First little dent in my Ranger

BOB RAD

First Name
BEBO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
I was hit by a Golf Cart this morning, It did some damage to the black plastic part of my rear bumper. Not a lot of damage and I have repaired it myself with some resin body filler and body putty. Looks pretty good but I can’t find a paint that matches. The one I used is too shinny. Any one ever found something in a spray can that matches....
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was hit by a Golf Cart this morning, It did some damage to the black plastic part of my rear bumper. Not a lot of damage and I have repaired it myself with some resin body filler and body putty. Looks pretty good but I can’t find a paint that matches. The one I used is too shinny. Any one ever found something in a spray can that matches....
Hi Bob,

In my clock restoration business I face this Too Shinny many times. This solution I use might work for you too. Start with OOOO steel wool. work just the painted area. If still too shinny, try OOO and if needed OO. Beauty of steel wool is it is pretty insensitive to application pressure and makes for sometimes seamless fix. In your case until you find the matching paint, but you might be able to just match the sheen of the existing bumper and be done with it. JMO....

Best,
Phil

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you want the exact factory color you can get a rattle can of it here. It will be much easier to match and apply this way.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Look for SEM Trim black. Available in many shades. Made for body trim.
Sponsored