Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am betting that's what the Amazon ones are made of.
Where did you get the material?
Got it off Amazon Don't have a link. 4in by 15ft roll I believe. Don't have the box handy.
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Did these today. From somewhere deep in the Amazon. Worst part was, since it's cold but not too cold today I thought a little extra warm air on the metal would help adhesion and wouldn't ya know I blew up my wife's hair dryer doing the last one, now I gotta get her a new one.

$20 mod, my ass lol
IMG_20211221_115746.jpg
IMG_20211221_115823.jpg

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
I had the local vinyl graphics place make me some sill protectors for the front door jambs. I had him make them with an oval with xlt inside of it. They look pretty good and protect from scratches. If my son stops by i will have him show me how to post pics. I really like those Bushwacker ones, and considered getting them for my truck. But when i had the Krown rustproofing done, the access holes they drilled would have been covered over by the protectors, so they would have had to drill new holes or something so i decided to go a different route.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Double sided 3M tape. That stuff will take the paint off if you don’t heat it first!

mre

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Pics of my Bushwacker Trail Armor I installed on my SCab July 2020. We track in rocks, gravel, and mud while off-roading and hiking. Not even a scratch on these. Material is thick and very durable. Together with our Husky X-act Contour floor liners we don't even hesitate jumping in and out because everything is protected. Rockers are protected down to the bottom of the pinch weld. I installed the front sections reversed (opposite sides) to close the gap between the front and rear. Two of the best mods I've added. Much easier than reminding my wife to be careful when she jumps in and out !

Purchased from Amazon HERE.

Image 1178.png

Image 1182.png

Image 1180.png

Image 1196.png

Image 1197.png

Image 1179.png

Driver side pinch weld coverage . . .

Image 1599.png

Image 1598.png

Last pic is looking up at the pinch weld.

Image 1606.png

How is this product fastened to the door sills and rocker panels?

Adventure Ranger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariate Crew Cab FX4 Sport
Occupation
Heavy Equipment / Truck shop Foreman
Vehicle Showcase
I had my truck protected with 3-M Clear Wrap when I got it. All 4 door sills have the heavy duty 3-M Clear wrap on them, it covers them completely from pillar to pillar. I found it provided the best coverage as everything else left a gap on the ends. No picture to share as its clear :LOL:

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
My truck came with the ford chrome ones, I hate them, will be getting some of the amazon black ones.

Last week it was the blind spot mirrors, now this.......

1645039446018.png
Don't worry it gets worse! This site will take every ounce of coin it can find in your pocket. Good people here, but in order to save the $$$'s, you would have to close your account (NOT recommended)

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
For those of you who have the Bushwhacker type. Does the tape “seal” all the perimeter? Or can crap ( re: road salt/spray) get in behind them?

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
I like the rough 3M anti slip tape...just remember to check that its waterproof adhesive/material. Some of these Amazon knock offs are really cheap and won't last long, especially after getting wet. A shop I worked at before used to apply a "LineX" knock off type paint. We would tape off the area, expose area to be painted and either rolled it on with a roller or sprayed it on. Either application didn't matter as the paint would level off (no brush marks). Took edging tape off and let sit til dry. I'm sure those that are planning a spray-in bed liner could get the shop to spray the door sills as well. I've seen that done too. Just throwing out some of my random thoughts on the idea :fingerscrossed:

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
For those of you who have the Bushwhacker type. Does the tape “seal” all the perimeter? Or can crap ( re: road salt/spray) get in behind them?
I do not have this sill protector (nor do I have a Ranger...yet), but I do have experience with detailing these types of protectors.

Usually they are held in with double sided tape. Depends how far the tape was installed on the edge will determine how much crud will get caught between the protector piece and the actual truck body. Water and little rocks or grains of sand WILL get caught in between!! Step on one that's been on for a while...you will hear the crunch of all the crud between the plastic and the sill :oops:

Unless you literally glue the entire piece down, stuff will get behind there. For most people there fine with it as its easier to clean and dress up the plastic piece vs cleaning an exposed sill with scuff marks. I would rather clean up those everyday marks and keep a nice coat of wax/sealant on there. My second choice would be to have that area taped off and apply a "lineX" type paint which would be tough to remove vs a "sticker" or double sided plate/plastic protector. Those tend to not last as long and trap dirt and water on the edges. Again, MY preference :wink: But I don't plan on using my vehicles for any real rough stuff too. I have also seen people get the entire lower rocker painted with the lineX type product because they do a lot of off road driving and it protects the underside a bit. Might even cost less than the Bushwhacker/FORD ones too?? Just something to think about.

**And no, i'm NOT affiliated with any lineX or other such shop. But I do play a doctor on TV :crackup:
Sponsored

Last edited: