Ranger Gets Ford Performance Parts Leveling Kits with Coil-overs & Fox Shocks

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm working with them on my build. I've got their Stage 2 on right now, and yeah, it needs an extra inch in the rear. I'll add a spacer when the springs go on. Loving the suspension so far despite that, the ride and handling is vastly improved on road, and I'm tackling off-road trails that before were rough at 15-20 MPH with more smoothness at 40-50MPH.
Keep us updated. I'm very interested. My new Ranger should be here in less than two weeks...
Sponsored

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
In talking with two local, that is, local to me, in Delaware and PA, Ford dealers, the parts people seemed generally clueless about the Ford Performance Leveling Kit, but upon checking further, one discovered that the client needs to pay for the parts in advance, order them for delivery to the dealer of choice, and then pay for the labor, that is, installation of the kit and alignment of wheels, when the work is done. The kit will be available from the 18th of October. I have also been asking if it will be necessary to readjust the headlights, fog lights, and front scanners to compensate for the two inches of leveling, but no one seems to know at this point. What do you guys think? The wheels obviously will need to be aligned after installation, but what about the lights and scanners? Or would two inches not make a significant difference in terms of angles?
Anytime one alters the stance of a vehicle, headlights go out of adjustment. It depends on the new orientation of the vehicle. Subtle changes won't make a big difference. As for the scanners, I'd like to know that also because I will be lifting my new truck when it gets here. I would think some minor adjustment will be necessary

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
In talking with two local, that is, local to me, in Delaware and PA, Ford dealers, the parts people seemed generally clueless about the Ford Performance Leveling Kit, but upon checking further, one discovered that the client needs to pay for the parts in advance, order them for delivery to the dealer of choice, and then pay for the labor, that is, installation of the kit and alignment of wheels, when the work is done. The kit will be available from the 18th of October. I have also been asking if it will be necessary to readjust the headlights, fog lights, and front scanners to compensate for the two inches of leveling, but no one seems to know at this point. What do you guys think? The wheels obviously will need to be aligned after installation, but what about the lights and scanners? Or would two inches not make a significant difference in terms of angles?
Yes, you’ll need to adjust the headlamps. I already have the BDS 2” leveling kit on my truck, and the headlamps were WAY off. But it’s a remarkably fast and simple fix. There is an adjustment screw above each headlamp, you don’t have to remove anything to access them, just pop the hood. I believe it is a torx bit screw. Easiest way to adjust them is to go out at night on a long/flat (and vacant) road where you can adjust the headlamps down until the tops of the light beam are touching the road then go just a tad lower; any higher puts the beams in the eyes of opposing traffic and this will allow for a little suspension bounce without flashing the beams at others. I won’t be can’t remember if OEM fog lights are adjustable for sure, I think so. I replaced my fog lamps with the Baja Designs Squadron Sports with wide amber lenses, a pain to install but they’re pretty great.

Last edited:

LFTD_RANGER

First Name
Anonymous
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm planning to add this Fox 2.0 kit to my new Ranger on order. Arriving in 2 weeks i was told. Since I'll be leasing the vehicle the only tangible benefit of ordering through Ford dealer is to be able to get warranty. The way i look at it, if i can add the suspension i like to my truck, get the cost residualized and roll it into the monthly lease payment. Than yes. 100% makes perfect sense. But if you need to pay for the parts over retail (no Black Friday sales) , pay for the overpriced installation and lose an 1"+ of the lift in the process, since Ford is only comfortable dialing it up to 2" lift. I am not OK with that. Warranty? Could be important to some, but how many people had issues with their premium Fox suspension?
So basically i got my sales manager involved (and he got the parts manager involved) to get the parts in and find a way to residualize the whole thing (parts, labor) and roll it into my monthly payments and of course warrantied. Fingers crossed its achievable.
If that is not doable, Eibach 3" kit it is. Its a lease after all.

