Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So I have tried upgrading my headlights from hell-o-gen to LED via bulbs. To no success I might add. The first bulb wouldn't even fit inside the housing. So I found a LED bulb that is physically identical to the 9005. But upon installing its cocked 30 degrees off vertical and you can't adjust. This made for a extremely poor light pattern on high beam. So I decided to do it properly to get the results I need. A complete LED headlamp assembly. They are ordered soon to be installed.

Screenshot_20221229_181252_Shopee.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Synfulz

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I have tried upgrading my headlights from hell-o-gen to LED via bulbs. To no success I might add. The first bulb wouldn't even fit inside the housing. So I found a LED bulb that is physically identical to the 9005. But upon installing its cocked 30 degrees off vertical and you can't adjust. This made for a extremely poor light pattern on high beam. So I decided to do it properly to get the results I need. A complete LED headlamp assembly. They are ordered soon to be installed.

Screenshot_20221229_181252_Shopee.jpg
So at first I could not justify spending $500+ on LED headlight assemblies. So I tried to do on the cheap. My non justification was that I don't drive at night much here. This is due to how many people drive their cars, commercial trucks, motorcycles etc. with no lights at night. Frankly it is dangerous overall. But then I come to the realization that the few times I have to drive, that if I were to hit someone and hurt or worse well that would be hard to justify. So hence good and proper lighting for the tune of $536 is a far sight better justification for safe driving. Even though I have no control of the %^*&( drivers who think its ok to drive without lights. So new lights here we come.

OP
OP
Synfulz

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy led bulbs with adjustable bases btw for future reference.

I couldn't seem to find any with small enough base to fit in the housings. The cap is right against the bulb now on the stock versions.
Moot now, full LED's on the way.

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't seem to find any with small enough base to fit in the housings. The cap is right against the bulb now on the stock versions.
Moot now, full LED's on the way.
Yeah it goes without saying most LED bulbs you're going to end up leaving the plastic caps off. lol

OP
OP
Synfulz

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it goes without saying most LED bulbs you're going to end up leaving the plastic caps off. lol
My first bulb wouldn't even lock in as it rubbed on the opening.

OP
OP
Synfulz

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't dislike the overall design. I don't really like they didn't make the lens bezels black. That silver ruins it for me personally.
I agree with that. But when I talked to them and was going through the trouble of installing. I wanted the highest light output headlights they had. So these were it. But yes more black would have been good.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with that. But when I talked to them and was going through the trouble of installing. I wanted the highest light output headlights they had. So these were it. But yes more black would have been good.
I don't mean the actual interior lens housing, I mean the bezel trim. That doesn't effect brightness.

20221231_150958.jpg

OP
OP
Synfulz

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't mean the actual interior lens housing, I mean the bezel trim. That doesn't effect brightness.

I see the arrows. Yes I know it doesn't affect brightness. The assembly in this style was the highest output they had. I would prefer those been black too. Or even red for my trim color scheme.