Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
From Ford Performance:
NOTE: 2019 Ranger Off-road Suspension has been tested and validated to work with Stock 18" wheels with 265/60R18 factory tires and Ford Performance "Ranger Raptor" wheels P/N M-1007-RGR1785OR with BFG K02 265/70R17 tires
Will this kit work with the standard 17' wheels too then? Only mentions the 18's and 17' ranger raptor wheels which have a more aggressive stance
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I am interested to hear if this dampens some of the road bounce. Especially in the rear.

Keep us informed!

Take before and after photos!
Sure thing!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So it seems likely that 2" is what ford feels safe with without a UCA replacement.
That is my thinking as well. The "level one" fox level kit takes you up three inches, but Ford has moved it down to two so as not to complicate the geometry too much....

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
Will this kit work with the standard 17' wheels too then? Only mentions the 18's and 17' ranger raptor wheels which have a more aggressive stance
If I understand this write, the tire sizes they are referring to, are the biggest you can use after installing the Fox kit that won't interfere with anything. These are tires they have tested. Original 17 or 18 rim shouldn't matter with kit install, if I have my information right.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
If I understand this write, the tire sizes they are referring to, are the biggest you can use after installing the Fox kit that won't interfere with anything. These are tires they have tested. Original 17 or 18 rim shouldn't matter with kit install, if I have my information right.
That is the way I understand it.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, the standard 17's, the sport 17's, and raptor 17's are all compatible. The wheels are different in look only and have identical specs (lugs, bore, offset, width).

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yes, the standard 17's, the sport 17's, and raptor 17's are all compatible. The wheels are different in look only and have identical specs (lugs, bore, offset, width).
Sweet. Will probably be going with this once its available. With some 265/70/17's

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Are you thinking the load E or the passenger tire?
I'll probably go with bfg ko2 LT in the lightest load range. Not gonna go any bigger cause I dont want to have to trim the crash bars or get different rims

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Icon has a rear spring pack coming out in like a month.
Where did you read that? I'd be interested. I was thinking about the Icon 0-3.5" Stage 2 kit, but it only adds a longer rear shock. To adjust rear ride height a spacer is needed. I currently run the same kit (diferent part numbers of course) on my Toyota 4Runner, which I overland. The Icons are well worth the cost IMO. Keep us updated about the spring pack. My Ranger is due in by mid-October, and I'm getting antsy LOL

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
The wheel size won't matter. 17" and 18" both clear the calipers. What DOES matter when choosing new wheels is the backspacing. That has to be correct in order for the wheels to clear suspension parts. Some people use wheel spacers to add clearance, but in my opinion the proper wheel with the proper backspace is much more desirable.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
The trucking press has started to run articles on the Ford/Fox kit, but mostly they just restate or summarize the advertising blurbs that Ford had put out previously, without adding any independent observations or test drives (admittedly hard to do, as the kits are not available yet). For example, see https://gearjunkie.com/ford-factory-lift-kit-ranger-f-150-truck, etc.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
Where did you read that? I'd be interested. I was thinking about the Icon 0-3.5" Stage 2 kit, but it only adds a longer rear shock. To adjust rear ride height a spacer is needed. I currently run the same kit (diferent part numbers of course) on my Toyota 4Runner, which I overland. The Icons are well worth the cost IMO. Keep us updated about the spring pack. My Ranger is due in by mid-October, and I'm getting antsy LOL
I'm working with them on my build. I've got their Stage 2 on right now, and yeah, it needs an extra inch in the rear. I'll add a spacer when the springs go on. Loving the suspension so far despite that, the ride and handling is vastly improved on road, and I'm tackling off-road trails that before were rough at 15-20 MPH with more smoothness at 40-50MPH.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
In talking with two local, that is, local to me, in Delaware and PA, Ford dealers, the parts people seemed generally clueless about the Ford Performance Leveling Kit, but upon checking further, one discovered that the client needs to pay for the parts in advance, order them for delivery to the dealer of choice, and then pay for the labor, that is, installation of the kit and alignment of wheels, when the work is done. The kit will be available from the 18th of October. I have also been asking if it will be necessary to readjust the headlights, fog lights, and front scanners to compensate for the two inches of leveling, but no one seems to know at this point. What do you guys think? The wheels obviously will need to be aligned after installation, but what about the lights and scanners? Or would two inches not make a significant difference in terms of angles?
Sponsored