Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that we're still working on this intercooler and should have updates coming in the next month or so. In the meantime, we've been doing a lot of other mods to our Ranger to make sure this intercooler, and all of our other Ranger parts, work best for your needs. Check out the post below on some of the changes we've made to our Ranger and to learn how we're using them for R&D.

Thanks!
-Steve

Up and Downgrade? – How Mods really affect your Ranger’s PErformance
MG_2669.jpg

Keen-eyed readers might have noticed that our 2019 Ford Ranger has been going through some changes lately. It’s gotten a bit taller thanks to a 3.5” lift kit from BDS Suspension and a set of KMC wheels with Dick Cepek 33” Trail Country EXP tires. We’ve also added 3,150 lumens to the front end with a Baja Designs Squadron LED light kit. Less evident in photos are the performance upgrades we’ve made. Under the hood, the Ranger’s boost is controlled by a Turbosmart Kompact plumb back bypass valve, and under the dash, we’re squeezing all the power we can get out of the 2.3L EcoBoost thanks to an SCT tuner.

NLT_0261.jpg

All of these modifications make our Ranger look good and a lot more fun to drive, but they serve a purpose in R&D as well ...Continue Reading>>>

What all do you guys have for the ranger so far?

Also I'm down for the intercooler presale, I have the charge pipes from afe setup already with inlet and outlet temps. Ready to see how well it cools this SC and GA hot air
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
What all do you guys have for the ranger so far?

Also I'm down for the intercooler presale, I have the charge pipes from afe setup already with inlet and outlet temps. Ready to see how well it cools this SC and GA hot air
sorry for the delay in getting back to you! Right now we just have our catch can and intake available. The intake is on pre-sale right now but should start shipping out this week.

Thanks!
-Steve

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I have the charge pipes from afe setup already with inlet and outlet temps.
Are you seeing temp improvements with the charge pipes alone?

Tim G.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Occupational Health and Safety
Hey everybody,

Mishimoto is excited to announce that we're developing a performance intercooler for the 2019+ Ranger! Check out the first post of our development thread below where we review the stock intercooler and our plans for how we'll improve it.

Thanks!
-Steve

Go Your Own Way – Performance Intercooler, Part 1: Stock Review
MG_2669.jpg
Lately, it seems commercials for trucks, SUVs, CUVs, and every other acronym on four wheels have the same narrative. A traffic jam ahead and a forlorn look on our business-casual hero’s face. Suddenly, as if it hadn’t quite sunk in yet, our hero remembers they bought a vehicle capable of driving on that conveniently placed side road; the one that’s just dusty enough to add some drama to the shot, but not treacherous enough to require much driving skill. A couple presses of the nav screen and the hero is home before the dust settles.

While many vehicles seek to make you feel like you could go your own way whenever the mood strikes, few pull it off quite as well as the 2019+ Ford Ranger. The Ranger’s compact size and efficient engine make it at home in the city, while its cleverly design chassis and plethora of available off-road tech mean it’s capable of tackling even the most technical trails. But, despite the Ranger’s adaptability off the dealer’s lot, there are some aspects that can be improved.

NLT_0295.jpg

Whether you’re commuting to work or hitting the dunes, the Ranger’s ultra-efficient 2.3L turbocharged engine is the heart of its versatility. Turbocharging helps the little 4-cylinder EcoBoost crank out 310 lb-ft of torque, but as the boost builds, so does the heat, and heat is the enemy of efficiency. To help keep that heat at bay and keep the 2.3L EcoBoost running efficiently, compressed air from the turbocharger flows through a heat exchanger known as the intercooler. In stock form, the Ranger’s intercooler is decent, but trucks like the Ranger rarely stay stock for very long, and with more tuning comes more heat. Even if your Ranger never sees a tune, the stock intercooler can still be improved.

...Continue Reading >>>
super happy with your cold air intake, will you also be offering intercooler charge pipes along with your intercooler?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
What do you feel the flow improvents provide?
Well haven't gotten to a Dyno yet but I'll tell you that you can hear the turbo spool whistle some more, the 0-60 feels faster, the throttle response feels faster n smoother. When I get to a Dyno I'll post n tag you

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
What do you feel the flow improvents provide?
AFE claims 11hp, 22 Tq, they have a dyno chart they provide, just data from the manufacture, take it with a grain of salt.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
AFE claims 11hp, 22 Tq, they have a dyno chart they provide, just data from the manufacture, take it with a grain of salt.
Big grain of salt. I'll say this, it definitely gets up n goes better than stock. I might wrap the cold side pipe with insulation or something to kill off some of the heat soak effect

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Big grain of salt. I'll say this, it definitely gets up n goes better than stock. I might wrap the cold side pipe with insulation or something to kill off some of the heat soak effect
The charge pipe construction and how they handle heat soak might be a consideration for a product developer... some heat wraps have issues with holding moisture that could negate their benefits- if you've ever grabbed a hot skillet wearing a wet oven mit you will know what that means.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
The charge pipe construction and how they handle heat soak might be a consideration for a product developer... some heat wraps have issues with holding moisture that could negate their benefits- if you've ever grabbed a hot skillet wearing a wet oven mit you will know what that means.
Well don't grab the wet oven mitt my friend. But if you leave the not on there a bit it will dry off and the evaporative cooling will actually pull more heat than just air.

Currently looking at "sock" options that are sealed to avoid moisture to begin with

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Any official news from Mishimoto on either the Charge Pipes or Intercooler?

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Any official news from Mishimoto on either the Charge Pipes or Intercooler?
Hey have a thread about the pipes right now. Looks like from their posts they are saying December will be the pre order and first batch

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
Well don't grab the wet oven mitt my friend. But if you leave the not on there a bit it will dry off and the evaporative cooling will actually pull more heat than just air.

Currently looking at "sock" options that are sealed to avoid moisture to begin with
Not to mention depending on construction materials corrosion and deteriorating insulation material after repeated moisture intrusion. All consideration. Some materials may just offer better heat soak resistance - hence Ford using polymer.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Not to mention depending on construction materials corrosion and deteriorating insulation material after repeated moisture intrusion. All consideration. Some materials may just offer better heat soak resistance - hence Ford using polymer.
The afe ones I have are painted aluminum. So corrosion isn't much of a concern
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.