Door sill protection

redone17

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond, 2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was not a fan of the the factory sill protectors that come with the black appearance package. They don’t protect the most important part which is the edge that your foot tends to roll over upon exit. Plus, they’re made out of metal. Metal to protect metal? Makes no sense. They get scratched up just the same

Those things are attached with some ballistic adhesive. Very much overkill. They’re easy enough to get off with a bit of heat, but they leave a thick layer of foam adhesive behind.

IMG_4882.jpeg

IMG_4857.jpeg

I found this incredible product that I can’t believe I didn’t know existed. All things considered, it made the job a breeze with a liberal a point of GooGone and time to let it soak in.

IMG_4887.jpeg

Link: Plastic Scrapers

After a deep dive into other options on various websites and returning a couple of options that I wasn’t pleased with I got to talking to Chris over at Sticker Fab. I have several of his products on my Bronco and his quality is always top notch.

We’re in the process of color matching visor warning label covers and I was going back and forth on whether to buy a Bronco 4 door kit or use the 2 dr up from and the fronts from the 4 door on the Ranger - when he informed me that he actually created a kit for the Ranger. I didn’t even think to ask.

Now, I’m not generally a fan of fake carbon fiber - but, in this application I’m cool with it. It has microscopic ingress holes so applying them without bubbles is a breezeThe material used is superior to the flat colors and I’ve had them on my Bronco for 2 years and they still look brand new. But, that being said - he offers a bunch of options. I think the carbon looks great on Magnetic.

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_4886.jpeg

SuperCrew Sill Protectors
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
You have any installed pics? I would like to see the coverage on the sill this provides on a Scab :like: .
Pics of my Bushwacker Trail Armor I installed on my SCab July 2020. We track in rocks, gravel, and mud while off-roading and hiking. Not even a scratch on these. Material is thick and very durable. Together with our Husky X-act Contour floor liners we don't even hesitate jumping in and out because everything is protected. Rockers are protected down to the bottom of the pinch weld. I installed the front sections reversed (opposite sides) to close the gap between the front and rear. Two of the best mods I've added. Much easier than reminding my wife to be careful when she jumps in and out !

Purchased from Amazon HERE.

Image 1178.png

Image 1182.png

Image 1180.png

Image 1196.png

Image 1197.png

Image 1179.png

Driver side pinch weld coverage . . .

Image 1599.png

Image 1598.png

Last pic is looking up at the pinch weld.

Image 1606.png

Last edited:

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Pics of my Bushwacker Trail Armor I installed on my SCab July 2020. We track in rocks, gravel, and mud while off-roading and hiking. Not even a scratch on these. Material is thick and very durable. Together with our Husky X-act Contour floor liners we don't even hesitate jumping in and out because everything is protected. Rockers are protected down to the bottom of the pinch weld. I installed the front sections reversed (opposite sides) to close the gap between the front and rear. Two of the best mods I've added. Much easier than reminding my wife to be careful when she jumps in and out !

Purchased from Amazon HERE.

Image 1178.png

Image 1182.png

Image 1180.png

Image 1196.png

Image 1197.png

Image 1179.png

Driver side pinch weld coverage . . .

Image 1599.png

Image 1598.png

Last pic is looking up at the pinch weld.

Image 1606.png
First 6 pics not showing up, it's the reason I asked lol. I assume they show up for you?

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I see lol

Untitled.jpg