Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
super happy with your cold air intake, will you also be offering intercooler charge pipes along with your intercooler?
Any official news from Mishimoto on either the Charge Pipes or Intercooler?
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! @Tim G. , yes, we'll be offering the charge pipes and the intercooler as a kit. The intercooler will be launching after the pipes, so the kit pre-sale will be happening at the same time as the intercooler pre-sale.

@Engmus for the intercooler pipes, we're looking at a pre-sale in November/early December and hoping to start shipping before the end of the year. For the intercooler we're looking at a January pre-sale and February launch.

Thanks!
-Steve
Sponsored

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hey @Mishimoto you see mountune has their intercooler out it looks like. Any word how yours compares to theirs vs stock. Especially the inlet outlet temp differences and pressure drop??

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey @Mishimoto you see mountune has their intercooler out it looks like. Any word how yours compares to theirs vs stock. Especially the inlet outlet temp differences and pressure drop??
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I don't know if we can really compare the raw data that Mountune publishes and ours. I'm not sure how Mountune is getting 300*F inlet temps or why they're testing with 90*F ambient air temp, or if they're fully heat-soaking the intercooler before that run.

We're not quite ready to share temp and pressure data, but our intercooler will be a similar size as the Mountune intercooler (ours will have a bit taller and wider core), so I would expect similar results in both temperature reduction and pressure drop. I should have exact data for you closer to the pre-sale.

Thanks,
-Steve

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I don't know if we can really compare the raw data that Mountune publishes and ours. I'm not sure how Mountune is getting 300*F inlet temps or why they're testing with 90*F ambient air temp, or if they're fully heat-soaking the intercooler before that run.

We're not quite ready to share temp and pressure data, but our intercooler will be a similar size as the Mountune intercooler (ours will have a bit taller and wider core), so I would expect similar results in both temperature reduction and pressure drop. I should have exact data for you closer to the pre-sale.

Thanks,
-Steve
Will your core be comparable with stock pipes or the afe pipes n not using proprietary only pipes like mountune?

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Hey Steve\Mishimoto, any update to when the pre-sale will begin? Or how far along you guys are in development?? 60%? 80%? 30%?

Anxious to see the final product\buy.

Thanks!

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Notice this new.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey Steve\Mishimoto, any update to when the pre-sale will begin? Or how far along you guys are in development?? 60%? 80%? 30%?

Anxious to see the final product\buy.

Thanks!
Hey @Engmus - we're still a ways out. Looking at a early February for a pre-sale now and late February or early March for shipping. These dates are always subject to change as we move through development and production, so it may be sooner or later. We'll always post here when the pre-sale is starting too.

Thanks,
-Steve

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hey @Engmus - we're still a ways out. Looking at a early February for a pre-sale now and late February or early March for shipping. These dates are always subject to change as we move through development and production, so it may be sooner or later. We'll always post here when the pre-sale is starting too.

Thanks,
-Steve
Just keep us posted. You have dozens of folks like myself sitting here ready to toss you $$ as soon as presale is available.

Hey btw what's the advantage to that radiator the guy above posted over the stock one?

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Looks like Mishimoto will be late to the party
While I agree, but I dont want the product rushed, it seems the options are pretty broken right now.

AFE Charge pipes without an AFE Intercooler
Mountune Intercooler, without Mountune Charge Pipes

If Mishimoto can release both an intercooler and charge pipe kit, it would be first to market.

If Mountune can release charge pipes prior to this, then its a matter of cost\product.

I'll wait to at least see the Mishimoto offerings

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Save your pennies for it I'd say. I'd want to look deeper into how upgraded intercooler pipes alone + pipes and intercooler upgrades affect performance. The only documented information I've seen on this is on aFe's site regarding the bladerunners.

The takeaway there is that HP comes on sooner and torque is smoother. I'm sure 'gains' are inevitable but for charge pipes alone you budget what a tuner box goes for.

I suspect the pipes and intercooler combos will be one of the more expensive durable single upgrades for the Ranger and can only anticipate integrating it into a more extensive set of mods. At least Mishimoto has a reputation for quality.

What/where the return comes on these things depends on your goals. Some folks here are 'all in' with intakes, turbo and throttle body upgrades... which demands tuning and possibly ignition coil + injector upgrades. Exhaust becomes obligatory.

The cash register in my head starts to spin like a Vegas slot machine.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Just keep us posted. You have dozens of folks like myself sitting here ready to toss you $$ as soon as presale is available.

Hey btw what's the advantage to that radiator the guy above posted over the stock one?
Sorry for the late reply and thank you!

As for the radiator, the goal is always to make a more efficient radiator that cools better, while being stronger than the stock plastic-end-tank rads. For this radiator, it will likely benefit those who tow a lot, live in hot climates, or spend a lot of time low-speed off-roading where airflow is at a minimum. By increasing the core size and fluid capacity, we can increase the base efficiency of the radiator - more coolant has more capacity to carry heat and a larger core with more mass transfers more heat energy through conduction. The stock radiator does a good job of cooling when you're just driving around or doing short bursts of WOT, but in extended high-load/low airflow situations temps could start to creep up.

Of course, it will also be a good upgrade for anybody who has a cracked radiator or just wants a durable rad that they won't have to worry about for another 20 years ?

Looks like Mishimoto will be late to the party
This may be true, but some products benefit from the slow-and-steady approach. It seems turbocharged vehicles get more complex every year, and we've found that little oversights can have a big impact on whether or not a product functions as it should. So instead of chasing first-to-market, we've been taking our time to make sure everything is perfect before release, including extended road testing time.

In the case of this intercooler and pipe kit, we also want to make sure we know what our customers really want (like fitting popular blow-off valves) - sharing our R&D process and gathering feedback is the best way we've found to do that, even if it means not being first to market.

We really appreciate everybody who gives us feedback and sticks around to see the finished product when other options are available, and we do our best to make sure we live up to your expectations and provide you the best possible products.

I should have updates for you on the intercooler and pipe R&D soon!

Thanks,
-Steve

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Sorry for the late reply and thank you!

As for the radiator, the goal is always to make a more efficient radiator that cools better, while being stronger than the stock plastic-end-tank rads. For this radiator, it will likely benefit those who tow a lot, live in hot climates, or spend a lot of time low-speed off-roading where airflow is at a minimum.

Of course, it will also be a good upgrade for anybody who has a cracked radiator or just wants a durable rad that they won't have to worry about for another 20 years ?

This may be true, but some products benefit from the slow-and-steady approach. It seems turbocharged vehicles get more complex every year, and we've found that little oversights can have a big impact on whether or not a product functions as it should. So instead of chasing first-to-market, we've been taking our time to make sure everything is perfect before release, including extended road testing time.

In the case of this intercooler and pipe kit, we also want to make sure we know what our customers really want (like fitting popular blow-off valves) - sharing our R&D process and gathering feedback is the best way we've found to do that, even if it means not being first to market.

We really appreciate everybody who gives us feedback and sticks around to see the finished product when other options are available, and we do our best to make sure we live up to your expectations and provide you the best possible products.

I should have updates for you on the intercooler and pipe R&D soon!

Thanks,
-Steve
How do you all feel about alternate coolants? Years ago I was fascinated by non-aqueous formulas, namely Evans NPG (Neo Poly Glycol). Million mile life, low pressure and no issues with dissimilar metals in the cooling system.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Status
Not open for further replies.