RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some adhesion promoter and was getting ready to cut mine down when I realized I might not have the appropriate blade for my table saw. What blade did you use. I don't want to tear things up or possibly melt the plastic when I rip the sides.
I just used a standard 80 tooth blade.
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some adhesion promoter and was getting ready to cut mine down when I realized I might not have the appropriate blade for my table saw. What blade did you use. I don't want to tear things up or possibly melt the plastic when I rip the sides.
I used a carbide tip blade with a high tooth count (10" blade, 60 teeth, I think). I kept the blade up higher than normal to keep the chips from hitting me. No issues with melting or heat.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
I appreciate you guys adding the door sills and think they look pretty good. I felt the need for more painted edge protection when I step on the running boards and applied some 3M paint protection film. It is hard to see, but a little dirt helps.

image.jpg

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
I appreciate you guys adding the door sills and think they look pretty good. I felt the need for more painted edge protection when I step on the running boards and applied some 3M paint protection film. It is hard to see, but a little dirt helps.

image.jpg
I just ordered som 3m PPF for my sills

Panhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt
I went with the 2008 door sills, but I liked the chamfered edge. So I removed about 1/4 inch from the top. Or inside edge and left the outer or lower edge factory. 3 1/2 inches off each end for symmetry .
Table saw and miter saw were allready set up with fine tooth blades from a flooring project. So minimal flash. I cleaned it all up with a razor knife and a palm sander.

20191008_110651.jpg

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the OEM black platinum door sill which I believe are made by Putco. They look very nice but scratch very easily.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I went with the 3M PPF too. First time using it and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I bought 6” wide and trimmed to 5”, but I wish I left it wider to go all the way around to the gravel guarded area.

25C5CAD1-B556-469F-A867-29C663D30D15.jpeg

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I went with the 3M PPF too. First time using it and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I bought 6” wide and trimmed to 5”, but I wish I left it wider to go all the way around to the gravel guarded area.
How long of a roll did you get?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
what I actually used [2] rolls when the sills I ordered never arrived...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EP52I8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The solid sill guards I received from overseas did NOT match their amazon listing I'm still trying to get a refund [3rd party seller] from three months ago. If anyone wants them email me direct, I can send a pix.

Last edited:

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Looks good and Xpel is good quality but is 2.75” wide enough? I’d rather get a 6” width and cut it down a bit to cover the entire area.

Have any pictures?
See pix, It's wide enough to wrap the first lip by about 1/4". I did all four door thresholds with [2] rolls. I cleaned with alcohol, warmed with hair dryer and used a plastic spreader to work it down. I only had one with a slight bubble, took care of that with a couple pin holes and worked them out. I suppose if you could find wider material and wanted to run even further down the side thats an option. I just did not feel the need to over think/spend on it.

BTW I did see larger/wider rolls on Amazon BUT they get pricey pretty quick..

20191012_131745.jpg

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here is what mine came out looking like. I'm pretty happy with how they look - almost factory I think. For $30 or so and a few minutes of cutting, I think they turned out well. I think they will be more durable than the stick on kind and they are cheaper than the metal ones.

20190623_151950.jpg

Thank you for posting this! I'm not sure if I will do the rears as well (don't have too many people get in the back seat), but I'm really glad the front sills are now protected.

Just ordered the scuff plates. I have the $80 plates installed but they scratch to easily and I don't want to deal with not scratching them when I enter the truck sooooo...Getting real scuff plates.
Sponsored