Share your positive thoughts

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FiestaST
Hey all, I have been lurking for awhile, and really contemplating pulling the trigger on a new Ranger. However, upon reading countless pages about fuel being in the oil of many other members' trucks, I am starting to question it.

I would like to hear positive experiences from owners who have had their Rangers for awhile, with no fuel/oil, or other mechanical issues. I love everything about the Ranger, and I am trying to tell myself that I am finding possible issues because I am actively looking for them.....(if that makes any sense.) Thanks for any input guys.
Sponsored

dceggert

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302a, Trailer Tow, Technology Package, FX4 in black and a 2017 Fusion Platinum also in black
Occupation
You would not believe it if I told you
Tyler,
I own a 2019 SuperCrew 4x4 XLT and I do not have any issues with fuel in the oil. Just be mindful of the spread of 'issues' on the internet; they trend substantially bigger than they seem because, like you allude to here, issues are what people post about.

As for my positive thoughts of the day this Ranger replaced a 1999 F150 I bought new and drove for 20 years and 200k miles. This truck is marvelous!

Arly

First Name
Arlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT super cab (dog space)
Occupation
trails maintenance
Well gee, we've been driving Honda's for many, many years and in general, loved them. They quit building the one we liked, so we eventually got a truck which was a 2017 Taco. Did not like it what-so-ever and traded it in for a 2019 Ranger. Today we've got about 14K miles on it (not really sure) and love the darn thing. Buckets of power, nice to drive in general, even it town, cab set up is great, can tow all the trailers we own with ease. Is it perfect??? NO!!!! But we hope to keep it for the next 150,000+ miles. We've had no serious issues with ours and it might be the nicest vehicle I've even owned... ?

Last edited:

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
Will Ford hook me up with more FordPass points when I provide positive feedback? How do I sign up to be an influencer?:sunglasses:

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Tyler,
I don't think you have to look very far on this site to find A LOT of positives about this truck. Personally, I love mine and haven't had any issues with fuel in the oil. I would go so far as to say it's probably the favorite of all the vehicles I've owned in 30+ years.

One thing I would point out, if you are, as you state, "looking" for issues, maybe you're not as ready to pull the trigger on one as you think.

However, if you really are ready, you won't be disappointed with this truck. One owners opinion :)

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, I have been lurking for awhile, and really contemplating pulling the trigger on a new Ranger. However, upon reading countless pages about fuel being in the oil of many other members' trucks, I am starting to question it.

I would like to hear positive experiences from owners who have had their Rangers for awhile, with no fuel/oil, or other mechanical issues. I love everything about the Ranger, and I am trying to tell myself that I am finding possible issues because I am actively looking for them.....(if that makes any sense.) Thanks for any input guys.

Tyler,

I am at 17 months and 12,700 miles with no issues. There was a recall for a possible loose wiring plug going to the rear tail lights but mine passed the test and has not had any symptoms. Just as a precaution, I had an oil analysis done and there was no contamination issue. As many others on here have done, I have made some modifications. Mostly just for fun and to personalize it to me. The main one that might have an effect on performance was the Ford Performance Leveling kit. But, that was in all honesty mostly for looks. I replaced a 2011 Super Duty. This truck is better suited to my current needs. I am very happy with my Ranger. Full disclosure, I am a retired Ford employee, but I wouldn't post this if it were not true.
If you do choose to go with the Ranger, best of luck and come back here and let us know how you like it. And lastly "Let the Mods begin" ;) ?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

The Ranger is a great truck. I was a Tacoma guy and had been since 1993... wouldn't even look at any other trucks. I looked at new Tacoma's and they just are to ugly and to anemic. Toyota has lost it's way. We then looked at Colorado's and Rangers. In the end we traded our '02 TRS SR5 Extended Cab for our 2019 Ranger in Sept of 2019.

One year and one month later.... the truck has been flawless.

Ford... Drive One!

005.JPG

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I forget to mention... there are over 7,000 members here. Only a handful are having the "fuel in oil" issue. The problem is real, and I feel sorry for those having it, but it's very rare based on the numbers.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

It's pretty great! Here's a sampling of positive feedback:
1) Aluminum tailgate is light enough that Ford's failure to incorporate a damper only results in mild slams
2) Makes its own oil, which is going to save me all kinds of money in the long run
3) In my old car, I had to go through all the effort of swerving onto the rumble strip if I wanted a vibration at speed.
4) The Sync screen was kind of bright at first, but now that it's gone black, that's not a problem!
5) Most cars have boring monochromatic paint schemes, but the Ranger breaks up the color with lots of paint chips!

But most importantly:
6) I don't have any of the above problems (well, there is a bit of fuel in the oil, but it's a few fluid oz, not quarts). Yes, there are examples of problems that have popped up in individual units, but generally this truck is a kick in the pants to drive, gets great gas mileage considering its capabilities, and fits in the garage without issue.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Like most things on the internet most tend to come on and post negative feedback rather than positive ones. I'm 15 months in and love my Ranger! :inlove:

I think it's the perfect size truck for what most need a truck for. Plenty of power and don't be fooled by the 2.3 4cyl it's a beast especially if you tune it and the tranny is smooth as glass. It's to bad some have these issues but I can say mine has been 100% flawless and is one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. Now go buy one! ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
13 months and 12,000 miles on my '19 XLT Sport
Love my truck. No real issues aside from lack of funds for some of the mods I would like to do ?
Go drive a couple. Best way to decide if you'll be comfortable in one. Try different configurations.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love my truck! I love how it feels on the road after I added the Eibach leveling kit (really firmed up and improved the ride!), and I love the look and utility of it. And I love my new hobby of getting out and off road!
2020-09-07 20.19.45.jpg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Hey, Tyler, I love the Ranger, and most of the other members do, too! Most of us either have had just minor issues or no issues at all, and so do not be overly influenced by the relatively few members who have had some more serious problems with their trucks.... Go for it!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I will just add a quick note to add to the chorus - I've had mine for 18 months now - about 16,000 miles on it and had no issues with it. Just about to do the second oil change on it. As others have said, the fuel in oil issue is real, but it is only affecting a very small percentage of vehicles.

I love this truck - it is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned - a great daily driver and very capable offroad as well as hauling and towing. The powertrain continues to amaze and impress me.
Sponsored