New ARB Skid Plate

bka0721

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger Edge 2X4 Reg Cab - 2004 Ranger XLT 4X4 4dr - 2008 F550 4X4 Crew Cab Dually
Since I installed my ARB skid plate, I just use a long extension to remove the drain plug.
Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
How do you drain? Using a funnel of some sort? I am lucky enough to have a friend with a pump, so I drain through my dipstick tube.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I've watched some videos and read on here but would just like a paper copy to have while doing the install. I haven't been able to find them online but I did reach out to ARB

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I've watched some videos and read on here but would just like a paper copy to have while doing the install. I haven't been able to find them online but I did reach out to ARB

I was on my phone when I replied last, I am trying to find the instructions now that I am back on my desk. I am not having any luck.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was on my phone when I replied last, I am trying to find the instructions now that I am back on my desk. I am not having any luck.
Already got a response back from ARB so I'm good now!

Attachments

OP
OP

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be warned: unless they have been redone, the instructions are correct but terrible. Most important thing is to pay attention to which fasteners are used in each step.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Does anyone have a PDF of the install instructions? Picking up a used set so it likely won't have instructions
I would use the instructions on Ranger5G. The ARB ones are not right unless they fixed them.

OP
OP

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there are better instructions, by all means they should be used. But out of curiosity, what was actually incorrect about the ARB instructions? I never found any errors--just that they were awful.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If there are better instructions, by all means they should be used. But out of curiosity, what was actually incorrect about the ARB instructions? I never found any errors--just that they were awful.
This is what I experienced. The directions are just hard to follow.

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
I put together this after I installed mine. Hope it helps! If I had it to do over again, I would have bolted the three plates together then installed as one piece. The Dealer who does my oil change drops them in one piece in about 5 mins when they do the oil change. OR... put a futomo oil drain plug in before you install.

View attachment ARB Skid Plates.pdf

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put together this after I installed mine. Hope it helps! If I had it to do over again, I would have bolted the three plates together then installed as one piece. The Dealer who does my oil change drops them in one piece in about 5 mins when they do the oil change. OR... put a futomo oil drain plug in before you install.

View attachment ARB Skid Plates.pdf
Also... If you don't have an ARB Front bumper, you will not use the three bolt holes in the front of the skid plate.

OP
OP

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone attempted to drain from the drain plug with the plates on? I'm thinking of rigging something up to attempt it. I had a situation last oil change where my dipstick read high no matter what I tried after using the pump.

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone attempted to drain from the drain plug with the plates on? I'm thinking of rigging something up to attempt it. I had a situation last oil change where my dipstick read high no matter what I tried after using the pump.
I bought a Fumoto valve to replace it with, however it is still sitting in my toolbox.... I have the dealer do my oil changes and they drop the entire skid in one piece to do this oil change and don't charge me a dime extra. Since I don't enjoy doing my own Oil Changes, this is well worth it for me to just go to the dealer, have the works done and anything messed up is on them.
Sponsored