Show me your low profile tonneau cover

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
BAK Revolver X4S. It’s expensive if you pay asking price, but a lot of BAK covers are discounted by vendors. Had mine OTD for $900. Installed in a little more than an hour, but that was only because I didn’t see a second parts bag with Ranger specific parts until after I installed the side rails. Oops.

Overall thoughts: great cover, with some improvements from the original Roll-X I had nearly a decade ago. Haven’t tested the water ingress, but expect it to be more because of the gaps around the tailgate than because of anything with the cover. Love that it’s a hard cover yet I can still see out the back window, and doesn’t take up any bed space. Truly believe this is the best compromise of all the tonneau options. Of course, you pay for that…

7A4961E1-11C2-481C-908D-7B81B9416A0C.jpeg

AF5E0C81-4778-4F69-9517-22B1AB8BD271.jpeg
8225D90B-BF45-4679-B1E8-01E46B4F6D87.jpeg

5A3123F0-302B-4D35-BDCE-84E55AFD31A7.jpeg

DB20B721-6BD5-4A14-B84A-D2482B5B5F60.jpeg
Looks nice, but $900 for a roll up, albeit nice one, crazy money
Sponsored

Mastodon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2020 Explorer Limited
Looks nice, but $900 for a roll up, albeit nice one, crazy money
True, but you're paying for the durability and security of an aluminum solid cover. It's not really different in price than any of the hard solid-folds. The Bak MX4 that a lot of people get is listed at around $1000, and the equally common Extang Solid-Fold is listed at $909. If you want to talk about crazy prices, look at the Diamondback HD. That thing is an insane $2100!!!!! o_O

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
It came with a THICK weather strip (1" or more) that was proud of the side rails before I installed it.

The leak is in the corners of the bed, not anywhere near the middle of the front of it. I need to crawl in there with a friend who has a flashlight or something on the outside to see if I can find it. If I do and can't get a fitted piece for it, I might just spray foam it. I think it's up in the side rail bits, so it should stick reasonably well. I can put some mold release spray up there to make sure it doesn't stick TOO well.
I bought a Gator Tri-Fold and tried to install it last night thinking it would be an easy task. The problem I am having is I need to angle the front clamps about 45 degrees in order to make contact with the bed rails. It did not come with any rails, just the weather strip that you mentioned.

I called Gator support and the representative first stated it should have come with rails that needed to be installed, then said it didn't need rails. He opened a warranty claim and I'll need to email him pictures after I try to reinstall over the weekend.

Just wondering if you ran into the same issue or have any advice. Maybe I'm not doing something wrong but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. The directions are about as worthless as can be.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I just received that and the package says it excludes 2019+ Rangers? It worked for you?
Like a champ! Not sure why it would say it doesn't work...it's just a length of rubber seal.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin

SegFault

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Industrial Sanitation Engineer, Cloud DevOps
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for the Bak X4s. I haven't noticed any water leakage since, but I haven't been out in any torrential downpours or gone through the car wash with it though.

cover_down_01a.jpg

cover_rolled_up_back_01c.jpg

cover_rolled_up_side_01e.jpg

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Any reason you chose this over the BAKFlip?
Two main reasons really. Wasn't really into the smooth aluminum (powder?) coated panels. Too many reports of them scratching/denting easily. The Linex coating on the ArmorFlex should be practically impervious to scratching and also add some level of dent resistance. But the biggest reason was the fact this one doesn't rest against the cab when stored fully open.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Not low profile but the EXTANG TRIFECTA 2.0 TONNEAU COVER comes off with two wingnuts in a couple of minutes. You do not have to deal with rails or drains or any of that stuff. Seals very nicely on top of the box. Very water tight also. I've had mine for 2 years and it still looks new.
That's what have. It's pretty nice. It came with a seal that attaches to the front rail behind the cab to fill the gap. But I can't figure out what good the front straps are. The wing nuts hold it well enough.
Sponsored