First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I was wonder how the Ranger rides. Especially if you came form an F-150. We take our trucks on road trips from time to time, and like a nice smooth ride on the highway. P.S. I know it's a truck so it's a relative question. Thanks for you help.
Sponsored

RONVANK

First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XL CREWCAB 4X4
I was wonder how the Ranger rides. Especially if you came form an F-150. We take our trucks on road trips from time to time, and like a nice smooth ride on the highway. P.S. I know it's a truck so it's a relative question. Thanks for you help.
Just picked mine up last night, Ride isn't bad, a little stiff but I came from a SUV to the new Ranger so I would notice it more.

smlford

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 SRW, CC diesel, Ranger, 2.3l gas, Porsche 986S
Just picked mine up last night, Ride isn't bad, a little stiff but I came from a SUV to the new Ranger so I would notice it more.
I would suggest that you check your tire pressure when the tires are cold to be sure they correspond to the door sticker.

I can’t tell you how many vehicles i’ve bought new where the tires were overinflated and the ride was very harsh.

Jon54

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge Ltd
I went from a ‘13 Edge Ltd to a 2x4 lariat. The ride is definitely more truck like but better than I thought. Just as quiet as my Edge. After 10 days, happy

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
This is a really great question. I am very interested in the responses. A week or two away from ordering.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I guess it all depends on who you ask.

My wife: "It rides like the Flintstones car. I hate it"

Me: "Rides fine to me. Firm, but controlled and doesn't have harsh bottom-outs on larger bumps or potholes. Better than previous trucks I've owned"

My wife: "Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's talking about"

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord

Me: "Rides fine to me. Firm, but controlled and doesn't have harsh bottom-outs on larger bumps or potholes. Better than previous trucks I've owned"

This conservation will absolutely be replicated verbatim in my household.

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Rides fine to me, rear is definitely stiffer than the front with no load in it. Given the large payload its said to be capable of hauling thats not a surprise, but I still find it rides good.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase

My fiancé looooves it. Maybe more than me. She was so excited when I shook the guy’s hand at the dealer. She currently drives a 15 edge sport and prefers to drive around in the truck.

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
The FX4 SuperCrew rides a little harsh on pothole type hits but 1) it is brand new 2) has the 18" wheels. As far as normal roads and highways it is very smooth. Speed bumps are fine too, the rear feels a bit bouncy but then again I am used to an 05 Forester, very different vehicle. A family member bought an explorer a while back, ride was a bit firm at first but loosened up after a few months.

OP
OP
wanted33

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

Yep, I'm "Married Man" also. Luckily I have as a DD an '06 Mustang GT that has been lowered. So, my dearest may think the Ranger rides like a Caddy in comparison. Well a man can hope....can't he? :bandit: :crazy: :)

rwjrn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I was very impressed with the ride. It is a truck, but it's just as quiet as my Edge was. I have a 45 mile drive to work so I put a lot of miles on my cars. My F-150 4x2 rides a little nicer over nasty potholes, but I am very comfortable in the Ranger. I also love how quickly it gets up to speed and passes on the highway. All the bells and whistles with the safety features add another layer of driving ease. I constantly use the blind spot indicators and it's great to know when you are backing out between two cars and can't see that you'll hear a beep if someone is coming from the side. Sorry, I started out with impressions on ride quality and turned it into an overall ride review. Needless to say I've been very happy with the minimum two hours a day I spend in the truck.

RodSlinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Dakota
I just looked at the workshop manual and it does look like the 2WD is setup more for street use and should handle better. The 2WD has a little lower front ride height as well as more camber and caster. Both have 0" of toe spec which is great for fuel economy and handling also.

Most vehicles spec some toe in for the front which helps the vehicle track straight but can numb the steering response a bit. Glad Ford went this way. Tires should last longer for those that drive on the highway a lot. Basically zero scrub on the front.

Screenshot_20190223-173429_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20190223-173407_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20190223-173333_Drive.jpg

Pathung

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I was watching an Edmunds midsize truck comparison video, and was surprised to learn that all three reviewers disliked the ride of the XLT FX4, describing it as riding like a pogo stick, and causing nausea?! None of the above comments reflect this, and unfortunately I don't own a Ranger yet, so can't validate one way or the other.

Here's the Edmunds video:
Sponsored