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you’ll need to adjust the headlamps. I already have the BDS 2” leveling kit on my truck, and the headlamps were WAY off. But it’s a remarkably fast and simple fix. There is an adjustment screw above each headlamp, you don’t have to remove anything to access them, just pop the hood. I believe it is a torx bit screw. Easiest way to adjust them is to go out at night on a long/flat (and vacant) road where you can adjust the headlamps down until the tops of the light beam are touching the road then go just a tad lower; any higher puts the beams in the eyes of opposing traffic and this will allow for a little suspension bounce without flashing the beams at others. I won’t be can’t remember if OEM fog lights are adjustable for sure, I think so. I replaced my fog lamps with the Baja Designs Squadron Sports with wide amber lenses, a pain to install but they’re pretty great.
the OEM fog lamps are adjustable. Here’s a pic:

98DA79DB-87CF-4F74-A19F-0DDD747D536E.jpeg

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
I put the 3.5" BDS kit on my truck and the headlights definitely needed adjustment. Fogs I thought were fine and the sensors seem to be working correctly.

RobertU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2001 Ford Ranger XLT
Gentlemen: I received the following emailed reply when I filled out the "parts" order on the website of my local Ford dealer, where I bought my Ranger: "The estimate to install a 2 inch Lift Kit from Ford Performance is $2,319.00. This price includes parts and labor." I am going to pull the trigger on this. Sure, we could get it done cheaper elsewhere, but I do not want to risk my warranties, and I trust my local dealer to do it right the first time, or, failing that, make it right the next time, as they have always done for me in the past....
The dealership in NJ where I purchased the Ranger quoted me with 9 hours of labor to do the install @ $135.00 an hour.
4 hours for the front 5 for the rear.
Parts $1495
Lab. $1215
Total $2710 plus tax ?

dguffin

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Corsair, 19 Ranger, 12 Boss, 08 Zuma
Occupation
Shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
The dealership in NJ where I purchased the Ranger quoted me with 9 hours of labor to do the install @ $135.00 an hour.
Parts $1495
Lab. $1215
Total $2710 plus tax ?
Am I missing something, or why does it take 5 hours to put 2 shocks on the back?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Parts $1495
Lab. $1215
Total $2710 plus tax ?
Hi Robert,

Pretty clear to me that they do not want to do the work...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Hi Robert,

Pretty clear to me that they do not want to do the work...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Never thought if it that way, you’re probably right!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I put the 3.5" BDS kit on my truck and the headlights definitely needed adjustment. Fogs I thought were fine and the sensors seem to be working correctly.
Thanks, that's good to know and definitely makes things simpler!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Am I missing something, or why does it take 5 hours to put 2 shocks on the back?
That is way too high, and well above the estimates I got from two different local (that is, DE and PA) dealers. It may be, as Phil says, that they do not want the work, but I would rather think that they just have no idea what it entails, having never done it before--the kit is a new thing, not even released yet, as we write!

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning to add this Fox 2.0 kit to my new Ranger on order. Arriving in 2 weeks i was told. Since I'll be leasing the vehicle the only tangible benefit of ordering through Ford dealer is to be able to get warranty. The way i look at it, if i can add the suspension i like to my truck, get the cost residualized and roll it into the monthly lease payment. Than yes. 100% makes perfect sense. But if you need to pay for the parts over retail (no Black Friday sales) , pay for the overpriced installation and lose an 1"+ of the lift in the process, since Ford is only comfortable dialing it up to 2" lift. I am not OK with that. Warranty? Could be important to some, but how many people had issues with their premium Fox suspension?
So basically i got my sales manager involved (and he got the parts manager involved) to get the parts in and find a way to residualize the whole thing (parts, labor) and roll it into my monthly payments and of course warrantied. Fingers crossed its achievable.
If that is not doable, Eibach 3" kit it is. Its a lease after all.
Let us know. I am betting that the dealer will get it done for you, as it is in Ford's and your local dealer's interest to keep the suspension upgrades in-house....

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Parts $1495
Lab. $1215
Total $2710 plus tax ?
5 hours?! It’s a maximum 0.5 hour job for the rears. Someone at Ford screwed up.
Sponsored