flatus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F1Fitty
probably hard to stick a magnetic mount to an aluminum tailgate
And why would a car tag be on a magnetic mount instead of screwed down to a bumper which is where it is supposed to be?
Sponsored

kaltzbar

First Name
Barret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
That's where my dealer decided was a good place to stick the magnetic license plate...

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
And why would a car tag be on a magnetic mount instead of screwed down to a bumper which is where it is supposed to be?
Do dealers actually screw on plates for test drives where you are?

Bigger question is why the magnetic mount doesn't stick to the steel bumper o_O

flatus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F1Fitty
Dealers do not have to put plates on for a test drive where I am. Dealer inventory just has their dealer name plates on. Only dealer vehicles with state issued tags are demo vehicles that employees drive.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Mine put it on the bumper then he couldn’t figure out why the rear passenger side parking sensor was going off constantly!

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
they have to in Texas but they typically throw them in the rear window.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Brakes definitely feel soft. Drove mine home and was like "Wow. They don't feel like the brakes on my Fusion Sport. ". Don't remember them feeling like that on my two previous test drives. One at the car show and another at a different dealer.

gov cheese

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt super cab
2019 ranger xlt sport 4x4 supercab only got a 6 mile ride so...currently own a 1998 f-150 xlt super cab.

Only lost about 4-5 inches of width and about 2-3 inches in head room over my old truck. At 6'2" 270 had plenty of room in the supercab very comfortable seats. Definitely prefer the supercab to the crew, as with all four door vehicles the rear door pillar is right in my shoulder in the crewcab. Feel that there is more room up front in the supercab. The rear seat in the supercab is more like extended behind the seat storage someone can ride there but they aren't going to like it....perfect!

Performance was good plenty of pickup for the highway. Had a 2015 mustang ecoboost as a loaner for three weeks so engine was familiar.

Drove the Frontier and taco, both are off my list due to interior comfort which is important since I normally drive 20k miles a year commuting.

Still looking at the Colorado due to V6 NA engine option. Really wish Ford would have made the 3.7 V6 NA an option for long term reliability. Have questions on the 2.3 ecoboost making it to 200K miles. I hold on to my vehicles a long time, record 280K miles 1987 Bronco with an inline 6. Rust finally took its toll and traded it for the f-150.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I went to my local dealer and test drove the First one delivered to my area. I have been super excited to get in and drive one, even though I can't get one till the end of the year. It was a loaded Lariat model. It drove really rough feeling with the transmission at take off. It was so bad even the sales guy said something about it. He also folded down the back seats and we couldn't get them to latch when we put them back up. I know there are going to be some issues with a new build but the rumbling from the Trans at take off scares me.

Does anyone else have any test drive issues or concerns or comments they can add? I am not familiar with the 10 speed trans and if it will settle down after it's been drove a while or not. Sale guy was new and didn't have a lot of insight on it. I still plan on getting one but I hope we I drive the one I plan to buy at the end of the year that it feels better at take off than this one.
My thoughts after my first test drive: "Wow this is way better than the Tacoma"

The 10 speed doesn't shift smoothly and probably never will, but otherwise there isn't anything wrong with it. It's actually my favorite auto so far in terms of power delivery. The back seat will latch again, but you have to put some ass into it. It only lowers to provide access to the jack. If you're looking for a flat cargo platform, get a Tacoma - its rear cargo system is actually useful.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
My thoughts after my first test drive: "Wow this is way better than the Tacoma"

The 10 speed doesn't shift smoothly and probably never will, but otherwise there isn't anything wrong with it. It's actually my favorite auto so far in terms of power delivery. The back seat will latch again, but you have to put some ass into it. It only lowers to provide access to the jack. If you're looking for a flat cargo platform, get a Tacoma - its rear cargo system is actually useful.
Agreed. I hate to agree about the Tacoma flat seat being better but... You're right.
Sponsored