a person
Hello I have the gator efx looks identical....does it leak? I get a lil water inside....

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The straps I am talking about are on the front most cross over. They are mounted next to the front latches. They have metal clamp-like thing on one end. They have no means of cinching tight if they are supposed to be attached to the bedrail. They seem useless to me. I do like the cover though.
A photo would be helpful. I'm looking at the display model in our show room and there are no straps with metal ends. Only straps are the ones with plastic ends that click into the plastic clips on the front frame at the bulk head to secure the panels when tonneau is in fully open position.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
A photo would be helpful. I'm looking at the display model in our show room and there are no straps with metal ends. Only straps are the ones with plastic ends that click into the plastic clips on the front frame at the bulk head to secure the panels when tonneau is in fully open position.
1628630299016.png

1628630194279.png

DrizzyDrake

First Name
Drake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy GTB, RX7 FD, soon buying a ranger
Occupation
Technician at Subaru
Hello I have the gator efx looks identical....does it leak? I get a lil water inside....
No real leaks. On water gets in in heavy downpour or if I go through deep water (up to the doors). It has foam and gutters to keep water out fron the top. In the car wash it some times gets in at the top corners of the tailgate.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never seen an extra strap before with what looks to have a clamp on the end. My Trifecta 2.0 Signature series should be in today for my Ranger so if it gets installed today, I'll look to see if mine has one too.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never seen an extra strap before with what looks to have a clamp on the end. My Trifecta 2.0 Signature series should be in today for my Ranger so if it gets installed today, I'll look to see if mine has one too.

UPDATE! I went out in the shop yesterday to watch a Extang Trifecta 2.0 being installed on a 2021 Silverado. I saw the strap and asked about it! Installer said it's like a security strap, I suppose in case the 4 fastening points came loose and so the tonneau doesn't go flyng away. He said he just fastens the clamp on the end of that strap to the driver's side bed rail right behind the front left turn buckle fastener.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I posted an update... it's like a security strap. Just clamp it to the driver's side bed rail right behind that front left turn buckle fastener.... well, at least that's how the installer in our shop said he does it.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
UPDATE! I went out in the shop yesterday to watch a Extang Trifecta 2.0 being installed on a 2021 Silverado. I saw the strap and asked about it! Installer said it's like a security strap, I suppose in case the 4 fastening points came loose and so the tonneau doesn't go flyng away. He said he just fastens the clamp on the end of that strap to the driver's side bed rail right behind the front left turn buckle fastener.
Thanks! I was back and forth with the mfg and we never got it figured out. I think the customer service rep gave up on me because he just stopped replying to my emails. He never said anything about a security strap. I sure wish they would mention that in the install manual. But in the manual it says to attach and cinch it tight. WTF? There is no cinch.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I was back and forth with the mfg and we never got it figured out. I think the customer service rep gave up on me because he just stopped replying to my emails. He never said anything about a security strap. I sure wish they would mention that in the install manual. But in the manual it says to attach and cinch it tight. WTF? There is no cinch.
Just minutes ago I posted a pic of my Trifecta Signatures series we just put on my 2021. Strangely, mine had 2 security straps, so one was fastened on driver's side and one on passenger side... I was expecting to see only one after the photo you had posted.

Our installer mentioned that they didn't always have those security straps. Maybe they had a lawsuit after one flew off a truck!
Sponsored