Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Ranger for 16 months 24751 miles. The only issue I had was with an a/c vent. I have an XL with the STX, FX, & tow package & one of my a/c vents had the chrome looking bezel from a Lariat installed at the factory, dealer was able to order the correct one & replaced it. Now if you what to consider that an issue it was no big deal I had the truck a couple weeks before I noticed it. I love this truck have made 5 trips from Texas back up to MO towing a uhaul trailer with no issue's. This truck has been 100% what I hoped it to be. Having owned a 92 F250 Super cab 4x4 for 19 years before selling it when we moved to Texas from Omaha, I hope this truck follows in it's big brothers footsteps. I plan on making it a keeper. Oh and by the way the 92 was blue also. :like:
Edit: No Damper Needed
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
In some other thread I had mentioned this - I haven't really enjoyed cruising since I did so in my 1968 Mustang convertible during 69-70. Now, I'll go for a drive and not stop when I get back just to go around one more time, all the while listening to 60's on 6 (XM). It's just fun and easy and mod-able and it's yours when and wherever you are and you'll smile quite a bit. Everything else is just gravy.

(all other car/trucks basically hoover) :angel:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Tyler,

I have remained silent on this topic as I felt that the Ranger members should input first. I can be considered a Critical Customer with the credentials of having led Ranger for the last 5 years of my Ford Light Truck Engineering career. It is my opinion that the Ranger has moved the bar higher than the competition and has done it in style. Is it perfect...no way as there are so many variables to address on any vehicle program, but I think the Ranger DELIVERS. It has caught the competition flat footed including the "beloved" TACO which rests on its laurels, and sucking in people based on its dated and poor offering. Is the Ranger for you? Drive one. Drive the competition and make your decision. If the placement of the cigar lighter bugs you and is a major factor, for example, then Ford did not address your HOT Button. We have never been able to please 100% of the people and never will. Ford has historically delivered some of the best trucks and SUVs in the industry.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I have had my Ranger for 16 months 24751 miles. The only issue I had was with an a/c vent. I have an XL with the STX, FX, & tow package & one of my a/c vents had the chrome looking bezel from a Lariat installed at the factory, dealer was able to order the correct one & replaced it. Now if you what to consider that an issue it was no big deal I had the truck a couple weeks before I noticed it. I love this truck have made 5 trips from Texas back up to MO towing a uhaul trailer with no issue's. This truck has been 100% what I hoped it to be. Having owned a 92 F250 Super cab 4x4 for 19 years before selling it when we moved to Texas from Omaha, I hope this truck follows in it's big brothers footsteps. I plan on making it a keeper. Oh and by the way the 92 was blue also. :like:
Edit: No Damper Needed
@Blue Streak, you think that now Larry. But, one day.......;):D

Kevin D.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4X2, 2000 Ranger XLT SuperCab
This is my third Ranger since 1998 and after 10 months and 7,500 miles, nothing negative to say at this point. It's comfortable, fuel economy is good, and there's plenty of features if you want to load one up. Compared to my 2000 with the 3.0, the 2019 is a complete blast to drive and brings a smile every drive (especially after the tune). 2020 has been the year of unexpected road trips and I couldn't be happier driving this truck, especially since I feel like it's something exclusive as I still don't see that many on the road where I'm at.

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
I was never a Truck/Pickup person. I always wanted the best handling cars on the market at my price range. In the last 10 years I’ve owned 24 different cars so I’ve been around.

I recently wanted more space as I’m always struggling with stuff and I wanted to move to a more Rural area with work and I tried many SUV’s and other than a Mazda and Volvo I found the rest devoid of any excitement worthy, reliable and well made? Sure but I know I would have traded it in after a few months.

At the same time my wife didn't want to drive my Manual GT so I thought if current SUV’s seem bland to me why not try a Truck. Couple of days later we are at a Ford dealer and I have a walk around a few Rangers. I thought sod it I’ll see how they drive and I don’t know why but I loved it!.

Three hours later we waved goodbye to the Mustang and I started truck life. I love the way they are so much easier to work on/mod than all my previous cars it’s got enough power to satisfy even coming from faster vehicles and I really enjoy driving it.

The plan now is to never sell the Ranger just going to add personal touches and drive it on its door handles for the rest of time and in a few years get a Mach-E.

TL;DR Was surprised how much I liked the Ranger and swapped a Mustang for it and never looked back

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
My only gripe is that its not a F-150, my parking situation won't allow for another full size truck. Other than that and fake engine noise I've been cheesing for the past 17 months of ownership.

No vehicle never has no issues. Its only real if it can't be fixed imo. And so far ford has found solutions for the small issues and my dealership has fixed them:like:

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Hey all, I have been lurking for awhile, and really contemplating pulling the trigger on a new Ranger. However, upon reading countless pages about fuel being in the oil of many other members' trucks, I am starting to question it.

I would like to hear positive experiences from owners who have had their Rangers for awhile, with no fuel/oil, or other mechanical issues. I love everything about the Ranger, and I am trying to tell myself that I am finding possible issues because I am actively looking for them.....(if that makes any sense.) Thanks for any input guys.
Somehow I've managed to miss any mentions of this fuel in oil issue until now.

Loving our truck. No big issues, and fewer little issues than other vehicles I've had.

