My first disappointing "modification"!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Peel it. I couldn’t live with that.
yeah, get rid of that... I dont wanna call your baby ugly but it is kinda ticky-tacky. It detracts from the rest of the truck..
Sponsored

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
yeah, get rid of that... I dont wanna call your baby ugly but it is kinda ticky-tacky. It detracts from the rest of the truck..
Oh, it’s coming off. That’s been decided.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Next time use plenty of soapy water and a heat gun. Go from inner out. I’ve wrapped my BMW kidney frames and the Ford emblems. The kidneys were a mission impossible yet they’ve turned out flawless.

B37298A6-0FAC-4976-96E7-AAAE734E8CEA.jpeg

446AD9DD-339D-4358-83A7-88873E190078.jpeg

C9CCC499-1C3B-4352-BC14-344B85BD3D5E.jpeg

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Yeah, you’re the only one. :rolleyes:
Ahhh, that's what you meant by "modification."
Your cactus grey color is great. Stop playing with stickers now and get to some real bolt on accessories. You going for an Offroad build? Overland build? Monster truck?

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Your cactus grey color is great. Stop playing with stickers now and get to some real bolt on accessories. You going for an Offroad build? Overland build? Monster truck?
Pretty much bought the truck I wanted, it has to play several roles in my life. Sticker work was all that was needed. Mostly removing!

I pull an overlanding trailer, so I have that covered. Been doing that since it was called boondocking.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Mall crawler. I joke of course. I’m pretty sure due to the positioning of the letters on the sticker no amount of effort could fix the fact the sticker letters are off from the letters on the emblem. The sticker looks centered on the emblem. That’s just a poor job on the sticker quality.
As far as the non-flat surface and the creases in the sticker, yep burn the entire truck to the ground. Hideous I tell you hideous.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Mall crawler. I joke of course. I’m pretty sure due to the positioning of the letters on the sticker no amount of effort could fix the fact the sticker letters are off from the letters on the emblem. The sticker looks centered on the emblem. That’s just a poor job on the sticker quality.
As far as the non-flat surface and the creases in the sticker, yep burn the entire truck to the ground. Hideous I tell you hideous.
Just waiting for all the real modifications: stubby antenna, tailgate damper, and center console insert.

The manufacturer agreed the lettering was mis-aligned, probably why he volunteered a replacement set. I'm going to give it another shot, but overall it might not be what I'm looking for.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
If you have time and patience, you could disassemble them and paint them, or you can buy a set painted to your liking. Custom painted emblem.
YouTube has lots of videos on home to disassemble and paint the emblems.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Here is how mine came out. Got the oval to sit nicely and with some heat got it to lay down without wrinkles or bubbles. The Ford logo definitely does not match the raised base it sits on. At first I was very OCD about it. Now, don’t notice anymore
39E9559E-A99A-47C1-A042-5D3FFAFFC8B7.jpeg
73FEB416-4876-4584-A654-A8044C9B6E0C.jpeg

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is likely the type of vinyl used. Something like Avery or Scotchcal 220 can be stretched around pretty much anything-I once covered two aircraft propellers on a static display with flat black 220. The vinyl in your pics looks like the hard automotive-type formula we used to see on stripe and trim kits (like the screaming chicken on the old Trans Am). If that is the case, you're never going to get that decal to flatten out. Might want to peel it off before the sun welds it to the acrylic on your emblem.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The problem might be the type of vinyl used. Something like Avery or Scotchcal 220 can be stretched around pretty much anything-I once covered two aircraft propellers on a static display with flat black 220. The vinyl in your pics looks like the hard automotive-type formula we used to see on stripe and trim kits (like the screaming chicken on the old Trans Am). If that is the case, you're never going to get that decal to flatten out. Might want to peel it off before the sun welds it to the acrylic on your emblem.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I went a different route. Easy install - just splice into the DRL harness with scotch locks on driver's side.Bought mine off of Amazon for around $100. Not seeing the same one available on Amazon at present. Non stop compliments and inquiries.

IMG_0702.jpeg

IMG_0703.jpeg
Sponsored