First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
I bought a set of the Auxito 12,000 lm for the low beams and have them installed, however, the LED orientations are NOT at 9 & 3. Is this just how these bulbs fit? Quite a few people have recommended them on this forum so that's why I am asking.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but will the tabs on the bulbs only allow them to be assembled in the housing in 1 orientation? Based on my installation efforts, this seems to be the case.

Here is a link to the low beans from my question above":
https://www.amazon.com/AUXITO-Headlight-Bulbs-12000lm-Wireless/dp/B07TQLGGBR

Yes, and Yes. Bulbs only go in one way. Other members have tested the Auxito 1:1 bulbs, and the beam pattern does not seem to be impacted too much even though they're not positioned at 9/3. Mine are like 10/4 on one side and 2/8 on the other.
Sponsored

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
For those that installed the Auxito 3000k yellow fog LED bulbs, did you need to re-clock them?

MagnetiK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Are any of the low beams available in person? I only see them online.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Having read all 35 pages of this thread, I have a question that I didn't see anywhere -- I changed the headlights in my XLT to LEDs and I need to know if the high beams are adjustable?? I've been able to adjust the low beams, but I can't find any way to do the same to the high beams. The way they are, when I switch on the highs, the beam pattern is the same as the lows - i.e. I can't see any further with the highs than with the lows. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Having read all 35 pages of this thread, I have a question that I didn't see anywhere -- I changed the headlights in my XLT to LEDs and I need to know if the high beams are adjustable?? I've been able to adjust the low beams, but I can't find any way to do the same to the high beams. The way they are, when I switch on the highs, the beam pattern is the same as the lows - i.e. I can't see any further with the highs than with the lows. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.
When you say the beam pattern is the same when turn on the high beams, do you mean no difference in the amount of light at all? I guess the reason I ask is are your high beams coming on? On high beams all 4 lights should be lit. And the high beams have completely different lens so the beam pattern is completely different. Another totally dumb question is how are you turning you high beams on. Are you pushing the stalk forward or pulling it back? Pulling back only momentarily flashes the high beams. I leave my lights in Auto all the time so they automatically flip between high and low beam as needed.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
1. The amount of light increases when high beam is selected 2. Yes, high beams are coming on 3. I push forward on the stalk to turn them on 4. I also leave them in automatic. I guess what I'm saying is when the high beams come on, there is more light, but it doesn't project much further than when just the low beams are on. I can't see much further ahead .. can they be adjusted up at all?? Maybe turn the bulbs around??

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
1. The amount of light increases when high beam is selected 2. Yes, high beams are coming on 3. I push forward on the stalk to turn them on 4. I also leave them in automatic. I guess what I'm saying is when the high beams come on, there is more light, but it doesn't project much further than when just the low beams are on. I can't see much further ahead .. can they be adjusted up at all?? Maybe turn the bulbs around??
I would suspect, and this is complete assumption, that if your high beams are *low* enough that your low-beams are as high, or higher than them, you have an issue with either your low beams being aimed way too high or you have a very serious issue with being lifted too high in the back and/or dropped too low in the front.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
LED fogs came in yesterday, and I was able to find time after dinner/dishes to get out and install them. I thought it was going to be harder to reach up between the crash bar and plastic shroud to get at the fog lights, but it wasn't that bad. The only hard part was trying to blindly find the hole to reinstall the new lights.

One thing you'll notice with these dual color ones (and someone pointed out could be a problem previously) is that they beams don't exactly line up with the stock halogens. The white beam is a little low and the yellow beam is a little high, just because of where the light chips are on the stalk. But luckily (or maybe just by happenstance of the way I installed them) it is that way and not the other way around. I'd much rather have the white directed lower to keep that more intrusive color away from peoples eyes. They yellow is warmer and less hurtful on the eyes, so it shouldn't bother oncoming drivers as much. We'll see though.

Another thing that was happening when I was testing them out was they were being finicky and unpredictable. Turning on different colors (right white, left yellow), or not switching when I wanted them to. But I tried again this morning on my drive into work and they worked as advertised. So I'm thinking it had something to do with the truck being keyed on, but not turned on.

IMG_20191104_190944697.jpg

Passenger halogen, Driver LED (white mode)

IMG_20191104_190958448.jpg

Passenger halogen, Driver LED (yellow mode)

IMG_20191104_192444422.jpg

Both LEDs (white mode)

IMG_20191104_192732571.jpg

Both LEDs (yellow mode)
Was it plug and play?? And are those the ones you had a link for earlier this thread?

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
per my better judgement I purchased some auxito h11 and 9005 bulbs. As I feared the fitment and pattern are horrible.
let’s start with the H11. My first issue was the connector fitment was not very secure. Not sure if this is a tolerance issue on auxitos part but that right there was a deal killer for me. Having a properly securing electrical connection is primary. i did test fit them in the housing and both sides did orient to 9:3 but the hot spot on my wall looked distorted and much larger than the h9 bulb I removed. I did t see any particular glare above the normal cut off but it was difficult to tell. The poor hotspot was the second deal killer for me.

moving onto the 9005 bulb the biggest issue was orientation. It is very important that an led bulb orient correctly at 9:3 in the socket. Even the slightest variation can cause light scatter. Such was the case with these as well. Again no go for me.

so i will stick to halogens until I decide to go oem take off lariat lights or if retrofit source comes out with.

for the love of god please stop putting led lights in reflector housings. They are not brighter. They are not better. Your toilet browsing of Facebook groups and Amazon reviews does not compare to the engineering science behind proper lighting.

Coolbot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
Has anyone tried the H11 100 watt 6000k 20,000LM Car Rovers to see if they fit with the dust covers on.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone tried the H11 100 watt 6000k 20,000LM Car Rovers to see if they fit with the dust covers on.
Not sure why you would want to go that high of lumens on you low beams. As has been discussed in this thread multiple times anything over 12,000 lumens over powers the reflector housing and creates a really bad cutoff pattern and lots of glare for oncoming drivers.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
20,000lm!?!? I hope you step on the SHARPEST of Legos and then also get a significant ticket for blinding the SHIT out of your fellow drivers.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just looked these up and the chip pattern too wide (2x3) to give a good pattern even if adjusted properly with a reasonable lumen level. Maybe in a projector housing but never in a reflector.

Coolbot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew
Not sure why you would want to go that high of lumens on you low beams. As has been discussed in this thread multiple times anything over 12,000 lumens over powers the reflector housing and creates a really bad cutoff pattern and lots of glare for oncoming drivers.
Not too worried about overpowering the housing and cutoff patterns, just wanted to know if they would fit with the dust cover on.

20,000lm!?!? I hope you step on the SHARPEST of Legos and then also get a significant ticket for blinding the SHIT out of your fellow drivers.
Sorry that you were blinded by another driver but ive seen brighter coming off of jeeps with PIAAs and led light bars

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not too worried about overpowering the housing and cutoff patterns, just wanted to know if they would fit with the dust cover on.

Sorry that you were blinded by another driver but ive seen brighter coming off of jeeps with PIAAs and led light bars
So you want to be just like those jeep drivers who running those illegally on-road and should be ticketed. Sorry but you will be a safety hazard!
Sponsored