First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Does the FX4 skid plates protect lower control arm mounts? I kinda hit mine last weekend. Well not kinda I did.
20210428_162358.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TN Ranger

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Be curious to see if any of the aftermarket ones are better at protecting this area
Me too. It was real muddy and tried to avoid the big ones but slid in a rut and all I could do is pedal through. Haha that rhymes.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Look at those three spots of rust on my control arm!!!! Anybody know anything about lemon laws?!

Stephen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Logistics
Me too. It was real muddy and tried to avoid the big ones but slid in a rut and all I could do is pedal through. Haha that rhymes.
TN exile here - From the rocks I am guessing you're in the eastern 1/3 of the state?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Does the FX4 skid plates protect lower control arm mounts? I kinda hit mine last weekend. Well not kinda I did.
20210428_162358.jpg
It doesn't...and if you're hitting the pivot, where the camber adjustment cam is, you might want to check your alignment...also, the lower arm is even more vulnerable...always better to drive over the rocks with your tires if possible... :)

OP
OP
TN Ranger

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
TN exile here - From the rocks I am guessing you're in the eastern 1/3 of the state?
Yes sir. South Pittsburgh TN. Adventure offroad park. It was raining and muddy as crap. Made things way more difficult than should have been

OP
OP
TN Ranger

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
It doesn't...and if you're hitting the pivot, where the camber adjustment cam is, you might want to check your alignment...also, the lower arm is even more vulnerable...always better to drive over the rocks with your tires if possible... :)
Boy was I trying to. Mud and rain put me in some ruts that were too deep for 32 inch tires. It was be stuck or just give it hell. As you can tell I chose the latter haha. Oh yeah paid for the lifetime alignment at Firestone and already have an appointment to drop it off Friday.
Sponsored