Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Nice.

CT801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I was waiting to see how the black ones look, and I like them. I’ll be getting a set.

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen these on a white F150 and they don't look too bad. The channel bend on the F150 wasn't perfect so they didn't lay completely flat but the gold lettering didn't clash.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Lowest price I found for the Black Platinum Stainless for Super Crew is $89.25. What are you seeing?

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My truck is going to dealer service tomorrow for a couple on minor warranty issues. I called and ordered the sills but I want them for tomorrow or I'll order on line for the same cost with shipping or sales tax with them. I'll find out tomorrow.

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My truck is going to dealer service tomorrow for a couple on minor warranty issues. I called and ordered the sills but I want them for tomorrow or I'll order on line for the same cost with shipping or sales tax with them. I'll find out tomorrow.
Cool, I think I'm going to call around and see if any dealers have them in stock in my area and I'll pick them up.

OP
OP
joeb427

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just put them in.

d0i6oNf.jpg

PJVet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
My solution to missing door sill scuff plates.

I found this forum before I ordered my 2019 Ranger.

Thanks to this forum I spent a lot of money before delivery on items posted in this forum.

But after delivery I also noticed that there were not any door sill scuff plates. I did not like the stainless steel factory jobs nor the aftermarket ones that go below the door sills.

Since I sold my 2008 Ranger for this 2019, I remembered that it had really cool sill scuff plates.

Looking up the part numbers on Ford Dealer parts pages the part numbers never matched the parts pictures displayed.

I found the scuff plates here. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-scuff-plate-f37z1013260a

Part Number F37Z-1013260-A. They fit either right or left.

The material is pretty close to the Weather Tech mat material. Some type of vinyl rubber/plastic.

My 2008 Ranger was a 4 door extra cab so the scuff plate was close to 4 feet long which is too long for the super crew 2019. So I ordered the scuff plate for the 2008 Ranger 2-Door. The scuff plate was about 33 inches long.

I used a table saw to trim the width, about 1/8" on each side, and cut off each end to make the length about 21 inches. I used a belt grinder to remove the 6 tabs off the back that were obviously for securing it to the door sill on the 2008 Ranger.

From the parts diagram on Tasca Parts you can see a facsimile of the tabs.

Once done, I mounted the scuff plates with double sided tape. The foam style, not the thin stuff. Hopefully this will hold up for several years. If not, renewing the tape will be easy.

The picture shown here is the front drivers side. I'll get two more of them for the back doors. The rear doors are smaller so I'll need to trim even more off the plates.

Sill 1.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
What an ingenious solution! I had those same sill plates on my 2005 Ranger. I always liked them.

How did the cut edges come out? I'd be kind of worried they would be rough. Do they clean up well? Maybe sanding them or something? Your install sure looks factory.

This seems like a pretty inexpensive solution and seems better than the stick on ones. I may invest in two to try it for myself. If they work out well in the front I will buy two for the back.

PJVet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Yes, after the shaving and cutting with the table saw, the edges were pretty rough.

A friend had a type of paint scraper, with a sharp blade I use to scrap the flashing off them. The blade was curved so you pulled it to scrape the plastic. i.e. with your fingers straight out, then curve them towards your palm type of hook. I have no idea where he got the blade. Then I used sandpaper wrapped around a 1x2 piece of wood to smooth the edges and round the ends. Just enough to smooth things out.

The belt sander that I used was one of those 10,000 rpm types at a friend's shop. I had to be real careful or it would go right thru the scuff plate and your fingers. I imagine you could also use a grinder with a wire wheel.

Rubbing alcohol on a rag to clean them up and put on the adhesive tape.

I did do a dry run and used the blue painters tape to outline the scuff plate to keep things straight and in place.

Hope this helps.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager