This is the End. Beautiful Friend. The End. My only Friend, The End...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
OH!
And the Taco has this one weird feature I'm trying to figure out. When I lower the tail gate, it just slowly and softly glides down to the open position. Kinda makes this quiet and peacefully meditative Shhhhh sound. So bizarre.
😜
That ain't right. Better sell that shit!
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Reminds me of the time I tested a tacoma.

Dealer: Wanna test this truck out?
me: Hell yeah, how long can I test drive it for?
Dealer: Oh yeah, you're not getting keys. You can sit in it though.
:|

I do like the trucks but that quickly killed motivation to try other dealerships.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
This is the end........fitting song for the 2023 Tacoma as it is the end. Doubt that Yota will ever produce a Jim Morrison version like they did with the "tough as Chuck" signature edition. Anyways can understand why you were disgruntled with Ford.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Off the cuff comparisons...
Dimensionally the exterior feels bigger parking it where I normally park, but the interior feels smaller. Despite that, one of the reasons I Taco'd was because of the better layout of the space to store gear and crap inside the cab. When I moved out of the truck I filled a 27 gallon tote. Shit was busting at the seams in the Ranger (Col Travis), but fits nicely in the Taco (Jim Bowie). It's more accessible too.

The drivers seat is shallower and falls off my thigh sooner than the Ranger did - that might be an issue on long drives. Also the back rest feels a little flatter where the Ford bolsters hugged you in a little better. My Ford also had heated seats and the Taco doesn't. Not that I need them for warmth, but I was starting to use them for therapy on my aging back.

Suspension... Not sure if this is a fair comparison because the Ranger was an XLT 4x4 and this is TRD Off Road. The Yota handles rough pavement, speedbumps, parkinglot transitions like a goddamn Cadillac. No doubt this could probably be achieved if you put the same Bilstein Shocks on the Ranger.

The Taco has a quieter cabin - SO FAR. The 40,000 miles on the Ranger was starting to develop cabin rattles and creaks and squeaks. Sounded like two foam coolers next to each other squeaking and about 5 or 6 1/4 nuts rolling around inside. Maybe the Taco gets there in 40K? Maybe not?

Some of the Toyota Tech is clunky at best. They really need to up that game. Ford does a digital dash and infotainment (I feel dirty saying that word) system better than Toyota does in this truck. Have heard that since about 2019, the User Interface of the Toyota cars has been getting better but Toyota neglected the trucks for the big 2024 launch.

Mine came as some sort of super upgraded package. I'm still not sure what all I have on it but it has the Terrain Management, Crawl Mode, LED headlights. Electrical outlet in the bed, Bed lighting, Flip and fold Toneau cover, Bed rail cargo system, POWER SLIDING REAR WINDOW, Inductive Phone Charger, Rear Locker, and Good Year Off Road Tires. The Good Years aren't as good as the BFGATKO's I slapped on the Ranger but they came up-sized and good to go w/o having to pull off the stockers and replace the tires right away. We'll see how long they last.

IMG_3753.jpg

In the pic you can see the sloping driveway and why I had an issue with water. New Taco has an inclinomerter so I'll see what angle the driveway is at.

Got $29,500 for the Ranger and paid a few bucks less than $46,000 for the Taco. I did purchase the additional 10/100 Bumper to Bumper Platinum Warranty because I don't want to have any more hassles with issues if they happen on the Taco.
Sorry about your Ranger problems, but congratulations on your new Tacoma. Wish you the best, but hope you will still visit us! :)

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I'd say it's a problem with your dealer, not Ford Motor Company in your case. My dealer, Hudson Ford, Hudson, WI, has the best service department of any dealer in an area of 29+/- Ford dealers, IMO. I've taken both our vehicles there for Quick Lane and repairs since 2014, and i've bought four new fords there including my Ranger.
The quality of the Service Dept varies from dealer to dealer; true for any brand.
The smart ones know that a new vehicle purchase is just a down payment on the more profitable future service work, and quality service keeps customers coming back, potentially for a vehicle sale, and Bob's your uncle.
I have the same experience wit Rowe Ford in Westbrook Maine

Clank

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
More than the truck, I've loved this group. Great people and amazing knowledge. In anticipation of purchasing a Taco I started hanging out on their forums and I have to say, I won't be frequenting them unless I need to.

Unfortunately the situation with the Misfire on CYL-1 and how Ford has handled that (Still looking at you Peoria Ford) has left me with no confidence in the truck or the company that should be backing it. There is a design flaw and they know it.

I refuse to buy a GM Product. Ford is off the table now. Not a fan of the Nissans. Honda who? That pretty much leaves Rivian that I can't afford, a Tesla Cyber Truck that they don't really make yet, and a Tacoma. Sooooo.....

