Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
20221002_145107.jpg

20221002_145056.jpg

After a couple more coats its hardly noticeable to me. I had my son try to find it and couldn't so that is good enough. :rockon:
What scratch?

DreamSports

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
20220926_161239.jpg

20220926_161258.jpg

I know its eventually going to happen but I was hopping it would be farther down the road. Someone kicked up a rock and it hit the rear passenger door yesterday.

Have any of you had a scratch repair at the dealer?
How good of a job did they do and what was the cost?
Part out your truck.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
good work op personally i would have ignored it tbh the only thing i dont want on this truck is dents i had enough of those on my tacoma that i no longer want them haha

OP
OP
seasprite

seasprite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL STX
good work op personally i would have ignored it tbh the only thing i dont want on this truck is dents i had enough of those on my tacoma that i no longer want them haha
You know in the past I was the same way, but this time I said I want to enjoy the newness of the truck longer than 3 months. Eventually I'll go back to my old self. Wife is starting to wonder about me:crazy:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
You know in the past I was the same way, but this time I said I want to enjoy the newness of the truck longer than 3 months. Eventually I'll go back to my old self. Wife is starting to wonder about me:crazy:
haha ive had a few new vehicles and the newness is still there but i accept it lol

i use to own a 2019 si coupe that i ordered in new and loved it but 2 weeks into owning it i got a chip in my windshield so it sucked haha that was one car i always wanted to look nice even thou it had loads of rock chips on its front bumper sadly....

trucks ive never cared to much

and she prob thinks you are crazy lmao

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
20220926_161239.jpg

20220926_161258.jpg

I know its eventually going to happen but I was hopping it would be farther down the road. Someone kicked up a rock and it hit the rear passenger door yesterday.

Black primer may not be so obvious.

crash77

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Material Coordinator
20220926_161239.jpg

20220926_161258.jpg

It's going to be stupid expensive at the dealer. I had a small dent on my driver rear quarter right above the Tremor decal and the dealer quoted $1,700 to repair because they were going to re-clear the entire side of the truck so it was as good as new. FYI for future reference, the wheel well trim and the bed cap trim is all throw away because the clips break when removed and the dealer wouldn't mask them off so that would have been about $460 of it. I took it to a detail shop that does PDR and he did a decent job of it and tinted my windows. I just got a gouge in my tailgate the other day when it came down and hit my overhead garage door right below the cap on the top. I ordered some touch up paint from a company called Automotive Touch up Paint that has good product. My truck is black so everything shows, but it's a truck and I'm over trying to keep it looking perfect. a little dirt hides the flaws and makes it look even more like a truck, vs a daily car with a bed.

OP
OP
seasprite

seasprite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL STX
It's going to be stupid expensive at the dealer. I had a small dent on my driver rear quarter right above the Tremor decal and the dealer quoted $1,700 to repair because they were going to re-clear the entire side of the truck so it was as good as new. FYI for future reference, the wheel well trim and the bed cap trim is all throw away because the clips break when removed and the dealer wouldn't mask them off so that would have been about $460 of it. I took it to a detail shop that does PDR and he did a decent job of it and tinted my windows. I just got a gouge in my tailgate the other day when it came down and hit my overhead garage door right below the cap on the top. I ordered some touch up paint from a company called Automotive Touch up Paint that has good product. My truck is black so everything shows, but it's a truck and I'm over trying to keep it looking perfect. a little dirt hides the flaws and makes it look even more like a truck, vs a daily car with a bed.

I,m glad I went with Dr colorchip it was easy to use as long as you have patience and slowly build up the layers to get it level with the factory paint. Can't remember what I spent for the kit but I think it was around $60.00
Sponsored