Finally A Nasty Complaint

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Just saw a report in a local newspaper to me that in the NE folks are moving out in droves. A much higher rate than decades before. Looks like the taxation up here is finally choked the golden goose! Won’t be long and I’ll be joining them. ?

They're not moving out, they're just moving to the northernmost NE state.

Housing market is jacked up here, thanks to covid. All these people want out of conn, mass, NY and into a state with a relatively low population density to stay safe from the 'ronis... and they want out IMMIDEATELY. Theyre all offering 60-70-80k OVER asking price on any house ready to move into... its just awful.

Were bad off enough up here without the city types coming in to make it worse -__-
Sponsored

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Joe,

Maybe it is time in your life to take responsibility for your own actions...I fail to see how this is Ford's fault.

Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Okay, I unlocked my Ranger and put items in on the passenger side and layed my keys on the console then walked around to the driver side and the door was locked with my keys inside. Fords lock on their own for no reason it seems ; I have done the same things dozens upon dozens of times and the doors don't lock but this one time it did and Ford pass unlocked it quickly, woo.
Now I also have a 2020 F150 with 302a package and it did the same thing only it took 30 minutes for the Ford pass to unlock it. I was shopping and used data and not WIFI on both instances F150 didn't want to work for the 30 minutes but the Little Blue big man Ranger worked immediately and unlocked like wow.
I thought the Fords are not supposed to lock with keys in them and for sure not without pushing any buttons either on the fob or the doors but , both mine locked.?
My F150 has remote start and to use it with the fob lock button first then start, so both the Ford pass and the remote start fob lock before starting; but the fob in the vehicle shouldn't lock the trucks automatically without clicking the fob button or the door lock button which I never do, so a technical issue locked the doors on their own.
Pictures of both involved trucks.

1028190843a.jpg

053.jpg

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I unlocked my Ranger and put items in on the passenger side and layed my keys on the console then walked around to the driver side and the door was locked with my keys inside. Fords lock on their own for no reason it seems ; I have done the same things dozens upon dozens of times and the doors don't lock but this one time it did and Ford pass unlocked it quickly, woo.
Now I also have a 2020 F150 with 302a package and it did the same thing only it took 30 minutes for the Ford pass to unlock it. I was shopping and used data and not WIFI on both instances F150 didn't want to work for the 30 minutes but the Little Blue big man Ranger worked immediately and unlocked like wow.
I thought the Fords are not supposed to lock with keys in them and for sure not without pushing any buttons either on the fob or the doors but , both mine locked.?
My F150 has remote start and to use it with the fob lock button first then start, so both the Ford pass and the remote start fob lock before starting; but the fob in the vehicle shouldn't lock the trucks automatically without clicking the fob button or the door lock button which I never do, so a technical issue locked the doors on their own.
Pictures of both involved trucks.

1028190843a.jpg

053.jpg
HI Levi,

In both cases...did you read your owner's manual wrt what you experienced. There are 10,000 members on these forums so it will be interesting if others have such results. So far, this is not a systemic problem.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
How many other unfortunate occurrences does an individual have that same chance of encountering? I bet its a list long enough to boggle the mind... and yet... reasonable people don't worry about them. Because filling your head with worry just to worry is stupid.
You must have missed the posts of people terrified that their tailgates would be stolen.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
You must have missed the posts of people terrified that their tailgates would be stolen.
I did miss that lol, completely forgot tailgate theft was even a thing... blame it on where I live I guess. Rural life for the win!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yep. Same thing happens with my mustang. If I have the fob in my pocket, and drop the kid off at day care, damn car honks at me every time I shut the door haha. One of these days I'll forscan it.
Why the heck wouldn't you just turn off the car?

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
i know where to find me a sweet little 2018 mustang....less than a minute i'll be so far down the road you'll wonder which direction i actually went.
A minute is probably an exaggeration. It's likely more like 30 seconds. And I'm 30 feet from the car and I can see it the entire time. And I conceal carry. Good luck.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
A minute is probably an exaggeration. It's likely more like 30 seconds. And I'm 30 feet from the car and I can see it the entire time. And I conceal carry. Good luck.
Target practice... always a good time.. :clap: Nothing worse than a horse thief.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
Because it takes much less than a minute to turn a car off and back on?
Do you turn your car off at every red light you come to for 30 seconds? Come on. What is it with everyone this morning, jeez.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
i open carry and have an itchy trigger finger. thanks for letting me know you're not far away, i'll grab your wallet too.
Wallet's in the console. Take it with ya when you take the car.
Sponsored