First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger lariat
Occupation
Retired Lineman
But what size wheel and tires would work well with this and not rub or stick out past the fender? It's harder to calculate this than a Tacoma because of the front crash bars.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
But what size wheel and tires would work well with this and not rub or stick out past the fender? It's harder to calculate this than a Tacoma because of the front crash bars.
From Ford Performance:
NOTE: 2019 Ranger Off-road Suspension has been tested and validated to work with Stock 18" wheels with 265/60R18 factory tires and Ford Performance "Ranger Raptor" wheels P/N M-1007-RGR1785OR with BFG K02 265/70R17 tires

The sizes mentioned above are probably the biggest you can go because of the crash bars. There's no way Ford would discuss larger tire sizes that fit only with crash bar modification since that's a recipe for getting sued. That being said, there are many on the forum who discuss their wheel/tire/lift setup with pics for you to dig.

jhndeergrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
From Ford Performance:
NOTE: 2019 Ranger Off-road Suspension has been tested and validated to work with Stock 18" wheels with 265/60R18 factory tires and Ford Performance "Ranger Raptor" wheels P/N M-1007-RGR1785OR with BFG K02 265/70R17 tires

The sizes mentioned above are probably the biggest you can go because of the crash bars. There's no way Ford would discuss larger tire sizes that fit only with crash bar modification since that's a recipe for getting sued. That being said, there are many on the forum who discuss their wheel/tire/lift setup with pics for you to dig.
I’m going to try this setup w/ Falken A/3TW LT275/70r17’s. From similar suspension lift heights posted on here, users haven’t had to trim anything due to rubbing. It’s a ~32.4”x10.8”, 6 ply tire.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to try this setup w/ Falken A/3TW LT275/70r17’s. From similar suspension lift heights posted on here, users haven’t had to trim anything due to rubbing. It’s a ~32.4”x10.8”, 6 ply tire.
I tried pulling the trigger on the Ford/Fox kit at Ford Performance, but the best it could do was adding it to my (already weighty) wish list!!!

petulantskeptic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat
If it fits 265/70R17 it'll also fit 265/65R18 if (like me) you're a fan of the OEM 18" wheels since the outer diameter is the same.

tivct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, Focus RS
I tried pulling the trigger on the Ford/Fox kit at Ford Performance, but the best it could do was adding it to my (already weighty) wish list!!!
Yeah, you can't actually buy Ford Performance parts from Ford online anymore, have you go through the dealer. It's... an interesting decision.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, you can't actually buy Ford Performance parts from Ford online anymore, have you go through the dealer. It's... an interesting decision.
It is even more interesting in that I had already contacted my dealer, who knew exactly nothing about this.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
It is even more interesting in that I had already contacted my dealer, who knew exactly nothing about this.
That said, you're probably better off getting aftermarket ones from someone like Stage 3 since dealers will remain clueless about this for the foreseeable future.

My personal wishlist has the Icon kit with tubular control arms on it at present. It's about 1000 more than Fords kit, but I feel like it will get better support, and be better overall.

I'm only looking to reduce harshness, and improve travel, so I'll be setting them on 0-1" of lift.

jjaneba

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Is this already on the FX4 Lariats? I thought I remembered reading something about a 2" leveling kit on my sticker, but I viewed a lot of truck stickers the week I bought my truck.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Is this already on the FX4 Lariats? I thought I remembered reading something about a 2" leveling kit on my sticker, but I viewed a lot of truck stickers the week I bought my truck.
No it is not. The FX4 Lariat comes with Ford's FX shocks or whatever they're called, and they're really not that great unfortunately.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Gentlemen: I received the following emailed reply when I filled out the "parts" order on the website of my local Ford dealer, where I bought my Ranger: "The estimate to install a 2 inch Lift Kit from Ford Performance is $2,319.00. This price includes parts and labor." I am going to pull the trigger on this. Sure, we could get it done cheaper elsewhere, but I do not want to risk my warranties, and I trust my local dealer to do it right the first time, or, failing that, make it right the next time, as they have always done for me in the past....

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Gentlemen: I received the following emailed reply when I filled out the "parts" order on the website of my local Ford dealer, where I bought my Ranger: "The estimate to install a 2 inch Lift Kit from Ford Performance is $2,319.00. This price includes parts and labor." I am going to pull the trigger on this. Sure, we could get it done cheaper elsewhere, but I do not want to risk my warranties, and I trust my local dealer to do it right the first time, or, failing that, make it right the next time, as they have always done for me in the past....
I am interested to hear if this dampens some of the road bounce. Especially in the rear.

Keep us informed!

Take before and after photos!

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I am interested to hear if this dampens some of the road bounce. Especially in the rear.

Keep us informed!

Take before and after photos!
Ditto!

RngrRegmnt586

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
So it seems likely that 2" is what ford feels safe with without a UCA replacement.
Sponsored