Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
What suspension upgrade did you use?
Hey, Rick, I did the Ford-Tuned Fox 2.0 Suspension (Leveling) Kit, shown below, and am really happy with it, night and day compared to the stock FX4, but, unsurprisingly, not all members agree, and there are multiple threads on the forum comparing the many options and price points. Whatever you decide, Levittown Ford usually has the best prices. For this kit, go to 2019 Ford Ranger Suspension Kit - Performance Parts & Accessories | Levittown Ford (levittownfordparts.com).
1627547049709.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Unfortunately, best in class towing comes at a price.

Like many, I wish Ford had left the HD suspension as part of the towing package and given the rest of us a more supple solution.

Good luck with the full size GMC, it's a completely different set of compromises for a different set of needs/wants/preferences.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Dealers do this really cool thing it’s called a test drive. Most will even do something crazier….an extended test drive. Lol.

Not being rude but you can’t come on a Ranger forum, complain about the truck and say you moved on and not expect the comments you received.
Best to just move on and be done with it.
My 2 cents.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Wife & I have no issues with stock suspension.
OP, hope it works out for you.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Sorry I didn't feel the urge to spend money fixing a handling problem on a new truck after putting only 10K miles on it. I tried to like it but it just wasn't working out. That and my wife hated it. Used prices are up right now so we traded. I tried to find an F150, but choices were slim and none. This is the first GM product I bought since 1986. So far I am pleased. No need for the insults. All of us make choices that are best for our own needs.
IMG_4995.JPG
Quite honestly, when I first read your post I thought: someone is trolling. You knock a truck that most on the forum love, and post a silly cartoon video of a bouncy truck, which quite frankly felt like an insult to someone like me who bought/owns/loves their Ranger. Not sure what your intent or point was, other than to insult others. Did you think you had a bunch of friends on the forum that would tell you how much they were going to miss you, and you made the best choice? You set yourself up for what you got IMHO.

Last edited:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Unusual exit, a lot of effort to leave, but keystrokes are easier than changing parts.

But I can not embrace a Government Motors vehicle, they held their hand out and accepted taxpayers money during the financial downturn.

OP
OP
Milkmaster

Milkmaster

First Name
Milkmaster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Just couldn't get used to the Ranger busy ride. Always correcting and feeling like the suspension was bouncing all the time. Good luck to everyone and hope you enjoy your Ranger experiences. I have moved on now. 73's
I don't believe I insulted anyone in my original post. Nor did I insult anyone during my time participating in this forum soliciting solutions and sharing experiences in the past few months. You are welcome to look up all my posts. Until asked, I didn't even post what the replacement truck model I chose. I simply shared my experiences and wished everyone well. Beat me up if you feel it necessary. Everyone here is not out to troll or whatever else it takes to make a negative situation out of member comments.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Unfortunately, best in class towing comes at a price.

Like many, I wish Ford had left the HD suspension as part of the towing package and given the rest of us a more supple solution.
Hmm I feel like this is backwards. I liked the stock suspension UNTIL I started towing. I reluctantly bought aftermarket rear shocks to firm things up because the stock (non-FX4) shocks were too soft and became sloppy when towing. I feel like Ford's suspension choices are geared most towards off-roaders.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Joins Ranger Forum.
Sells truck because of ride.
Misses arguably one of the most talked about topics here that would have fixed it?
It all just happened so fast....

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Joins Ranger Forum.
Sells truck because of ride.
Misses arguably one of the most talked about topics here that would have fixed it?
Joins Ranger Forum
Sells truck because what he really wanted was a bigger truck: bigger truck = better ride
Sierra looked better than Silverado in his opinion (mine too)
Jeemsee store had one he liked, didn't have a Fwanfiddy at the Ford store

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
A Chebbie...A Chebbie...I don't want no stinking Chebbie....My horse is better than a stinking Chebbie .....

Gold_Hat_portrayed_by_Alfonso_Bedoya.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I had a Chebbie...had problems....took to dealer....
This what dealer gave back to me....said best he could do to fix....

19567829761_0b8d70f77e_b.jpg
Sponsored