First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Sorry I didn't feel the urge to spend money fixing a handling problem on a new truck after putting only 10K miles on it. I tried to like it but it just wasn't working out. That and my wife hated it. Used prices are up right now so we traded. I tried to find an F150, but choices were slim and none. This is the first GM product I bought since 1986. So far I am pleased. No need for the insults. All of us make choices that are best for our own needs.
IMG_4995.JPG
Those are really nice looking trucks. I notice them a lot. Funny thing is that I find the Silverado to be very unattractive, which is odd since they're quire similar.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
From mid Tennessee eh? Sheet, you could have gone to a local junkyard and gotten shocks off anything that would fit and traded in yours for even money. Six pack of beers and yā€™all got some new friends to boot. Heck, 200 lbs in the bed would have worked too. So in essence you paid now, and will be paying way more later.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
I <3 my bouncy Ranger with standard structs/shocks. I'll be upgrading to some new ones soon. Been very busy with my business/house and the damn dampers still sitting on my desk here.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I didn't feel the urge to spend money fixing a handling problem on a new truck after putting only 10K miles on it. I tried to like it but it just wasn't working out. That and my wife hated it. Used prices are up right now so we traded. I tried to find an F150, but choices were slim and none. This is the first GM product I bought since 1986. So far I am pleased. No need for the insults. All of us make choices that are best for our own needs.
IMG_4995.JPG
Hey, nice-looking truck, man. I actually agree with you about the stock Ranger ride, but, with advice from other members, I invested in a levelling kit that solved that problem--and I loved everything else about the Ranger from the beginning. (BTW, my wife also hated the stock suspension but is now happily on board for this and the next-generation Rangers....) Anyway, as you say, we all make choices that are best for our own needs. Happy trails!

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ā€˜23 Macan,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Hey, nice-looking truck, man. I actually agree with you about the stock Ranger ride, but, with advice from other members, I invested in a levelling kit that solved that problem--and I loved everything else about the Ranger from the beginning. (BTW, my wife also hated the stock suspension but is now happily on board for this and the next-generation Rangers....) Anyway, as you say, we all make choices that are best for our own needs. Happy trails!
What suspension upgrade did you use?

OP
OP
Milkmaster

Milkmaster

First Name
Milkmaster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Those are really nice looking trucks. I notice them a lot. Funny thing is that I find the Silverado to be very unattractive, which is odd since they're quire similar.
I agree with your assessment of the Silverado. However I found the GMC to be a decent looking version of the truck. This one was manufactured in June 2021. Due to the chip shortage, the Active Fuel Management and Dynamic Fuel Management is not on this truck. That's just fine with me and less to go wrong. It is rated one mpg less than the models that have those features. The high used car prices and the $3500 off incentives from GMC made it possible. This one is the SLT w/X31 pkg. So far I am pleased. It gets about 16mpg in town and I got 20.1 on a highway trip a few days ago. Very comfortable interior, but it is harder to park of course than the Ranger. If all goes well it will take me into retirement and hopefully years more.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/chevy-gmc...m-dfm-fuel-saving-tech-silverado-sierra-1500/

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
IMG_4995.JPG
Having run a fleet of Chevy/GMCs for a couple of decades.. I offer my condolences.
BTW, My Ranger SuperCab (2WD) has no such problems, it is a truck, so its not the stone riot that my Mustang offers but it is stable and predictable and you sure couldn't follow me around Blackhawk raceway in that GMC thing.

Nice looking rig and thanks for helping keep the prices down on the Fords! :like: :giggle:

Last edited:

BOB RAD

First Name
BEBO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
someday I might get a chance to drive or ride in a Ranger with the Bistien shock upgrade. As of now I think it rides great and my last car was an Audi.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I'm very pleased with the ride in my '21 w/FX4. Coming from a 2018 Escape SEL 4WD (it's really AWD, but that's what the letters on the hatchback are) this is much better isolated.
I'm watching the forum on the various aftermarket upgrades, and will probably go with a Fox Tuned By Ford kit when the time comes- about when the oem Kumho's wear out. Truck was delivered with 36psi all around, I deflated them to 30psi cold, as the door label specifies, using a dial gauge and that made a slight improvement in harshness.

Is Kumho Korean for "brown sidewall?" Worst tires I've ever had for that.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_4995.JPG
Boomer detected.

Nice chrome package. :lipssealed:

But I don't disagree the factory suspension sucks.

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
I <3 my bouncy Ranger with standard structs/shocks. I'll be upgrading to some new ones soon. Been very busy with my business/house and the damn dampers still sitting on my desk here.
Ok i lied, it wasn't THAT bouncy - i was kinda kidding on my last post. I prefer the Ranger's suspension over the Honda Accord Hybrid Touring I have. Too many loud BANG on honda compared to Ranger's thud thud over the same bumps.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_4995.JPG
Well put! Hope she's good to you! Good luck!
Sponsored