RCI skid plate

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
I ordered a set of the aluminum skids a little over 2 months ago. RCI originally said it would take six weeks to ship. I called RCI two weeks ago to get an update and they said that they would ship the next week. Two weeks later and no e-mail or tracking info has been sent to me as of yet? I'm excited to get the product, but the company hasn't been very good with their communication or shipping times with my order.
Took about 4 weeks for mine to be ready, sounds like they’re running slow, I’d for sure give them another call
Sponsored

Shane008

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger
Occupation
HEO4
RCI’s ears must have been burning. I received them last week and installed them this weekend. Very well made products and super easy to install.

0A3DFCD8-D62A-4D12-B82C-DF31AC785457.jpeg

Lateknightucd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat Jungle Edition
Occupation
Medical Compliance
I got mine this week (engine, transmission, and transfer case) in powder coated aluminum and when I went to install today I was missing the mounting brackets for the front, a few of the speed clip plates and some other items. While the build quality is great I’m less than impressed at the packaging QA. I was able to get the air dam and stock skids off at least so provided they rush the missing parts to me I’m figuring an hour or less to install, maybe before the weekend. ??
For the install, what are people torquing to? 22 ft-lbs seems to be referenced in other threads for skid plates.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
can you do just pieces of the rci skids mixed with the stock ones? id like the gas tank skid but want to keep the stock fx4 / tremor plate on the front.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
RCI’s ears must have been burning. I received them last week and installed them this weekend. Very well made products and super easy to install.

0A3DFCD8-D62A-4D12-B82C-DF31AC785457.jpeg
hey shane, what light mount is that you have for the amber lights?

Shane008

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger
Occupation
HEO4
hey shane, what light mount is that you have for the amber lights?
It’s a scrap metal original from Shane’s garage. Piece of angle and a piece of strap welded together, cut to shape. Drill 4 holes in the bumper and put in some threaded rivets (or just use a nut and bolt). You got yourself a light bar. The US bumper is steel, so it works quite well. ?

37DCF09F-E784-4300-898F-49E588C134DD.jpeg

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
It’s a scrap metal original from Shane’s garage. Piece of angle and a piece of strap welded together, cut to shape. Drill 4 holes in the bumper and put in some threaded rivets (or just use a nut and bolt). You got yourself a light bar. The US bumper is steel, so it works quite well. ?

37DCF09F-E784-4300-898F-49E588C134DD.jpeg
nice work! thank you

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I got mine this week (engine, transmission, and transfer case) in powder coated aluminum and when I went to install today I was missing the mounting brackets for the front, a few of the speed clip plates and some other items. While the build quality is great I’m less than impressed at the packaging QA. I was able to get the air dam and stock skids off at least so provided they rush the missing parts to me I’m figuring an hour or less to install, maybe before the weekend. ??
For the install, what are people torquing to? 22 ft-lbs seems to be referenced in other threads for skid plates.
I did not use a torque wrench, just got it nice and tight

Lateknightucd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Compliance
I just got off the phone with RCI. They were super apologetic and will be sending out replacement parts by Priority mail today hopefully arriving Wednesday!

Reactions: Doc

Lateknightucd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Compliance
Great customer service.
Absolutely. I realize that running a business (particularly one reliant on manufacturing) is a challenge and crap is going to happen. How a company responds to those incidents is as important as the quality of the product. So far, so good in my mind.

Lateknightucd

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Compliance
Nothing in the mail today…hopefully tomorrow?

Broke Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger
Occupation
Marina forklift driver
Does anyone know if these work on 2wd trucks?
Sponsored