Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it would be possible to get a 6' option on a crew cab.
You'd have to poke around a little, but I want to say I've seen one online. On the crew cab, that extra room in front of the rear axle allowed for more under tray storage. I think I saw one that was rigged up with water and maybe a generator in storage lockers forward of the rear axle.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
and a much better turning radius( I'm pretty sure a tractor-trailer had a better turning radius).
Not to derail the thread, but if you want to drive something with a TERRIBLE turning radius, drive a C-MAX. We have one, and love the car, but for a little car, it has a TERRIBLE turning radius. I'm pretty sure the Ranger has a better turning radius. I've never found the Ranger turning radius to be that bad, honestly.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Not to derail the thread, but if you want to drive something with a TERRIBLE turning radius, drive a C-MAX. We have one, and love the car, but for a little car, it has a TERRIBLE turning radius. I'm pretty sure the Ranger has a better turning radius. I've never found the Ranger turning radius to be that bad, honestly.
Lol you mossed the fact that i was talking about my 2016 Nissan Frontier when i said that.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Lol you mossed the fact that i was talking about my 2016 Nissan Frontier when i said that.
I guess I did!!!! Sorry about that! I guess it makes more sense now. :)

thunders_truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 scab ranger XL 4x4, 2008 nissan 350Z
Occupation
civil engineer
Feel like any other vehicle out there that just came out and you're still within the first or second year for the new model there are bound to be issues no matter what you get. I just going to state that from the start. Some of you might get lucky tour you don't have a single issue whatsoever. Others just happen to get that lemon because that's just their luck.

Now to real business! I myself love my Ranger! The reason I got it wasn't exactly because I wanted to but more of the situation I was put in didn't really leave me with much option to begin with. That story will be for another time. For a long time I was actually very curious about the Ranger since I was in a 2016 Nissan Frontier what's a 4 liter V6 in a 5 speed automatic and a crew cab. Overall I loved the truck for the fact that it was pretty dependable and it was something that was mechanic friendly. You don't find things like that very often forget it was. About the only two things I was really looking to get out of the truck if I could have done any better was a little bit better fuel mileage(its a truck so I'm not expecting too much) and a much better turning radius( I'm pretty sure a tractor-trailer had a better turning radius). Other than that I still liked the truck.

After a fun month of October in 2019 I ended up getting into my Ranger without even test-driving one. When I got into it I can tell you I was pretty impressed with the power output especially with being in the High Rockies of Colorado. During the first few thousand miles I did notice one small glitch in the PCM when the transmission all of a sudden decided to go from tenth all the way down to fifth when I would touch the throttle. It only did it for about a mile and I reset the parameters on the PCM for the Adaptive learning. My guess is it was a glitch cuz I've never had it happen ever again. After a while I really started liking the truck until my boss decided to ruin my fun and inform me of where the oil filter is located. That is the first gripe I have about the truck. No others might disagree with me and that's fine but I'm simply going to say Ford could have done much better on the oil filter location. But I will give them the credit did they did a good job with making it a fairly mess free job. The only other grape I have besides the oil filter is the lack of storage you get under the rear seats. You have small triangular bins that you're lucky to fit a few beer cans in the right side and one beer can in the left side. Now if you get a super cab or extended cab as we all know it you lose the storage in the left side because that's where your jack is. Other than that I've been pretty happy with the truck.

Now for the fun stuff!! Did you know there are a lot of accessories from Australia available for our trucks here in the United States?! It is true and I'm very happy about it! I myself already have one of those possible accessories. It is the standard load lift kit from old man emu by ARB. There are also other accessories like a nice aluminum flatbed that can have a nice canopy put on it that comes with a built-in 18 gallon water tank and a few other storage compartments. No yes you do pay a price for that bed but it is an option you have. Also ARB already has a very nice Bull Bar upfront with side steps that include Fender bars for Extra Protection if you are one to go off road. I have noticed in general there's quite a bit of stuff that's becoming available for these Rangers slowly but surely but I can tell you these are going to be a very nice Market overall. There are even other things like tunes and bigger turbos and other fun bits and pieces because why not. Will you be able to justify every little bit and piece to your vehicle? Probably not but there will be those things that you want to do to your truck because you want to make it yours and not necessary like everyone else's.

So is everything you just read from my little deal here hopefully that will help you out enough to say that the ranger is a truck well worth getting. If you do end up getting a truck welcome to the community! If not well then it's what it is.

I hope this helps you out!

0906201648.jpg

0906201739_HDR.jpg

1017201459.jpg

0803201851.jpg

0719201440.jpg
Man, that is one sweet Datsun!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score