Mishimoto R&D: 2019+ Ranger Performance Intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Also a great question! Currently, we don't have the means of developing custom tunes, however, we did install a tune from SCT to make sure that it properly performs with extra boost running through the system. I'll be sure to include all of our testing results once we're wrapped up!

Also, just as a FYI, the discounted price will be gone once we have these in stock, so if you're looking to get the lower price, make sure that you order before our presale ends!

Thanks,
Nick
Hay could you guys put a link or post which sct tune y'all used. Please and thanks
Sponsored

mstealth22

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered, and received an order confirmation email, but no such back order communication.

Info here in this thread indicates a fairly short pre-order timeline.

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
In the email I received from Moshimoto. I preordered the kit literally a few hours after it became available for purchase.
I received an order confirmation with invoice attachment a day or two after the normal purchase emails. Nothing stating 8-10 weeks.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just ordered my black intercooler and piping. Can you post a link here when you update the engineering blog?
Will do!

Hay could you guys put a link or post which sct tune y'all used. Please and thanks
Sure thing! Let me just double-check with the engineering team on which one exactly we're using

8 - 10 week back order. Sigh.....
That's stange, we're not currently expecting any delays, and we're still on track to begin shipping these in the next few weeks!

-Nick

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
Will do!

Sure thing! Let me just double-check with the engineering team on which one exactly we're using

That's stange, we're not currently expecting any delays, and we're still on track to begin shipping these in the next few weeks!

-Nick
Here is that email received on 2/18/21:

Please note: This inbox is not monitored, please contact us at [email protected] if you need further assistance.

==================================================================
Item: MMINT-RGR-19KBKBK Performance Intercooler Kit, Fits Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost 2019+ PRE-SALE Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Needed: 1 ETA: Please allow 8 to 10 weeks.

We apologize for any inconvenience this inventory discrepancy may have caused, but any wait will be worth your while, as we expect all our products to transform the way you drive in one way or another.

The option to cancel the order is available if the delay conflicts with your plans and you no longer wish to receive our product. Simply contact our customer service line and they will assist you in cancelling the order and processing a refund. The number to use is 1.877.GOMISHI

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Mishimoto Automotive

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Here is that email received on 2/18/21:

Please note: This inbox is not monitored, please contact us at [email protected] if you need further assistance.

Item: MMINT-RGR-19KBKBK Performance Intercooler Kit, Fits Ford Ranger 2.3L EcoBoost 2019+ PRE-SALE Ordered: 1 Shipped: 0 Needed: 1 ETA: Please allow 8 to 10 weeks.

We apologize for any inconvenience this inventory discrepancy may have caused, but any wait will be worth your while, as we expect all our products to transform the way you drive in one way or another.

The option to cancel the order is available if the delay conflicts with your plans and you no longer wish to receive our product. Simply contact our customer service line and they will assist you in cancelling the order and processing a refund. The number to use is 1.877.GOMISHI

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Mishimoto Automotive
Thanks for shooting that over! I'll have to take a look into this. It's rare but on occasion our backorder email does send out during presales. Rest assured though, these aren't on a 8-10 week back order and we will have plenty of kits available much sooner than that.

Thanks,
Nick

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
I also just pre-ordered the black one

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Just not sure this is worth a large fraction of an upgraded turbo in cost... Maybe if you were going full tilt or were seeing heat soak issues towing or in hot climates, but almost $1K on discount and well over regular price. Damn... Nice quality piece though.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Just not sure this is worth a large fraction of an upgraded turbo in cost... Maybe if you were going full tilt or were seeing heat soak issues towing or in hot climates, but almost $1K on discount and well over regular price. Damn... Nice quality piece though.
Its the nice quality that you are buy especially with it being AMERICAN MADE!!! And you know it will come in the mail unlike one other intercooler.

I should also add that any time you have a good load(towing or even climbing a steep grade on the HWY) you are going to have heat soak. Does the factory intercool do well for a stock vehicle? Sure but if you have a tune like a fair but of us on the fourm then this would be a great option.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.