Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Have lousy knees...arthritis...came up with a "Get into bed of Ranger with bad knees" modification.
$41 bucks and I don't have to do a "rolling crawl" to get into the bed.
Helps wife also...she's a bit "vertically challenged" :crackup:
Little bungee keeps it from sliding around.

IMG_20210726_113359344_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210726_113507939_HDR (1).jpg
Harbor Freight has a nicer one...often on sale for 25.00 On my Ranger I put in a BedSlide....my knees can't handle crawling in a truck bed anymore.
Dog2.jpg
Sponsored

William Oz

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Occupation
Autoworker
OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I ended up buying a DeeZee Bumper Step, 6206S. Much cheaper than the powered unit, mounts in 5 minutes, is out of the way, and it works.

BumperStep-01.jpg

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Not sure on the length @canyonslicker.

I like the TwiStep extended also. It attaches to the hitch and swings under the spare tire.

This was the product out of Australia I was talking about. Pretty slick how its a bed extender, bench, and step all in one easy product.

I think you could replicate that out of 80/20 products. I'd have to dig into the catalog, or better yet if there was a US supplier.

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not sure on the length @canyonslicker.

I like the TwiStep extended also. It attaches to the hitch and swings under the spare tire.

This was the product out of Australia I was talking about. Pretty slick how its a bed extender, bench, and step all in one easy product.

I think you could replicate that out of 80/20 products. I'd have to dig into the catalog, or better yet if there was a US supplier.
That Aussi step is nice, but their $895 price, converted to US is $650 plus whatever shipping would be. Too bad there is nothing comparable being made here. :frown:

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
That Aussi step is nice, but their $895 price, converted to US is $650 plus whatever shipping would be. Too bad there is nothing comparable being made here. :frown:

They do ship to the US. Yes the price is high, but I like the slim form factor and that it doubles as a bed extender. If you consider its two products in one then its kinda well priced, but still tough to swallow. Only thing I don't like is drilling into the bed, but still a cool idea.

OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Maybe Dave at DeeZee....
Dave, if your following this, maybe DeeZee could design and produce something like this for a lot less $$$.
It even has TWO DAMPERS on it....:clap:
Maybe $99.95.......:like:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I use this item to reach for items in my truck bed. It minimizes climbing up and crawling around the bed.

4E87B670-128B-4D03-AEEA-23F808ABEC38.jpeg
:

//www.amazon.com/Simplifi-Handi-Hook-Reaching-Retrieval-Coolers/dp/B098VW3MCG/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=truck+bed+reach+tool&qid=1642200318&sr=8-4
Thanks for the reminder that I need to use my Gear Retriever. I was having the bedliner sprayed-in several months after I bought the Ranger and was standing in the shop area while they were doing the job. A sales rep. who I had never seen before came into the shop and approached me saying that he had something for me. Went out to his company vehicle and brought in this Retriever and showed me how to use it and then left? The shop Mgr.-Owner was standing near and didn't say anything about it, so I didn't complain a bit! :LOL: Photos show it closed and extended.

Closed.jpg

Extended.jpg

Last edited:

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Agree .. very cool product .. but $700+ is a lot

McDeuce

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Maybe Dave at DeeZee....
Dave, if your following this, maybe DeeZee could design and produce something like this for a lot less $$$.
It even has TWO DAMPERS on it....:clap:
Maybe $99.95.......:like:
Wait … dual dampers ?????

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
About 4 years ago I completely tore my ACL and meniscus by jumping out of the back of my sons Colorado. Granted I was 48 at the time but still.....needless to say I don't jump out of trucks anymore and use a step or small stepladder to get in..
Sponsored