First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That is how I applied the grill letters and they turned out well. The instructions for these ovals say not to do that, but to apply via the transfer tape. Might try that on the back.
On a flat surface the wet method is easy. On a domed surface like this it can be a bit of a challenge to keep the applique from moving around too much or creasing when first getting started. There's a bit of a knack to doing it and you're certainly gonna get frustrated at some point but as long as you're patient it should turn out fine. Don't be afraid to pull the applique back off and reapply water to start over provided you have not started pressing hard on it to secure it in place. Also there may be a few tiny bubbles of water under the film, these are fine and will flatten out. The large ones will need to be moved out though and using a damp squeegee or credit card/fingers will help.

When I applied Lamin-X yellow films on the fog lights for my 08 GTI it must have taken close to an hour for the first one and that was with them out of the car... The second one went much quicker once I got the hang of it.
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
That's what I told the Princess. The truck was ruined, I couldn't stand to look at it anymore. In the past, I was accused of buying a new truck just because the old one got a flat tire!
Yeah, probably best to sell it and start all over with a new truck.. Should also save you a few bucks as you won't have to deal with the first oil change. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Hellrazor

First Name
Clement
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Baller
I haven't done any real modifications to my truck, just a few accessories and cosmetic touches. Inspired my many of the members here I have been pleasantly surprised and very happy with everything I have done up to this point. Until these Ford emblem vinyl stickers.

I think there were a few issues; including application error, sticker design, and manufacturing. I think the main problem is trying to apply a flat "sticker" to the convex factory emblem. Can't see how that would ever lay perfectly. Additionally, the "Ford" lettering on the vinyl does not align with the embossed "Ford" lettering on the emblem. Finally, it was very difficult to apply the sticker, getting it aligned and laying down flat proved to be beyond my abilities.

On a positive note, I was very pleased with the "gray" color of the oval. There is no "Cactus Gray" option listed and chose a color based off of the provided Pantone PMS colors provided. I work for a printing company, color is my life. However, I chose "Flat Black" for the lettering, maybe the gloss would have looked better with the grill.

The Princess thinks it looks pretty good from a distance, and that the average person would never notice the problems. But to a more discerning eye, it's probably not going to be good enough.

FordOval_FrontView.jpg
FordOval_Close.jpg
FordOval_Emboss.jpg
FordOval_Wrinkles.jpg
Looks like shit. Take it off and redo

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Not sure how you're gonna bounce back from this... ?
It's going to be tough. But with this kind of love and support from the Ranger brotherhood, anything is possible!

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
I practiced on the front grill (as it had already been removed for the Raptor grill) and the back turned out much better. It’s a temporary piece for me, as I want to buy a blacked out tailgate bezel and badge.

Do you want the front badge? I will sell it to you for $20 plus shipping?

43C5F2E0-0086-4959-98FE-2CD3434012B9.jpeg

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/mb3z-9942528-aa.html
Ultimately, I would rather have it match the gray of the truck. Going to give the stickers another shot, but might take you up on that offer.

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Wait..... Am I the only one that doesn't consider stickers as a mod? That's just decoration. I have patches on my headliner but I'm not listing them as mods. That'd be like 40 mods right there!

As for dissapointing mods I would go with the Rhino Rack Dome awning over the rear tailgate. That thing is a pain in the arse to set up and it doesn't provide much coverage.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Wait..... Am I the only one that doesn't consider stickers as a mod? That's just decoration. I have patches on my headliner but I'm not listing them as mods. That'd be like 40 mods right there
Who remembers all the stupid warning stickers they used to put on the visors? Damn they were annoying! Hit the sun, pull down the visor, and wham! multiple stupid yellow stickers.

OP
OP
WingShot

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Wait..... Am I the only one that doesn't consider stickers as a mod? That's just decoration. I have patches on my headliner but I'm not listing them as mods. That'd be like 40 mods right there!

As for dissapointing mods I would go with the Rhino Rack Dome awning over the rear tailgate. That thing is a pain in the arse to set up and it doesn't provide much coverage.
Yeah, you’re the only one. :rolleyes: