Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I went to my local dealer and test drove the First one delivered to my area. I have been super excited to get in and drive one, even though I can't get one till the end of the year. It was a loaded Lariat model. It drove really rough feeling with the transmission at take off. It was so bad even the sales guy said something about it. He also folded down the back seats and we couldn't get them to latch when we put them back up. I know there are going to be some issues with a new build but the rumbling from the Trans at take off scares me.

Does anyone else have any test drive issues or concerns or comments they can add? I am not familiar with the 10 speed trans and if it will settle down after it's been drove a while or not. Sale guy was new and didn't have a lot of insight on it. I still plan on getting one but I hope we I drive the one I plan to buy at the end of the year that it feels better at take off than this one.
Sponsored

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I went to my local dealer and test drove the First one delivered to my area. I have been super excited to get in and drive one, even though I can't get one till the end of the year. It was a loaded Lariat model. It drove really rough feeling with the transmission at take off. It was so bad even the sales guy said something about it. He also folded down the back seats and we couldn't get them to latch when we put them back up. I know there are going to be some issues with a new build but the rumbling from the Trans at take off scares me.

Does anyone else have any test drive issues or concerns or comments they can add? I am not familiar with the 10 speed trans and if it will settle down after it's been drove a while or not. Sale guy was new and didn't have a lot of insight on it. I still plan on getting one but I hope we I drive the one I plan to buy at the end of the year that it feels better at take off than this one.

I drove an XLT on Dec 29th and it was smooth from the start, maybe it's a Lariat issue? Any Lariats test drivers want to chime in? They had a fully loaded Lariat but i didn't get to test drive it but I did go up the little slope they made lol

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Test drove a lariat and bought it 45 mins later........ I thought it was alright:)

Honestly I barely notice the tranny shifting, maybe some issues with one, nothings perfect.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
I did the test drive as part of the Ranger drive event. I drove a Lariat 4x4, which drove nicely.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I did the test drive as part of the Ranger drive event. I drove a Lariat 4x4, which drove nicely.
I got an invitation to the test drive event last year, as I recall there was one national drawing for a new Ranger with a value of up to $40000 as part of that event
Any Idea who won that truck which was supposed to be awarded in late NOV.

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

I've heard of transmissions taking a few miles to learn a shift pattern and it smooths out after a number of miles are put on

OP
OP
Tra1969

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard of transmissions taking a few miles to learn a shift pattern and it smooths out after a number of miles are put on
Thanks, I was kind of thinking that direction. The truck I drove only had 16 miles on it. I will wait till they get a few more on the lot and try a test drive again in the spring.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4

Ive only done the back seat once so farand you have to give it a good shot to get it to latch, first time it didnt catch, second I pushed harder and it did. Hopefully it will loosen up.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
There is an adaptive learning procedure for the 10R80. Once you've initiated it you basically run it up to different speeds like 4 times or something. Should have been good to go from the factory but who knows what happened once the dealer got a hold of it.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pmiyoshiphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback16, Ford Ranger 11
Occupation
⭐ tender
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove one early yesterday morning, it was a lariat sport 4x4 but not the fx4, the ride amazed me considering I test drove a new Tacoma and a new zr2 recently! Out of the 3, the Ford was by far the more superior ride on road, although on turns it felt a little less tight than the zr2, overall it had great quickness, braking, and transmission shifted nicely! And the ride was quite! I eventually bought the one I wanted later that night

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Took my second test drive of a 2019 Ranger in this bad boy, Lariat FX4, at Gosch Ford in Temecula, CA last night . Drove one at the San Diego Auto Show in December as well. I love how responsive the engine is and how smooth the transmission feels. I would have loved to pull the trigger on this one but priced at $43,860 it is a bit rich for my blood. They have an Ingot Silver XLT with the tech package coming in shortly, so I think I'm holding out for that one. This one is so tempting though...
RANGERLARIATFX4.jpg

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
Took my second test drive of a 2019 Ranger in this bad boy, Lariat FX4, at Gosch Ford in Temecula, CA last night . Drove one at the San Diego Auto Show in December as well. I love how responsive the engine is and how smooth the transmission feels. I would have loved to pull the trigger on this one but priced at $43,860 it is a bit rich for my blood. They have an Ingot Silver XLT with the tech package coming in shortly, so I think I'm holding out for that one. This one is so tempting though...
RANGERLARIATFX4.jpg
That white sure looks slick with the sports appearance package.

LARanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid

I experienced this while driving a Lariat at the LA auto show drive event. I was the first driver of the day and I thought perhaps it was because it was the first start of the day. I didn’t experience the issue after that taking off from red lights etc - only at the very first few seconds after I started the car. In another posting I referred to it as a turbo lag but I think you’re right that a transmission issue is a more accurate description. I remember it feeling like the car is wrongly downshifting, as if I’m driving down a hill, except I wasn’t and it was just take off from flat ground. It too gave me some hesitance but I ultimately decided to place an order anyway just last weekend. Im sure it has its flaws (though they’re hard to find in all the reviews I’ve read) but ultimately we want a midsize truck this year and we just like the Ranger the best among all the options.

rangerdrive

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
That white sure looks slick with the sports appearance package.
Yeah it does. The pic doesn't do it justice because it was dark and raining but that truck looks sooo good. I usually prefer the Platinum White metallic over the oxford white but paired with that appearance package with the dark colored wheels it looks clean. :inlove:

Dan Kobler

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT SuperCrew 302A 4x4
Just test drove a FX4 Lariat tonight at my dealer in MN. You feel like you are in a truck but it handles like an escape. It was fun to floor it getting onto the freeway, the smoothness of the 10 speed transmission is very noticeable. Super excited for my truck to come in beginning of March! Can't come soon enough!
Sponsored