OP
OP

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
So the plates are worth every penny! Had a pretty hard impact on the High Water Mark last weekend. Right under the front diff:

27CB6AB9-3A43-4F2A-8A13-3ADDDD8CEE8E.jpeg

F1872F6E-A745-497B-8A82-AC1124E4830B.jpeg

XL_Ranger_Danger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL Ranger, (Previously 1976 Series III 109)
Occupation
Project Manager
Do you have pictrues of how you modified the skid to work with your 589 plate? I have the plate coming in and now I need to modify my ARB.
Hey @Colo_Ranger post #93 on this thread has the best pictures of my install. I ended up grinding the corners of my 589 mount near the lowest bolt hole and cutting a notch on the ARB plate to get it to fit..

However my plate also had a few dings on it by that point, so it was a Lil warped. With a stock ARB plate you might have to grind less.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
So I am looking at the ARB skids but then I remembered Shrockworks has a nice set too. Anyone compare the two, have preference toward one or the other and why?

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
For the FX2 trucks with which looks to be an skid plate, but is mostly fake(shame on ford!) the ARB Full kit will mount up correct?

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
For the FX2 trucks with which looks to be an skid plate, but is mostly fake(shame on ford!) the ARB Full kit will mount up correct?
Should not be any issue with it since it's the same frame.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
That was a shitty move on Ford’s part to change to that plastic half non skid plate. The ‘19 and I believe early ‘00 trucks had the metal full plate.

asix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 XLT
I installed mine this weekend. No lift and no helper. Used a Pelican case to prop up the plates since they are a bit heavy for one guy to lift up alone while crawling under the truck.

Made some notes on the install sheet attached due to some omissions and misprints. Will figure out the Oil Plug situation closer to my oil change time.

Rangerarb.png

arbplates.png
So I'm missing the factory bolts on the front skid. I sold my FX4 skid and all hardware that came with it prior to picking this up. Can anyone link me what I need to purchase? Just 2 bolts right?

Seems like it's the below. As the holes fit the largest bolt in the ARB kit.

W505443-S439

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-bolt-hex-head_-w505443-s439.html

Last edited:

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
If I recall... All the Front skid bolts are the same thread but don't quote me on that for sure... See a Parts Department guy for the actual spec on the Skidplate Bolts, or if you have a buddy who will let you pull one for a couple hours, pull that out and run it to the store and get the right one!

mrhatch

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat APG Build
Occupation
Retired
I installed mine this weekend. No lift and no helper. Used a Pelican case to prop up the plates since they are a bit heavy for one guy to lift up alone while crawling under the truck.

Made some notes on the install sheet attached due to some omissions and misprints. Will figure out the Oil Plug situation closer to my oil change time.

Rangerarb.png

arbplates.png
Hi, looks like a great install, would like to see all the photos but can’t get all of them on the site, can you send to me [email protected]? Thanks, Mike
Sponsored