Traded the truck in today on a 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. I wanted the Trail Edition, but this actually had a crazy amount of goodies on it that the Trail didn't and it was cheaper. More truck for less money. I'll take it. Yes - going to have to get used to the lack of speed but that's a small trade off for what I hope is a 300,000 mile truck.

I'm still curious to see what Dave does with his so I'll come back here from time to time, but yeah, no longer a 5G Driver.

Insert Dramatic Walk Off Music...
Good luck with the Tacoma! I enjoyed my Tacoma a lot, just the headroom/ legroom was not enough for me.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
More than the truck, I've loved this group. Great people and amazing knowledge. In anticipation of purchasing a Taco I started hanging out on their forums and I have to say, I won't be frequenting them unless I need to.

Unfortunately the situation with the Misfire on CYL-1 and how Ford has handled that (Still looking at you Peoria Ford) has left me with no confidence in the truck or the company that should be backing it. There is a design flaw and they know it.

I refuse to buy a GM Product. Ford is off the table now. Not a fan of the Nissans. Honda who? That pretty much leaves Rivian that I can't afford, a Tesla Cyber Truck that they don't really make yet, and a Tacoma. Sooooo.....

Traded the truck in today on a 2023 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4. I wanted the Trail Edition, but this actually had a crazy amount of goodies on it that the Trail didn't and it was cheaper. More truck for less money. I'll take it. Yes - going to have to get used to the lack of speed but that's a small trade off for what I hope is a 300,000 mile truck.

I'm still curious to see what Dave does with his so I'll come back here from time to time, but yeah, no longer a 5G Driver.

Sorry to see you go but also respect why you are. And I do like Toyotas, I'm biased from having a '72 that has never, ever, let me down.

I hope you have as much fun with your Taco and come here to push our buttons from time to time!

You know, post pics of your Taco parked next to a Ranger and all that good stuff!

I tell you what, grab your best high heels and I'll meet you on the track!

1684713423334.png

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

1684716657907.gif

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2

THX a lot. NOT !!! for make me think about Heroin to END this Monday f…morning…
😵 byebye🥸

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
OH!
And the Taco has this one weird feature I'm trying to figure out. When I lower the tail gate, it just slowly and softly glides down to the open position. Kinda makes this quiet and peacefully meditative Shhhhh sound. So bizarre.
😜
TAKE THIS🖕🏻

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say it's a problem with your dealer, not Ford Motor Company in your case. My dealer, Hudson Ford, Hudson, WI, has the best service department of any dealer in an area of 29+/- Ford dealers, IMO. I've taken both our vehicles there for Quick Lane and repairs since 2014, and i've bought four new fords there including my Ranger.
The quality of the Service Dept varies from dealer to dealer; true for any brand.
The smart ones know that a new vehicle purchase is just a down payment on the more profitable future service work, and quality service keeps customers coming back, potentially for a vehicle sale, and Bob's your uncle.
I totally agree. Sheridan Ford Trucks in Wilmington, DE, has been great to me from the beginning. I bought my first Ford, a 2014 Explorer Limited, from them, followed by my present 2019 Ranger Lariat. I always got MSRP plus whatever incentives were active at the time, which is only fair, but the really important thing is that they always did exactly what they said they would do in terms of deals, repairs, etc., with no exaggerations, switcheroos, or excuses. When waiting for service, they will take you home and pick you up at no cost or let you stay in the waiting room and drink coffee, your choice. The one time that my Explorer had to stay for some (warranted) repairs that took a few days, they paid for the rental and arranged for it to come to the dealer to sign the rental truck over to me. During the pandemic, their team came to my place to pick up my truck in front of my house, did the repairs and/or mods, and dropped it off when they were done. So, yeah, I will definitely buy my next Ford truck at Sheridan! A lot of members complain about being treated badly by their Ford dealers, and I believe them, but this does not mean that all Ford dealers are crooks or incompetent, just that some of them are. So, guys, if you are not being treated fairly, move on to the next dealer, hopefully another Ford one, but that is up to you! The competition is good...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This is the end........fitting song for the 2023 Tacoma as it is the end. Doubt that Yota will ever produce a Jim Morrison version like they did with the "tough as Chuck" signature edition. Anyways can understand why you were disgruntled with Ford.

Thanks for posting this! I love the scene where the Taco is riding a wild wave, and the blurb underneath reminds viewers that the scene is "fictional" and should not be attempted...

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
:oops:

Too bad about your truck woes and glad you’re happy with your new ride.

I hope it serves you well, best of luck with it Greg.
Sponsored