Ranger Suspension, Lift Kits, Leveling Kits

paquete305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Did you have to install extended sway bar links?
Did not have to install anything aside from the Fox 2.0 kit. I did not do the install myself, I had a local shop do it for me. 2.0 kit plus alignment plus new tires is all that was done. No rubbing at all with 255/75/17 on a stock XLT 17" rim.
Sponsored

Whiplash

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2004 Mazda RX8
Occupation
Route driver
Good sensible, choice ....I also run 255
wide tire, on the ford 8Ă—18 wheel with the 55mm offset...255/70 R18.....

As for the longer sway bar end links...
I'm running an ext travel setup...After market every thing for max travel, 3"
lift....and still have stock sway bar end
links...I can't see why a shop would tell you needed them...

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
Good sensible, choice ....I also run 255
wide tire, on the ford 8Ă—18 wheel with the 55mm offset...255/70 R18.....

As for the longer sway bar end links...
I'm running an ext travel setup...After market every thing for max travel, 3"
lift....and still have stock sway bar end
links...I can't see why a shop would tell you needed them...
Yeah I don't understand it at this point either...still an active investigation.

Whiplash

First Name
Kern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4 / 2004 Mazda RX8
Occupation
Route driver
Yeah I don't understand it at this point either...still an active investigation.
I was watching cable TV show " The Lifted Life" this morning . They were at the 2017 SEMA show...at the Ready Lift booth they showed the parts for their new spacer kit for the Ford F250 and F350 trucks , there was Sway Bar end links included in the kit....might be just a F250 / 350 thing.... I have never seen the end links included in a Ranger kit..

Mystery solved ..??

Last edited:

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
I was watching cable TV show " The Lifted Life" this morning . They were at the 2017 SEMA show...at the Ready Lift booth they showed the parts for their new spacer kit for the Ford F250 and F350 trucks , there was Sway Bar end links included in the kit....might be just a F250 / 350 thing.... I have never seen the end links included in a Ranger kit..

Mystery solved ..??
Yeah, I haven't seen any mention of extended sway bar links for the Ford/Fox 2.0 Kit until my local dealer told me 8 months after they installed the kit. I brought the truck in after the drivers side lower mount of the sway bar link popped off. I was told that I needed to put on extended links ; that they are unable to find through their channels. I was left hanging literally with the sway bar link dangling from the top mount. I suspect incompetence on their part.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
It's just another thing they can sell you. It's kind of like diff drop kits. Most people will never need this, but they figure enough people are questioning and it's such a big mark up, they offer it for many trucks.

GatorRanger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft Interior installer/Finisher
If I put a leveling kit on the front do I have to get an alignment for all 4 wheels

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If I put a leveling kit on the front do I have to get an alignment for all 4 wheels
Yes. I did when I originally did my front 2.5" level kit and all 4 were aligned.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer is telling me that I need extended sway bar end links with any lift. As it is right now, the OEM link on the drivers side had broken at the bushing. I'm trying to understand the discrepancy between the dealer and what I have read on this forum.
I would ask the dealer to explain exactly why any lift would require extended sway bar end links, and then to elaborate on how they will determine how long the new end links need to be.

sounds like this service advisor wants to sell you some parts tbh

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I haven't seen any mention of extended sway bar links for the Ford/Fox 2.0 Kit until my local dealer told me 8 months after they installed the kit. I brought the truck in after the drivers side lower mount of the sway bar link popped off. I was told that I needed to put on extended links ; that they are unable to find through their channels. I was left hanging literally with the sway bar link dangling from the top mount. I suspect incompetence on their part.
You’re right to suspect that…

I’ll go out on a limb and suggest your dealer didn’t disconnect the anti-sway bar link from the knuckle when they swapped in your Fox 2.0s and when they reefed on the knuckle to remove the coilover or to connect the upper ball joint during re-assembly, they popped the ball joint in the anti-sway bar link, banged it back together and made sure they didn’t do the same thing when they did the other side.

This could have made it easy for it to pop back out. Kind of like dislocating a shoulder - pops out easily from then on.

For $80 CAD or so, you can buy a new one and install it in your driveway.

Part #: JB3C-3052-AA

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab

I’ll go out on a limb and suggest your dealer didn’t disconnect the anti-sway bar link from the knuckle when they swapped in your Fox 2.0s and when they reefed on the knuckle to remove the coilover or to connect the upper ball joint during re-assembly, they popped the ball joint in the anti-sway bar link, banged it back together and made sure they didn’t do the same thing when they did the other side.

This could have made it easy for it to pop back out. Kind of like dislocating a shoulder - pops out easily from then on.

Duke! I hadn't considered doing myself until you suggested it. I suppose eh? Seems simple enough. Thanks! Yeah the lack of responsibility on the dealerships end is disappointing.
Cheers!

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
I would ask the dealer to explain exactly why any lift would require extended sway bar end links, and then to elaborate on how they will determine how long the new end links need to be.

sounds like this service advisor wants to sell you some parts tbh
Yeah, they couldn't find any of these mysterious links at all, regardless or whether there was stock. I may just install it myself as Duke has suggested.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

Seems to be a very likely explanation.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Yeah, they couldn't find any of these mysterious links at all, regardless or whether there was stock. I may just install it myself as Duke has suggested.
FYI. For the top of the link where it attaches to the knuckle, you will need an 18mm offset wrench. Other than that, very easy to do.