First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Tech
As far as the fuel in oil issue, I checked the oil on two different trucks before I bought one. They both smelled like gas. However I figured it may have just been caused by these things doing a lot of idling and short test drives then sitting on the lot. Happy to say that after 700km the smell has dissipated. Not to say that some don’t have the issue just if you do check and smell fuel it’s probably not indicative of a problem.

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Nearing 35,000 miles in just about a year of ownership... Love my truck. Recommend the tow package if you ever intend on towing anything that will require a brake controller. Just finished a two week 3800 mile drive in mine. My truck gets all routine services done at home. Since my warranty coverage goes out soon all I will seemingly need to take mine in for repair will be to have the parking brake boot replaced as it is coming up in one corner.

Most of the trucks seemingly having issues from what i've seen are owners that have earlier build dates than mine. Just an observation. Mines almost a year old. Whatever they're putting out on the line at the plant these days will most surely have the first year woes worked out.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
13 months and 9000 miles on my '19 XLT Sport FX4, no issues at all. No stutter, vibration or shifting issues. No fuel in oil! Must have been built on the right day of the week. Only frustration was no available integrated brake controller at the time I bought. Installed a Redarc controller and life is good!

Only issue is not enough bank account to do all the mods I would like. :( The wife even likes it. :clap: Her only is was me finding this forum and finding all the things I didn't know I needed. :LOL:

As has been said the major issues (there will always be some) are few but get the most press. There will always be someone who thinks this or that feature should have been supplied or included. Or this particular feature doesn't work just the way they would like it to. That's what is great about these forums, a place for everyone to comment and learn about mods to make your truck fit your style and needs.

I love my Ranger and wouldn't change a thing, well maybe a few. Nobody makes the perfect vehicle for everyone, but I think the Ranger is as close as they come for me and mine.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Tyler, it's very hard to gauge a vehicle if you use a forum as your guide. Very few come to a forum to say I love my "fill in the blank." Many stop buy for a drink of coffee, and ask about a real or perceived problem. Hang around a bit, then leave. I think you'll find the gas/oil problem was a small sample of the Rangers on the road, and that Ford seems to have a handle on it now. As you can see from the post the vast majority of owners have been satisfied with theirs. I was a solid F-150 fan, and have owned many. But the size began to present a problem with the smaller parking areas in my city, so I went in search of. The Toyota is riding on an over 10 year old platform, so it didn't even rank. The Colorado/Canyon twins are nice, but the 3.6L gets worse mpgs than my previous '13 F-150 5.0L. And the seats sit like a rock. I already knew that I would probably order a Ranger, but wanted to give the others a look see. My new ranger should be built soon, and I expect it to be as reliable as the F-150's I've owned since 1990. Good luck on your decision.

JB's Garage

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 1989 Dodge Ram 1st Gen
Occupation
Engineer
I'm coming over from Dodge, had three over the past 30 years. But, no one will deal anymore on the prices. This is my first Ford in over 30 years. I still have my 89 1st Gen, but my daily driver was high in miles. I've 8K miles on my 2019 XLT FX4 with FabTech 3.5" Lift and 33" tires. I get around 18-19 combined driving MPG, not thrilling at all since my 89 gets the same mileage (negative). SuperCrew bed is too short and lacks all of the Toyota niceties. Interior storage is nearly non-existent compared to my 2003 Ram and the Tacoma (Negative), Arm rest has no padding (negative). Paint on my black roof molding has pealed off (negative) and still waiting for Ford to resolve. Handling has understeer and the rear is a little twitchy (negative). Braking is weak (negative). Looks, liked better than the mid-size competitors, HP better than the competitors, better tuner platform, (only reason I bought). My biggest concern is the DI and its impact to the intake valves at +60K. I figure that's when I add port fuel injection, ported head and cams. Who knows, I got a 0% APR I may just sell it in three years.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey all, I have been lurking for awhile, and really contemplating pulling the trigger on a new Ranger. However, upon reading countless pages about fuel being in the oil of many other members' trucks, I am starting to question it.

I would like to hear positive experiences from owners who have had their Rangers for awhile, with no fuel/oil, or other mechanical issues. I love everything about the Ranger, and I am trying to tell myself that I am finding possible issues because I am actively looking for them.....(if that makes any sense.) Thanks for any input guys.
There's something like 150k Rangers on the road and I've heard of a handful with fuel in the oil.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
While mine did have the fuel in oil issue, the dealer replaced the HPFP and all is now well.

I looked at all the midsize trucks and the Ranger was the one that struck me as the best.

I must like it a lot as a few months ago Carvana offered me almost $7k more than I paid for it and I kept the truck.

I already knew there wasn't another midsize I would've liked better, and I couldn't have gotten another Ranger equipped like mine for that price.

Drive a Ranger, then go drive everything else, then drive the Ranger again.

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
50,000+ miles and still rocking like a champ...:inlove:
IMG_6644.JPG
@Msfitoy, I know this has nothing to do with the post, but damn Sid, that is still one of my favorite Rangers here on the forum. Gives me a tingle in my special place ever time I see that beauty.:angel::like:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Nearly 18 months and 12000 miles so far and two oil changes. I have not even had to add air to the tires.
This truck is Flawless!
The oil was clean when changed and right on the full mark as expected.
I have towed my travel trailer over 5000 of those miles and managed to get low twenties consistently with the trailer on the highway.
This thing has lots of power while providing great mileage commensurate with driving habits.
It is comfortable on long trips and parkable for a trip to the store or the lumber yard.
The only thing that holds it back is the large number of folks who stop me to admire it and ask about it.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
@Msfitoy, I know this has nothing to do with the post, but damn Sid, that is still one of my favorite Rangers here on the forum. Gives me a tingle in my special place ever time I see that beauty.:angel::like:
Lol...ok tell me where to send the cash?

Seriously, thanks for the comp...I seriously wish I could park her for a year so I don't keep piling up the miles lol...I do keep up with the maintenance and appearance so she stays looking like new...I should take her back to the dealership one day so the salesman can see what's become of the Ranger he sold me over year a ago...

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
All I have to say is..... Yes there IS such thing as a perfect truck! :like: Sixteen months, 22,800 miles. No issues at all. And yes, I would notice if there were.;)
Test drive a couple different Rangers. It's a great truck!:turkey:

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
This is my 4th Ranger and it's been 17 months (but only 9500 miles) since I brought her home and the only issue I've had (it's an ongoing thing), is keeping my foot out of it since I got the Livernois tune. Love pulling away from a stop sing or light at about 1/3 throttle and getting 2nd gear rubber.....I can see I'll have to rotate the tires on a more regular basis.....but DAMN, it's fun. Only been back to the dealer to "buy" the Air Design fender vent inserts using my Ford Points.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I absolutely love my Ranger XLT Supercrew Sport 4x4. It has been great for the almost 16 months that I have owned it. Is it perfect? Well nothing is, but this comes so close that I am perfectly happy with it.

ROBERTECOX

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat 2wd sport pkg
Occupation
US ARMY (RETIRED)
Love this truck!!! Have had NO issues with it at all. I have had issues with with this forum that has driven me into financial ruin by forcing me into spending money on accessories, mods and yes...the infamous tailgate damper
Sponsored