Montana Ranger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I'm now at a year and 12,000 miles and have had no significant mechanical issues. Half of those miles have been towing our travel trailer all over the northwest. I purchased the Ranger because I wanted to have occasional nominal off-road capability, tow our travel trailer spring into fall, and have good highway handling and snow capability during ski season. I needed a truck large and powerful enough for the towing mission, but less than full-sized for easier driving around town and fitting comfortably in my garage. The Ranger met that balance well. I've been very impressed with the tiny engine that decisively outperforms the 5.0 V8 on our previous SUV. We sampled the Tacoma and GM twins, but the Ranger was clearly superior. My wife loves travelling in it.

J Krutsch

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew FX4
Hey Tyler,
I love this truck. Have about 9,000 miles on it with probably 6,000 of those pulling a 5,500 lb trailer. I have had zero problems with it. No gas in the oil even though I work the engine pretty hard when towing.

801Ranger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4-Race Red
First time truck owner here. Researched midsize trucks for 2 years. Test drove the Ranger and it was game over, love the engine. Bought the dealer demo with 1k miles on it a couple weeks ago and it’s perfect.

I fell in love with the Ranger and I smile deep in my soul everytime I see it in my garage. (It’s still the honeymoon phase but I’m soaking it up ha).

Pull the trigger, you’ll be happy. And much happier than not pulling the trigger of it’s the truck you want. Bottom line is almost every car and manufacturer is susceptible to recalls etc. Major issues/lemons are pretty rare. The odds are in your favor.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Feel like any other vehicle out there that just came out and you're still within the first or second year for the new model there are bound to be issues no matter what you get. I just going to state that from the start. Some of you might get lucky tour you don't have a single issue whatsoever. Others just happen to get that lemon because that's just their luck.

Now to real business! I myself love my Ranger! The reason I got it wasn't exactly because I wanted to but more of the situation I was put in didn't really leave me with much option to begin with. That story will be for another time. For a long time I was actually very curious about the Ranger since I was in a 2016 Nissan Frontier what's a 4 liter V6 in a 5 speed automatic and a crew cab. Overall I loved the truck for the fact that it was pretty dependable and it was something that was mechanic friendly. You don't find things like that very often forget it was. About the only two things I was really looking to get out of the truck if I could have done any better was a little bit better fuel mileage(its a truck so I'm not expecting too much) and a much better turning radius( I'm pretty sure a tractor-trailer had a better turning radius). Other than that I still liked the truck.

After a fun month of October in 2019 I ended up getting into my Ranger without even test-driving one. When I got into it I can tell you I was pretty impressed with the power output especially with being in the High Rockies of Colorado. During the first few thousand miles I did notice one small glitch in the PCM when the transmission all of a sudden decided to go from tenth all the way down to fifth when I would touch the throttle. It only did it for about a mile and I reset the parameters on the PCM for the Adaptive learning. My guess is it was a glitch cuz I've never had it happen ever again. After a while I really started liking the truck until my boss decided to ruin my fun and inform me of where the oil filter is located. That is the first gripe I have about the truck. No others might disagree with me and that's fine but I'm simply going to say Ford could have done much better on the oil filter location. But I will give them the credit did they did a good job with making it a fairly mess free job. The only other grape I have besides the oil filter is the lack of storage you get under the rear seats. You have small triangular bins that you're lucky to fit a few beer cans in the right side and one beer can in the left side. Now if you get a super cab or extended cab as we all know it you lose the storage in the left side because that's where your jack is. Other than that I've been pretty happy with the truck.

Now for the fun stuff!! Did you know there are a lot of accessories from Australia available for our trucks here in the United States?! It is true and I'm very happy about it! I myself already have one of those possible accessories. It is the standard load lift kit from old man emu by ARB. There are also other accessories like a nice aluminum flatbed that can have a nice canopy put on it that comes with a built-in 18 gallon water tank and a few other storage compartments. No yes you do pay a price for that bed but it is an option you have. Also ARB already has a very nice Bull Bar upfront with side steps that include Fender bars for Extra Protection if you are one to go off road. I have noticed in general there's quite a bit of stuff that's becoming available for these Rangers slowly but surely but I can tell you these are going to be a very nice Market overall. There are even other things like tunes and bigger turbos and other fun bits and pieces because why not. Will you be able to justify every little bit and piece to your vehicle? Probably not but there will be those things that you want to do to your truck because you want to make it yours and not necessary like everyone else's.

So is everything you just read from my little deal here hopefully that will help you out enough to say that the ranger is a truck well worth getting. If you do end up getting a truck welcome to the community! If not well then it's what it is.

I hope this helps you out!

0906201648.jpg

0906201739_HDR.jpg

1017201459.jpg

0803201851.jpg

0719201440.jpg

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer

Now for the fun stuff!! Did you know there are a lot of accessories from Australia available for our trucks here in the United States?! It is true and I'm very happy about it! I myself already have one of those possible accessories. It is the standard load lift kit from old man emu by ARB. There are also other accessories like a nice aluminum flatbed that can have a nice canopy put on it that comes with a built-in 18 gallon water tank and a few other storage compartments. No yes you do pay a price for that bed but it is an option you have. Also ARB already has a very nice Bull Bar upfront with side steps that include Fender bars for Extra Protection if you are one to go off road. I have noticed in general there's quite a bit of stuff that's becoming available for these Rangers slowly but surely but I can tell you these are going to be a very nice Market overall. There are even other things like tunes and bigger turbos and other fun bits and pieces because why not. Will you be able to justify every little bit and piece to your vehicle? Probably not but there will be those things that you want to do to your truck because you want to make it yours and not necessary like everyone else's.

I would love to see a link for this flatbed you're talking about.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase