First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I was looking at different retailers, most say for an unlifted Ranger the Bilstein B6 4600s are what is called for. One site called for 5100s for a Ranger with a 0" to 3" inch lift. The difference in price was negligible, won't the 5100s give a harsher ride? I am looking to reduce body roll in turns and porpoising under moderate loads. 39K miles now.
Sponsored

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I loved my Eibach and I'm surprised to here some have had problems with theirs. Maybe it was a bad batch and hopefully not a regular thing.
it might also have to be that im use to 2.5s and nicer suspension then this and im just not a fan of it i guess? because the tacoma at the end of its life had fox 2.5 ext travel remote resi coilovers

cclayton

First Name
Collin Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I was looking at different retailers, most say for an unlifted Ranger the Bilstein B6 4600s are what is called for. One site called for 5100s for a Ranger with a 0" to 3" inch lift. The difference in price was negligible, won't the 5100s give a harsher ride? I am looking to reduce body roll in turns and porpoising under moderate loads. 39K miles now.
Body roll, nose dive during braking and bouncing after hitting a bump are all gone after installing the 5100s

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Get the highest stage kit icon offers. Upper control arms, 2.5" shocks all around with adjusters, and new leaf springs.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Or get 5100's all around from stage3motorsports. It's cheap enough that you'll always be proud of improving your ride for so cheap but if you start upgrading other suspension components you'll never be fully satisfied because it's so expensive.

Dagzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Get the highest stage kit icon offers. Upper control arms, 2.5" shocks all around with adjusters, and new leaf springs.
I basically have this same Icon kit "Superdannyboy" listed. I started with the 2.5 shocks front and back with UCA's. Then I added the leafs and it's a completely different truck. It rides so much better on and off road. Getting new bump stops isn't a bad idea either and relatively inexpensive. I bought a set of Tibren's. This setup seems to be on sale very often @ Stage 3

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Has anyone put these rear springs on their truck? Did it change the stock ride height? How did it change the ride?
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/198520-19-22-ranger-icon-multi-rate-leaf-spring-kit.html
I installed the Global Leaf springs. I purposely waited before installing my Eibach Pro Truck 2.0 with rear resi. The springs raised the rear height just over 3/4" I was surprised by how much of a difference it made. It was noticeably smoother over bumps and the front lost 50% of the porpoising that everyone complains about.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Best bang for the buck is Eibach or Bilstein.....the rest are fairly pricy and unless you are a power 4x4er.....the fore mentioned will serve you well at a reasonable price point....I also have Eibach shocks.

Crow_of_judgement

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 ranger screw lariat
Occupation
Parks and recreation maintenance
Stage 1 (snap ring or Stage 2 coilover)?
Stage 1, Shelly's just a highway cruiser with occasional trailer pulling duty

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Any recommendations on suspension? I drive a TON and want a better ride. I would also like to level it.

I am in a FX4. Wifey has a Tremor. Both have their pro/con for suspension. I want something better than both. I drive 75% interstate 20% bouncy country road and 5% dirt.

I have read that bilsteins ordered from mfg direct is best. thoughts?
bilstein are in my opinion the best quality you can buy. however that does not mean they are the best for what you want. based on the 75% interstate maybe something like monroe's higher end shocks or the Eibachs.

Whiplash

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2004 Mazda RX8
Occupation
Route driver
Has anyone put these rear springs on their truck? Did it change the stock ride height? How did it change the ride?
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/198520-19-22-ranger-icon-multi-rate-leaf-spring-kit.html
I have the ICON leaf pack....added 1.0" height, installed as shipped, without swapping in or adding the extra leaf.. I went head first down the rabbit hole, Front and rear ICON 2.5 adjustable valve, remote reservoirs, ext travel all around...Firm ride, corners flat ..Not for everyone, but I like it..Over built.. yes, but peace of mind that I can push it offroad, and make it back to civilization....
20220401_183514.jpg
c
20230517_140113.jpg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I thought I've seen several people report those springs failing or loosing their arc. If that's false I would assume any multi leaf will improve ride over the factory rear springs.

Looks like you're in NJ, there was a used set for sale in the classifieds in Md.
Sponsored