First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I wanted to make a list of replacement LED bulbs that fit in the factory headlight housing under the covers. I did search to see if anyone may have started this, but didn't find anything and I thought it may provide useful to someone looking for headlight bulbs. I need your help!!

Things to keep in mind while looking at LED replacement bulbs:
1. The LEDs themselves. You want 3 or 4 LEDs in a nice little line, not a single led with a little "lens"on it. You want to mimic the filament in a halogen bulb for proper optics.
2. 360°adjustment. You should be able to have the LEDs firing at 9 and 3 o'clock , again, for proper optics. I have one set of led bulbs that aren't adjustable. When I installed one I noticed that it locked in on a 45° angle. Not good. Ford designed the headlight housing base this way for some reason. It doesn't affect a halogen bulb, but it makes a big difference with some LEDs. It would appear as though the new design of 1:1 bulbs aren't as affected. They will lock at 8 and 2, but the pattern is still sharp. Until I can get my hands on a set of 1:1 bulbs that are adjustable, it is unknown if the pattern can improve.

High beams (9005)

Sealight S1: (Personally verified they fit)
CarRover 100W 20,000KM: (Personally verified they fit)
Auxito 80W 16,000LM: @Dgm3306
Sealight Lazmas: @OxyGenIII
Beamtech 8000LM: @Ed Venture

Low beams (H11) *note: fogs are also H11. Any of the below bulbs will fit.

Auxito 80W 16,000LM: @Dgm3306
CarRover 50W 10,000LM: (Personally verified they fit)
CarRover 55W 10,000LM (1:1): (Personally verified they fit)
JDM Astar 1:1 (@DHMag)
Sealight S1 @Gizmokid2005
GTR Lighting CSP mini 1:1 @Ranger_RH
Auxito 12,000LM 1:1 @TylerV76
Sealight Lazmas @OxyGenIII
Auxito 3000k yellow @TheKracka (installed as fog lights)
Autoone 12,000LM 1:1 @royalnewjersey
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Dgoodell13

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Interested to hear how these workout. How are the fogs? Have any pictures of the beam?

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Interested to hear how these workout. How are the fogs? Have any pictures of the beam?
Don't have the bulbs yet. Expected delivery on Tuesday.

Dgm3306

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Registered Respiratory Therapist
The Auxitos I have are excellent bulbs and they're adjustable as well. I didn't have to adjust the high beams at all when I installed them. The low beams I just had to lower the level of my low beams a little is all.

The resistors on them aren't overly bulky and everything tucks right into the light compartment and the dust cover fits on and closes like normal.

The prices on those bulbs aren't bad and I believe amazon currently has a $10 off coupon on them at the moment.

Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
The Auxitos I have are excellent bulbs and they're adjustable as well. I didn't have to adjust the high beams at all when I installed them. The low beams I just had to lower the level of my low beams a little is all.

The resistors on them aren't overly bulky and everything tucks right into the light compartment and the dust cover fits on and closes like normal.

The prices on those bulbs aren't bad and I believe amazon currently has a $10 off coupon on them at the moment.
Which Auxitos? Couple different versions on Amazon

Dgm3306

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Which Auxitos? Couple different versions on Amazon
9005 LED Headlight Bulbs Mini Sized CanBus Ready 80W 16,000LM/Pair Extremely Bright, AUXITO 9005(HB3) Headlight LED Bulb Conversion Kit, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCSJQYC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FR.MDbFX3WS87

Those are the high beams

H11 LED Headlight Bulbs Mini Sized 80W 16,000LM Per Pair High Bright, AUXITO H11/H8/H9 Headlight LED Bulb Conversion Kit with Cooling Fan, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WD6G42D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MciNDbPVJ9G63

And these are the low beams

BOT_ROCKET

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road, 1990 Mustang Lx 5.0 5sp
I'd recommend a light with a thinner profile such as the Hikari Ultra or Kitana. Both a ranked very high for projector use in the bulbfacts rankings, and a lighting guru on Tacoma world is testing the Hikaris now. Most of the LEDs he's tested performed fairly poorly, but the ones that share the same design (thin board and tiny diode array) show the most promise.

Whatever you do, DON'T get the ones that share the Cougar design (big fat array that does not in any way resemble a halogen filament).

Walkeraviator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crew
Vehicle Showcase
9005 LED Headlight Bulbs Mini Sized CanBus Ready 80W 16,000LM/Pair Extremely Bright, AUXITO 9005(HB3) Headlight LED Bulb Conversion Kit, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCSJQYC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FR.MDbFX3WS87

Those are the high beams

H11 LED Headlight Bulbs Mini Sized 80W 16,000LM Per Pair High Bright, AUXITO H11/H8/H9 Headlight LED Bulb Conversion Kit with Cooling Fan, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WD6G42D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MciNDbPVJ9G63

And these are the low beams
You say the dust covers will still fit with these bulbs? Any concern about the bulbs overheating? Doesn’t seem like the fans can keep them cool if they are in a confined and sealed area.

Dgm3306

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
You say the dust covers will still fit with these bulbs? Any concern about the bulbs overheating? Doesn’t seem like the fans can keep them cool if they are in a confined and sealed area.
On the listing for the bulbs it says they're the same size as OEM halogen bulbs to eliminate modifications to headlight housing and covers so I'm guessing they had it in mind to be seated in their original housing.

I mean would keeping the covers make that much of a difference with cooling? I don't really think so. I've driven around now for 3 days between the daytime running lights and night time head lights and I haven't had any issues yet with them no burning plastic smells etc.

Dgm3306

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Just an update on the Auxitos, I bought another set of h11s for the fog lights but these will not fit in the fog lights, the tabs that secure it in place are too thick compared to the OEM halogen bulbs and it causes them to unfortunately not fit so I'll have to find different bulbs for the fogs.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
They fit!! I updated my list. Will check later for performance, but should be good based on the sun just starting to go down and starting at my garage door. Fit was VERY tight. I swapped out the gaskets from the halogen bulbs and it was still difficult to lock in. It was even tough without any gasket, so I'm guessing Chinesium tolerance on the bulbs. Caps went on, but it's tight. The important thing is that I could adjust the base to get the LEDs firing at 3 and 9 o'clock so the beam pattern should be ok. Fog lights I'll do later.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Fog lights installed! Used the same ones as the low beans and again I swapped o-rings. It's a right royal pain in the arse to get at those fog lights and even more so to get the LEDs firing in the right direction. Worth in in the end though. What a huge difference! Much better now.

IMG-20191008-193150.jpg

Deleted member 1634

Just an update on the Auxitos, I bought another set of h11s for the fog lights but these will not fit in the fog lights, the tabs that secure it in place are too thick compared to the OEM halogen bulbs and it causes them to unfortunately not fit so I'll have to find different bulbs for the fogs.
I have been considering getting a set of these to replace my fogs. I had been trying to decide between yellow and white. Yellow is good for poor conditions like snow and fog. But white is better for everyday driving and having that extra low to the road lighting. And I found this one which you can switch back and forth depending on what you want. Seems like a win-win. Haven't gotten them yet because I have a hard time making decisions sometimes (lol). But I probably will sometime soon unless someone really turns me around.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...7BSbKbdGrJeNkVvlNOJ-uq--70Xm7TEMaAjAwEALw_wcB
Sponsored