First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Thanks for the heads up on that, I probably would have just pulled them and broke them. This still seems like the easiest route to go to me.
Your choice. I just found going from the inside underneath easier than working around the crash bar and dealing with fender liner. Didn't have to deal with each side individually.
Sponsored

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Your choice. I just found going from the inside underneath easier than working around the crash bar and dealing with fender liner. Didn't have to deal with each side individually.
Yeah, it just seems like with the plastic skid plate and the way it’s attached it may be more difficult to remove that than the fender liner. It seems like once the fender liner is moved out of the way it shouldn’t be too difficult to get in there.

I guess I’ll see how it goes tomorrow.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yeah, it just seems like with the plastic skid plate and the way it’s attached it may be more difficult to remove that than the fender liner. It seems like once the fender liner is moved out of the way it shouldn’t be too difficult to get in there.

I guess I’ll see how it goes tomorrow.
Well I didn't realize the FX2 was that different. Unless your talking about the front valance. A plastic skid plate seams kind of useless.

Anyway, good luck

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Well I didn't realize the FX2 was that different. Unless your talking about the front valance. A plastic skid plate seams kind of useless.

Anyway, good luck
I’m at a loss here. Just went out to see if I could get into the fender liner to swap the bulb. Removed one of the pins and was able to pull out on the liner, but when I put my hand in there it still seems like the air dam or maybe the plastic guard behind the fog light is still in the way. I was really hoping it would be an easy swap. Am I missing something?

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Maybe an FX2 is different. On my FX4 I don't remember there being any additional obstacles going through the fender liner. Might also depend where you go in. If you go in too low, there's that little airdam/mudflap in front of the wheel. Maybe that's what you're running in to. I went in further up, right behind the side marker light.

All I can say is I had no issues doing it my way. And @Big Blue had no issues doing it his way. In the end, you just have to pick a direction, go for it, and get it over with. Probably could've had it done by now at this rate. haha
So I double checked the skid plate, and it does definitely have more bolts holding it to the bumper (probably because it's plastic and would tear off otherwise if you hit something). That being said, I was able to get to the bulb by removing one of the liner pins and reaching behind it. Now for the life of me I can't figure out how to disconnect the bulb! Is the the little blue tabs that need to be pushed or something? I can not seem to get it to wiggle free.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
So I double checked the skid plate, and it does definitely have more bolts holding it to the bumper (probably because it's plastic and would tear off otherwise if you hit something). That being said, I was able to get to the bulb by removing one of the liner pins and reaching behind it. Now for the life of me I can't figure out how to disconnect the bulb! Is the the little blue tabs that need to be pushed or something? I can not seem to get it to wiggle free.
The bulbs are twist out, just like the headlights are, then the tab into the connector you need to depress to get it loose.

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
The bulbs are twist out, just like the headlights are, then the tab into the connector you need to depress to get it loose.
Yeah, I got the bulb twist out of the housing, I just can't get it to release from the connector. Is the tab on the narrow side, or the blue tabs on the front and back? The video I saw on it shows the guy doing it one-handed, so I assume it's on the side?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I got the bulb twist out of the housing, I just can't get it to release from the connector. Is the tab on the narrow side, or the blue tabs on the front and back? The video I saw on it shows the guy doing it one-handed, so I assume it's on the side?
Yes, it's the tabs on the side.

DiodeDynamics covers it in their fog light install at ~33s:

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I went with Full Auxito 1:1s for Lowbeams, Fogs, and High beams. I am super happy with them. No adjustments needed, direct swap. I took before and after photos of all lights and they lined up perfect. No flashes from other drivers and the light output is massively improved, without worrying about blinding others. I'd say the fog lights surprised me the most by how much more output they have.

Below are some photos. I do not have any w/ the high beams, but the output is the same as the low beams, just aimed higher as high beams are.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMG43QJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQLGGBR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Low beams and Fogs:

1614792429417.png

Low beams no fogs:
1614792455027.png

Low beams, fogs, & light bar
1614792485367.png

On street Low beams no fogs:
1614792558481.png

Low beams + fogs:
1614792576751.png

Low beams, fogs, light bar:
1614792597807.png

Different street low & fog:
1614792744146.png

Different street low, fog, light bar:
1614792717069.png

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Yes, it's the tabs on the side.

DiodeDynamics covers it in their fog light install at ~33s:

Alright, I was finally able to get it unplugged and swapped. Went over to the other side and realized I was able to reach around the liner without undoing any clips to remove the bulb. Had a little difficulty getting it back in the fog light housing at first, just had to re-orient the bulb to line up right. In there now and working, looking forward to see how they look at night.

Thanks for the help, guys. I know it probably didn't make sense I was having so much trouble. I'm just so crunched for time most days I didn't really have the time to mess around with it last night.

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
So I installed my LED headlight bulbs today, and I think others have mentioned this before, it looks like they flicker on when the auto start happens after a stop. Anyone else come across this or have a fix? Besides turning off the auto start stop feature?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed my LED headlight bulbs today, and I think others have mentioned this before, it looks like they flicker on when the auto start happens after a stop. Anyone else come across this or have a fix? Besides turning off the auto start stop feature?
This is due to how much small electrical variances impact these lights. We don't notice it with the halogens because the power cut on restart is so fast that there's not enough time for the bulb to completely go dark, but if you look and pay attention, they're also affected just not as visibly.

There's no fix for it as it's part of the starting system.

waloud

First Name
Whitaker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LB Ranger
Just installed the Auxiti low & fog lights. Looks awesome. Going to order high beam now.

RARanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Just installed the Auxiti low & fog lights. Looks awesome. Going to order high beam now.
Yeah, I gotta order the high beams too. I wasn’t super concerned since I rarely need them while driving where I live, but want to complete the look.