Led Headlight bulbs

Coolbot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
So you want to be just like those jeep drivers who running those illegally on-road and should be ticketed. Sorry but you will be a safety hazard!
Just because there are also other annoying people on the road with brighter and more annoying lights than the ones you're considering, doesn't mean yours won't also be annoying and dangerous for those around you.
From both of your replies i am going to take it that they fit the housing with the dust covers thank you.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
From both of your replies i am going to take it that they fit the housing with the dust covers thank you.
I don't know if they fit or not. Actually hope they don't.

MagnetiK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Sylvania ZEVO LED Headlight H11ZEVOLED $100 for pair Autozone. Ez Installation ?
20210123_165951.jpg

20210123_170001.jpg

Polish_20210123_172043577.jpg

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Question might have been asked, not sure , Does Diode Dynamics make headlights?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Question might have been asked, not sure , Does Diode Dynamics make headlights?
Yes. But the bulbs they have right now only fit the fog lights. I've confirmed with them that the bulbs they have do not fit out housings yet, but they are working on it. (I've been waiting for them to do any further headlight upgrades.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Yes. But the bulbs they have right now only fit the fog lights. I've confirmed with them that the bulbs they have do not fit out housings yet, but they are working on it. (I've been waiting for them to do any further headlight upgrades.
Its actually pretty cool how these companies will actually answer your emails.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Its actually pretty cool how these companies will actually answer your emails.
Diode Dynamics is one of the best companies I have *ever* worked with. They stand behind their products. Their support is unrivaled. They also care about you both pre and post purchase. They're a little expensive against comparable products but they're worth every penny. Always. I've used them for both my Mustang and Ranger and will continue to as long as I can.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
After reading all 36 pages of this thread I went with the Auxitos for lows, highs and fogs. I was prepared for a few scratches, scrapes and cuss words but on my 2wd XLT it was quite simple, about 20 minutes for all 6 bulbs.

For lows and highs there is decent access to covers from under the hood, I only needed to remove the air filter scoop (2 screws) on the passenger side. The fog lights were easily accessed from underneath.

The covers went back on fine, but it took a few tries. They need to be oriented correctly and pushed firmly against the housing before they can be rotated to lock them in. I love these lights so far, they are a nice upgrade over stock.

Last edited:

waloud

First Name
Whitaker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LB Ranger
After reading all 36 pages of this thread I went with the Auxitos for lows, highs and fogs. I was prepared for a few scratches, scrapes and cuss words but on my 2wd XLT it was quite simple, about 20 minutes for all 6 bulbs.

For lows and highs there is decent access to covers from under the hood, I only needed to remove the air filter scoop (2 screws) on the passenger side. The fog lights were easily accessed from underneath.

The covers went back on fine, but it took a few tries. They need to be oriented correctly and pushed firmly against the housing before they can be rotated to lock them in. I love these lights so far, they are a nice upgrade over stock.

Do you have the part numbers that you used?

Ranger85

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just saw Alpharex are now available for pre-order. Looks like the lowest priced ones are halogen but the rest are LED.

6006BE84-9660-4236-9FAF-F5903BEA070D.jpeg
7CD6BAF6-37CE-4557-BEE2-198A196ED855.jpeg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I just saw Alpharex are now available for pre-order. Looks like the lowest priced ones are halogen but the rest are LED.

6006BE84-9660-4236-9FAF-F5903BEA070D.jpeg
7CD6BAF6-37CE-4557-BEE2-198A196ED855.jpeg
I would be careful about them fitting our US Rangers. They say 16-20 Ford Ranger. May be for ROW Rangers. Lot of threads about trying to fit ROW Ranger headlights in our trucks.

[EDIT] Checked web site, they do specify US trucks only. Look like they need to proofread their info better.

Last edited:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I would be careful about them fitting our US Rangers. They say 16-20 Ford Ranger. May be for ROW Rangers. Lot of threads about trying to fit ROW Ranger headlights in our trucks.
No, these are *specifically* designed for the NA Ranger. Alpharex has been working on these for months and just shared them a few weeks ago.

It's nice to see them finally. I'll almost certainly be adding them soon.

Bytor

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
So I am changing all my halogen lights with LED and it has gone quite well until now. I am trying to remove the passenger (right) side low beam hadlight. I can get it twisted off counter - clockwise about 95% or more but the connector to the halogen light is hitting the side of the back side of the assembly (appears the backside of the assembly is eccentric and not an issue on the driver side) and I cannot twist it any further. I've tried to take the connector off since that is what is hitting the side but can't get a screwdriver in to pop the tab. Has this happened to anyone else? Any solutions?

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management