Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I just installed
AUXITO 9005 H11 LED Headlight Bulbs Combo, High Low Beam Replacement from AMAZON. BIG difference in brightness. I have large hands and it was difficult to change the bulbs on the passenger side. I did it, albeit with skinned knuckles. Perfect Fit...Just plug and play....
I installed the driver's side first and turned on the lights...Same level as the halogen, just many times brighter (white) than the halogen bulbs....
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Tried them in my truck after a headlight burned out and they've been great for the last 20k miles. Nice bright white light, beam is similar to traditional bulbs, and time will tell how long they last.
THAT is good news for me...lol 20 thousand miles is like 5-6 years of driving or more...

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Hope on coming drivers don’t get blinded them. LED bulbs are NOT designed for non-projector headlights. Also, if your truck has to go through an annual state inspection, it probably will fail if the technician is really good….just saying

yamahaSHO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 23 Maverick, 04 S2000, 07 Sky RL
Occupation
ECU Calibration - USAF Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hope on coming drivers don’t get blinded them. LED bulbs are NOT designed for non-projector headlights. Also, if your truck has to go through an annual state inspection, it probably will fail if the technician is really good….just saying

Sure they are. Some are better than others, but most have the LED's placed where the filament would be. The Morimoto bulbs I've used in many housings have always had a great cut-off.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
Just sayin….lol

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I'm almost at 35K an the factory bulbs are still kicking. I'm thinking about the high output halogen bulbs for the low beams an maybe LEDs for the highs since there won't be oncoming traffic when they're on.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
I have drop-in LED lights in the high, low, and fogs, and switchback LEDs in the front turn signals. They are rotated so that the diodes are at 9 and 3. Makes a perfect imitation of the beam pattern that the halogens had, including the cutoff.

Do I get flashed by oncoming drivers? It happens. But, no more than it does when I had cars with HIDs.

You shouldn't have a problem if they're built right and installed right.

If someone doesn't know what to do when faced with brighter lights on oncoming traffic, they need to go back to driver's ed.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also, I've had these installed for almost all of my almost 20k miles.

OP
OP

JimmyFD43

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I just installed
AUXITO 9005 H11 LED Headlight Bulbs Combo, High Low Beam Replacement from AMAZON. BIG difference in brightness. I have large hands and it was difficult to change the bulbs on the passenger side. I did it, albeit with skinned knuckles. Perfect Fit...Just plug and play....
I installed the driver's side first and turned on the lights...Same level as the halogen, just many times brighter (white) than the halogen bulbs....
I had no idea that HALOGEN headlights, replaced with LED' bulbs are illegal in the US. I just took the truck for a trial run and had my buddy meet me on the road. He said they were really bright, and that I might get flashed, a lot, drivers thinking I have my brights on. There are exceptions, but I am not one to take a chance...too many litigious individuals just looking for a payday. I will be changing them back tomorrow, as I might want to drive to Denver someday...lol. I also MIGHT just keep the hi's, as I would only use them when there is no traffic facing me.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I had a cheap amazon 7" LED on my Harley for a few years. I aimed it down an didn't get flashed. I totally interfered with my radio an I had to buy a in line filter for it. I took it off an the radio stations work now. With it on with the filter I had to use either streaming from my phone or music on a thumb drive.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had no idea that HALOGEN headlights, replaced with LED' bulbs are illegal in the US. I just took the truck for a trial run and had my buddy meet me on the road. He said they were really bright, and that I might get flashed, a lot, drivers thinking I have my brights on. There are exceptions, but I am not one to take a chance...too many litigious individuals just looking for a payday. I will be changing them back tomorrow, as I might want to drive to Denver someday...lol. I also MIGHT just keep the hi's, as I would only use them when there is no traffic facing me.
You'll be fine with them. Just make sure they are adjusted following the proper procedure for your truck, so that the cutoff is where it should be and that the left one is not aimed a the driver of oncoming traffic.
Sponsored