Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It’s only one part of it - there are other elements to their design that make it suitable for RTTs and such. I wish it was that easy. ?
Sponsored

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Any more Leers with SuperCab pics?

Minnesota

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Are cx classic with outdoorsman windows, helps a lot with grabbing stuff deep inside while camping and such. Also, I love the look of the topper. No complaints here.
I also chose the cx classic instead of the revo because the backrear view window has a lip on it hanging over the tailgate. Gives a clean snug look and a better water seal.
40CFC0C3-FCCC-4DA2-813C-9D1DA1DB4592.jpeg
759A08E6-1425-402E-B24E-0558292499BF.jpeg
E0EA2342-7159-4C6C-A75C-6B8937941FE8.jpeg

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Some what off topic question: Where did the term "Topper" come from? I never heard it until I joined this forum.

Going back I to the 70s when I got my first pickup they were referred to as a "Cap" or sometimes "Camper Shell". Even manufacturers like Leer refer to them as a Cap. There are 8 businesses in my area that sell truck accessories that have "Cap" in their name.

Just curious.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Some what off topic question: Where did the term "Topper" come from? I never heard it until I joined this forum.

Going back I to the 70s when I got my first pickup they were referred to as a "Cap" or sometimes "Camper Shell". Even manufacturers like Leer refer to them as a Cap. There are 8 businesses in my area that sell truck accessories that have "Cap" in their name.

Just curious.
it all depends on what part of the country you from... like pop/soda/coke dispute... the correct answer is pop BTW

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired

Just curious.
I think it must be a regional thing? I grew up in the 70s and 80s in central IL and I only heard topper. Never heard the term cap until I moved east.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I was originally going to get a classy fiberglass one with the rise in the roof. But I decided to save money. And this way it'll be easier to take off and put back on being it's a lot lighter than fiberglass.

PXL_20230621_232333748.jpg

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Got my A.R.E. Series Z topper. Only option was the tilt cab window for easy cleaning. Roughly $3500.
The rear window is a little stubborn to latch. Fit is not exactly perfect but the finish and color match is dead on. I did have to glue down the weather strip on the rear window.

The truck is much quieter and rides better with no noticeable roll in corners. I do have rear sway bar that I added early on. I thought I might need some Sumo Springs but I think I can do without them.

Just Trucks in Goodlettsville TN was the dealer and great customer service here, can’t say the same for A.R.E.. I tried to contact them several times about a rebate they offered on their website but had no luck. Even the dealer had a problem trying to find out about it. The dealer gave me the rebate after becoming frustrated as I was.

IMG_4177.jpeg
IMG_4176.jpeg
IMG_4175.jpeg
IMG_4174.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation