Headlight LED replacement bulbs ### recommendation?

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Sales
Edit: I do not care if LED or not!! I want quality brighter cleaner lights. Please LMK what you did and not explain why not to do LED. i want to please know what you replaced with thats all!! Thanks

Can you please give me what you have replaced your bulbs with? Im looking for LED bulbs and the ### you used to replace your high and low beams with.

Please give you can give me a link. I prefer the brand Auxito. Thanks for help!
Sponsored

Last edited:

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Drop-in LEDs are not DOT legal, and despite what a ton of people on this forum will say, they do not and cannot emit the same beam patterns as halogen. Invest in a high end set of halogen bulbs until you can save up for LED housings.

Drop-ins blind other drivers. Do it the right way, not the cheap way.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Can you please give me what you have replaced your bulbs with? Im looking for LED bulbs and the ### you used to replace your high and low beams with.

Please give you can give me a link. I prefer the brand Auxito. Thanks for help!
The only recommendation I can give you for replacing the headlight bulbs for Led is simply an entire assembly from either Morimoto or Alpha rex. Yes they do cost a bunch but it's the correct way of doing so

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I recommended not using LED bulbs. They are not meant for use in reflector housings. All they do is scatter light everywhere. No beam patter. No cut-off. Save your money for some good replacement housings.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
I recommended not using LED bulbs. They are not meant for use in reflector housings. All they do is scatter light everywhere. No beam patter. No cut-off. Save your money for some good replacement housings.
I saw some drop in LED's that looked like they had a good cut off line to me from the picts and videos.
As many misaligned from the factory LEDs, Bro Trucks and cars etc. I'm not sure it even bothers me any more.

That being said. I plan to get some LED projectors to replace my halogens eventually but a question I have are the LED's from AlphaRex or Morimoto replaceable.
I was looking at the ALpha Rexx for around $850 but if there are some that if the LED goes out you can just replace the LED bulb..., hows it handled on stock Ranger Lariat LED's

Garemlin

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I saw some drop in LED's that looked like they had a good cut off line to me from the picts and videos.
As many misaligned from the factory LEDs, Bro Trucks and cars etc. I'm not sure it even bothers me any more.

That being said. I plan to get some LED projectors to replace my halogens eventually but a question I have are the LED's from AlphaRex or Morimoto replaceable.
I was looking at the ALpha Rexx for around $850 but if there are some that if the LED goes out you can just replace the LED bulb..., hows it handled on stock Ranger Lariat LED's
No they are not serviceable. That is why not only you buy a good housing, you make sure they have a good warranty. This is the reason I will never touch any of Oracles junk. Crappy build quality and a 1 year warranty. One year is pathetic.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
No they are not serviceable. That is why not only you buy a good housing, you make sure they have a good warranty. This is the reason I will never touch any of Oracles junk. Crappy build quality and a 1 year warranty. One year is pathetic.
Didn't think they were...that's kind of a hold up for me...I'm not installing the housing...20yr old me would've be like let's do this, 40's me is like this is ridiculous that all this is necessary to swap housing...So I'd have to pay to have the light that would need warranty work taken out and then put my halogens back in and then pay again to have them reinstalled

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I have drop in LEDs. They are the auxitos that rotate for the proper beam pattern. Yes there is a little bleeding on the edges of the beam and they are very bright. But if you angle the lights down a touch they are no worse than factory led equipped vehicles

i drove behind friends in cars and suvs, no complaints. Walked down to the end of my block and looked back, decent pattern and didn’t blind me.

if I get pulled over for them well I will swap them out. If people start flashing me or giving me the finger ill swap em out.

works amazing for high beams and fogs. Low beams are questionable to be honest.

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
For me,

I'm going "lo-tech" and installing 5K or 6K HID bulb kit in my OE halogen assemblies.
And using Sylvania "Silverstar" brand/upgrade halogen bulbs in the high-beam side.

I will be doing the same as some else mentioned, will be re-adjusting & aiming the beam down.
Same thing, gonna stand at the end of the block & watch/view my HIDs to make sure they are not up high in a blinding position.

I've been using "The-Retrofit-Source" out of Georgia for years & will spend extra for this kit:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/H11-Ultra-Series-HID-System?quantity=1

This kit is even specific down to the bulb position as in>>> "A" or "B" position

To have the correct beam pattern/position... So I'm gonna search and see what the Ranger should be.

..................................................................................................................................................

For me, I'm piecing together all my goodies together so that I "mess-with" the front end once too.

HIDs
Tremor Grille
Velossa-Tech Big-Mouth Snorkle
aFe Hot/Cold Charge pipes [IF I have to "wiggle" the OE intercooler]

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I have drop in LEDs. They are the auxitos that rotate for the proper beam pattern. Yes there is a little bleeding on the edges of the beam and they are very bright. But if you angle the lights down a touch they are no worse than factory led equipped vehicles

i drove behind friends in cars and suvs, no complaints. Walked down to the end of my block and looked back, decent pattern and didn’t blind me.

if I get pulled over for them well I will swap them out. If people start flashing me or giving me the finger ill swap em out.

Same. No problems with drop in Auxito LEDS. Backed up from the garage and adjusted them down with a cordless drill. No problems and cheap! Only way I'm putting LED headlights in is if the stock ones get smashed in an accident or something and I get an insurance payout.

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger

thats what i have ready to go on my truck when i get it. auxito fogs and highs. i rarely drive on the highway at night so wont use the high beam very much, but i will aim them down. and the led fogs with halogen lows should give me plenty of light for driving around town. ive had led drop-ins on my raptor for several years now and only gotten flashed a few times, but never went to the trouble of aiming them down.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
thats what i have ready to go on my truck when i get it. auxito fogs and highs. i rarely drive on the highway at night so wont use the high beam very much, but i will aim them down. and the led fogs with halogen lows should give me plenty of light for driving around town. ive had led drop-ins on my raptor for several years now and only gotten flashed a few times, but never went to the trouble of aiming them down.
Been a few months no flashing at all. I did aim them down a touch the first week or so.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey now y’all need to quit giving this dude the facts about drop-in LEDs! He expressly asked you NOT to talk bad about them at all, but only to recommend them to him because that’s what he already wants to do! God some of y’all are slow!!!! ?

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I did the Auxito's also, set up a aiming board to get the cutoff line correct, even aimed them 2" lower than the standard. The cutoff is as sharp as OEM, very little scatter, haven't had any negative feedback yet.
IMG_4281D.JPG

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Lights are over rated...