My only complaint

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Why didn't Ford program the A/C recirculation door to always close when key is in the off position!!!

The door I'm talking about is the door above the cabin filter behind the glove box that leads to the other side of the firewall. Any bugs, mice, hell a fat squirrel could fit through there as the default position when you turn off the key is half open/closed.

Took the truck to the dealer here in Idaho to have the tires rotated, oil change, general inspection, and a heat shield replaced that was poorly attached to the vehicle with not enough adhesive. They noticed a nest in the filter box. I had just detailed the truck yesterday inside and out and today were mouse droppings on the passenger mat, and a good chuck of felt from under the seat was missing. No clue at this point where the bugger is but have traps in the truck tonight and tomorrow will have to install a fine mesh screen over the two access holes on the firewall. Won't stop any small bugs but should stop any mice. Little bastard did take a chunk out of the felt covering the battery. I'll need to get some dryer sheets and install around the felt there. Now I gotta take things apart and vacuum out the duct work, since no telling what and where any nesting is.

If you hear a story of a Ford Ranger that blew up in Northern Idaho you know who it was....

caddyshack.jpg

Side note...man they want alot of coin for used Rangers up here. They had four or five on the lot. The cheapest was a 2019 Lariat Sport for 47k with 14k miles on it. Funny part was every super duty on the lot looked like they stripped off the rims and tires and put on spares. So odd to see these massive trucks with baby tires on. Not sure if its a theft protection thing or what. They did have a Lighting on the lot that they most certainly don't intend on selling at 135k for the base model unless they find a sucker.
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Why didn't Ford program the A/C recirculation door to always close when key is in the off position!!!

The door I'm talking about is the door above the cabin filter behind the glove box that leads to the other side of the firewall. Any bugs, mice, hell a fat squirrel could fit through there as the default position when you turn off the key is half open/closed.

Took the truck to the dealer here in Idaho to have the tires rotated, oil change, general inspection, and a heat shield replaced that was poorly attached to the vehicle with not enough adhesive. They noticed a nest in the filter box. I had just detailed the truck yesterday inside and out and today were mouse droppings on the passenger mat, and a good chuck of felt from under the seat was missing. No clue at this point where the bugger is but have traps in the truck tonight and tomorrow will have to install a fine mesh screen over the two access holes on the firewall. Won't stop any small bugs but should stop any mice. Little bastard did take a chunk out of the felt covering the battery. I'll need to get some dryer sheets and install around the felt there. Now I gotta take things apart and vacuum out the duct work, since no telling what and where any nesting is.

If you hear a story of a Ford Ranger that blew up in Northern Idaho you know who it was....

caddyshack.jpg

Side note...man they want alot of coin for used Rangers up here. They had four or five on the lot. The cheapest was a 2019 Lariat Sport for 47k with 14k miles on it. Funny part was every super duty on the lot looked like they stripped off the rims and tires and put on spares. So odd to see these massive trucks with baby tires on. Not sure if its a theft protection thing or what. They did have a Lighting on the lot that they most certainly don't intend on selling at 135k for the base model unless they find a sucker.
Great movie!

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Just today me and my buddy at work were talking cabin filters , he has a 2019 and said he had a damn mouse in his ductwork, i have not seen the holes your talking about yet but i guess i need to find them...

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Just today me and my buddy at work were talking cabin filters , he has a 2019 and said he had a damn mouse in his ductwork, i have not seen the holes your talking about yet but i guess i need to find them...

If you lift the hood the plastic shroud across the top of the firewall against the window you will see two oval holes that lead to the interior of the vehicle. These two holes are approximately 3" wide by 2" tall. If you lift the corner by the passenger side, remove a clip or two, shine a flashlight in there and look up through the interior you will see the two holes that get closed off when you hit the recirculation button on the AC. Poor design in my humble opinion. When I get back to Phoenix I'll design and print some snap in grates with. For now I'll figure out some way to attach fine mesh.

I'll take pictures tomorrow when I get everything apart.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Not like the old days where petroleum products were used to make foams and insulate wires. Mice would leave that stuff alone. Now it's all soy based and little critters love the free meals.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

caddyshack.jpg

That "good chunk of felt" is going to make nice padding on somebody's nest... Seriously, this is a real problem. There are a couple of threads on here about rodents getting into members' Rangers and what to do about it. Happily, no rodents have moved into my Ranger yet, at least none that I know of...

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
Damn mice fried the motherboard for our house's A/C over the winter - $800 later and our A/C was working again. We live out in the country with woods around us. I've trapped/killed almost a dozen mice by the outside A/C unit. They can sure create problems.

Years ago I found a mouse in my car while I was driving - ran right up between my legs on the floor and damn near caused me to have an accident.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
We had a Golden and the things that we had to help finish extracting……
yep , I gots a Mastiff, saw him running through the yard yelping like something was chasing him , saw something coming out his rear and it was smacking his legs as he ran from it , to no avail, wifey finally corralled him and about a foot and a half of poop coated towel was hanging out , to everyone's surprise, it was a 3 foot towel when i pulled it out and it plopped on the floor ...

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
yep , I gots a Mastiff, saw him running through the yard yelping like something was chasing him , saw something coming out his rear and it was smacking his legs as he ran from it , to no avail, wifey finally corralled him and about a foot and a half of poop coated towel was hanging out , to everyone's surprise, it was a 3 foot towel when i pulled it out and it plopped on the floor ...
Now that’s impressive and definitely a ‘ no shitter ‘ story

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Not like the old days where petroleum products were used to make foams and insulate wires. Mice would leave that stuff alone. Now it's all soy based and little critters love the free meals.
Yep , that cost my daughter $800 3 weeks after buying a new 2019 Toyota 4Runner . Everything was fine when she parked it for the night then she could not get it to run the next morning . It was an act of God the dealership said , so it came out of her pocket . After researching the issue we read many accounts of people having more than one instance they had to pay out of pocket for .

They use to put arsenic in treated wood also but now the carpenter bees love the stuff :(