Led Headlight bulbs

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Anyone having COMPLETELY different patterns from the passanger headlight compared to the driver headlight? I put some Auxito 12,000 LM 1:1s in. Driver side low beams looks awesome... Passanger side low beams are throwing light to the heavens. Switched the bulb and it is the housing, not the bulbs causing this.
I see level (9 o'clock / 3 o'clock) on drivers side and 10 o'clock / 2 o'clock on the passenger side in my 2005 Ranger. In this 2005 Ford, it is the lens, not the bulb.

I moved the passenger side lens up to compensate and the high beam now lights up the trees! I am going to readjust the passenger side back to its original location. I am not happy with that Ford design decision.

I have not changed the bulbs in my 2020 Ranger, but I would not be surprised to see a similar design.

- Tony
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Anyone having COMPLETELY different patterns from the passanger headlight compared to the driver headlight? I put some Auxito 12,000 LM 1:1s in. Driver side low beams looks awesome... Passanger side low beams are throwing light to the heavens. Switched the bulb and it is the housing, not the bulbs causing this.
See. Post 494 above for adjusting the bulbs to get a good pattern on both sides.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I couldn't reach in to replace the bulbs either.
Can you please explain how to remove the "plastic piece between the crash bar and the bumper? Am having a hard time figuring this out.
Thanks,
For those of us with FX4s anyway the easiest way to get at the fog lights is to drop the skid plate. Only need to loosen the back two bolts and remove the two front ones. Fog bulbs can be reached from the middle easily.

BabyMerciless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
See. Post 494 above for adjusting the bulbs to get a good pattern on both sides.
I can't cause they are the 12,000 LM 1:1s and not the 16,000 LM adjustable ones. Might just toss these ones in the fogs and get some adjustable ones for the low beams cause I really like the way they look at night when people are not flashing me.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can't cause they are the 12,000 LM 1:1s and not the 16,000 LM adjustable ones. Might just toss these ones in the fogs and get some adjustable ones for the low beams cause I really like the way they look at night when people are not flashing me.
I personally would stay away from the 16,000 LM ones in the low beam as that much light tends to over power the reflectors cause a lot of flare and give a bad cutoff pattern no matter how adjusted. Stay in the 8K to 10K range for low beams and save the power for the highs. Other drivers will thank you.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I personally would stay away from the 16,000 LM ones in the low beam as that much light tends to over power the reflectors cause a lot of flare and give a bad cutoff pattern no matter how adjusted. Stay in the 8K to 10K range for low beams and save the power for the highs. Other drivers will thank you.
I agree with this and also add that 16,000 LM is also too high for the high beams, the glare they create can be really awful, especially off of signs. I'm likely going to downgrade the ones I have to something less powerful when I do my next round of upgrades because these are really only good off-road and not practical for normal driving.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Agreed
Just want to add that the auxito LEDs posted in #494 were 16,000 lumens per pair and not each.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Agreed
Just want to add that the auxito LEDs posted in #494 were 16,000 lumens per pair and not each.
Those are the ones I was referring to. Nobody makes 16,000 LM per bulb. They would be illegal to use plus melt your housing.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
BTW, I just joined this forum a few days ago after buying a 2020 Ranger.
I started researching the headlight conversion and found this thread. I started reading from the beginning but only made 6 pages before jumping ahead to page 21 ish and finishing from there.
I want to thank all of you for all of the testing and research you have done to get all of us here.

Of course, I still don't know which lights I'll be getting...lol... but I certainly have some good options to consider.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I couldn't reach in to replace the bulbs either.
Can you please explain how to remove the "plastic piece between the crash bar and the bumper? Am having a hard time figuring this out.
Thanks,
Sorry for the really late reply, but I seem to recall there was a plastic bit between the crash bar and the fender liner. It's been a while so I'll have to look. It's going to be a bit though.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
This is a good video to watch about LED bulbs. Though it's a year old and LED technology has gotten better in that short time, it does talk about how well the GTR CSP Mini's are designed in relation to how it mimics a halogen bulb better than most. I'm still trying to decide whether I want to try LED's or do the H11 to H9 upgrade like this member here.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Hey guys I have a question. Are your head light housing the same shape in the back as mine? Im trying to find a good fanless LED for my brights HB3/9005. I bought two sets of Osram Leds for the brights and the floods. You can see in the pic the problem I ran into. I could easily modify the housing for the LED, but two problems. 1. Modifying an expensive housing seems like a waste to me for a $75 LED. 2. I would have to actually cut an angle into the housing, not just the dust cover. Which complicates things more for dust proofing.

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

NoCoRanger

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 CrewCab
Occupation
Retired
Update on my post #494:

As noted by others on this forum, the 16K lumens Auxitos for the low beams proved to be too bright, so changed to 10K lumens CarRover H11 bulbs.
These also required beam adjustment. But still had to move the headlight lens to point lower, as I still was getting some people flashing their lights at me on dark roads. As the description on Amazon says, these are 200% brighter than the stock halogens.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078Y1RMH1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For high beams, installed Marsauto 8K lumens HB3/9005 bulbs.
Had trouble fully seating one of the Marsauto bulbs, but it seems to be locked in.
Needed to remove the top panel above the grill to get better access to the high beam bulbs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079L49N9P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For fogs installed Zoncar H11 4K lumens yellow bulbs (am old school, fogs had to be yellow ? )
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BLGT34F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Removing the skid plate was the only way I could install the fogs. (Thanks to all for the advice)

All bulbs working fine so far, with no error messages or issues.

Thanks again to all for the all the info on the bulbs and for the installation advice - made the job much easier.

(some reference posts on the thread: #1, 407, 448, 461, 498, 501)

TyGuyRanger

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Crew Cab Sport 4x4, Magnetic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I bought a set of the Auxito 12,000 lm for the low beams and have them installed, however, the LED orientations are NOT at 9 & 3. Is this just how these bulbs fit? Quite a few people have recommended them on this forum so that's why I am asking.

Also, this may be a stupid question, but will the tabs on the bulbs only allow them to be assembled in the housing in 1 orientation? Based on my installation efforts, this seems to be the case.

Here is a link to the low beans from my question above":
https://www.amazon.com/AUXITO-Headlight-Bulbs-12000lm-Wireless/dp/B07TQLGGBR
Sponsored