First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Just an FYI, I changed the first post to a WIKI post. I figured one day, I'll either forget about adding stuff to the list or just get lazy and not do it. The only thing I ask is that you keep the formatting the same. It'll make life easier for everyone. If I get the time, I'll go back a few pages and make sure we're caught up.
Awesome. I added a bulb to the first page.
Sponsored

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
Here’s what worked on my XLT.
These are led 1:1 size same as stock halogens, No fan
but has heatsink design.

I had no problem installing these in the stock high and low beam locations and putting the dust cover back. The fog lights were a pita, but manageable after I got rid of the FX4 plastic air dams.

Its been month now, no issues so far.

9005 Mars Auto led Hi-beams:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079L49N9P/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

H11 Mars Auto led Fogs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCL8N2S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For my low beams, I bought Techmax 6500K H11:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0885RQQ4R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

50CC3A2F-E5EF-472C-94FD-E3E80FA23E49.jpeg

301ABBE1-2AD7-4490-AA7C-4F7AD7D019CC.jpeg

32981A2D-7306-4017-88DC-B6C71FDC0AFF.jpeg
Any issues with DRL or light warnings or did you do something with Forscan?

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Management

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Management
I make me wonder if those reporting alignment problems, are the lamps just not sitting correctly?
I had a set of 9005 from my Dodge Durango, which I was putting back to stock. They suffer from the same "too thick girth" to fit in the Ranger lamp. They would install, but only turn a little. The lamp was misaligned by about 20 degrees. Light output was a mess. The lamp socket itself is NOT angled, as I had read on some thread. With nothing to lose, I machined the base to get them to fit. After removing about 4mm from the base they lined up nicely, but I wouldn't recommend the work required. Nice light output and aligned correctly. They were already 18 months old, but I will get my money's worth with the little bit of effort it took to make they work.

I can confirm the following 9005 High-Beams DO NOT Work:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CYW84MZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_20201122_142643.png

IMG_20201122_142549.png

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Management
Ok, I took a different path, and purchase an untested H11 Lowbeam bulb available on Amazon. Selection criteria was as follows:
  • Fanless
  • Canbus friendly
  • 18-20 Watt each bulb
  • Some visible indicator of the mount being separate and distinct from the body. Meaning I could remove and modify the mount.
  • Reasonable price and 4.5 Stars (~$35)
I purchased the following (On a Black Friday Sale): AUXITO H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs, 300% Brighter, 6500K White Fanless Headlights, Plug and Play Direct Replacement for High Low Beam Headlights /Fog lights, Pack of 2

As suspected, when mounted in the Ranger the bulb was angled at about ~15 degree. (Common report amongst posters for bulbs in the low beam location) Picture below is aligned as it would appear when mounted in the Low Beam socket.
IMG_20201124_144300 (2).jpg

The mounting collar is plastic and secured with a single screw. Removing the screw and drilling a new hole 7mm towards the tab allowed the lamp to be a perfect 90 degree in the lamp housing.
IMG_20201124_150305 (2).jpg

IMG_20201124_150310 (2).jpg

The original hole now aligns with the upright mark on the housing. 7mm was the distance, center to center from original to new hole. When installed, the "blade" is perfectly vertical as it should be.

Results were "good" but not great. Light is centered, and notably brighter (using an Android light meter on my phone, twice the lumens recorded), but the cutoff has some overage. Perhaps the overage is less noticeable on the halogen as the photo show some overage there too. Note: My driveway is fairly slanted, so the angle between the lights is from the truck position, not from the light! :)

IMG_20201124_165324.jpg

In any case, I have reasonably bright lights, the cutoff is sufficient to prevent getting flashed. I can drive at night and actually see where I am going. Mission accomplished.

Conclusion, the bulbs are very serviceable, but will require minor user modification.

alex13jk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Gosh I'm sorry and pardon the ignorance although 33 pages full of great info is a great problem for this forum to have, it's also alot for one man to read while sitting on the john and whilst his wife is yelling outside the door for him to come out and help get everything ready for Thanksgiving ?

Can anyone recommend (with a link) an Amazon low beam LED that WILL fit our trucks with no user modifications and has a light color around 5500-6000k max? I don't like the blue tint on 6500k. ***Bonus points for the High beam as well! Let's get crazy and blame the Black Thursday/Friday pandemonium for the unauthorized charges! ?

Happy Turkey day Ranger fam!!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I'm still running JDM Astar in the low beam and Hikari Ultra in the foglamp without any issue in the past year. I have not changed the high beam yet since its rarely used. I am eyeing the Morimoto led fog units for $175 though.

NoCoRanger

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 CrewCab
Occupation
Retired
Have fun with the fog lights! I've got kids size hands and relatively slim arms and I was barely able to get my hands in there to change the bulbs. I'd highly recommend removing the plastic piece between the crash bar and the bumper. It's easy enough to do, but I was being stubborn and choose not to.
I couldn't reach in to replace the bulbs either.
Can you please explain how to remove the "plastic piece between the crash bar and the bumper? Am having a hard time figuring this out.
Thanks,

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't reach in to replace the bulbs either.
Can you please explain how to remove the "plastic piece between the crash bar and the bumper? Am having a hard time figuring this out.
Thanks,
You don't need to remove the plastic air dam to get the bulbs out, you just have to get under and twist just right.

However, I was looking at taking it out myself because I wanted to change the pods, but there is a single bolt right in front of the crash bar that holds that plastic air dam in place, and so far I haven't found anything that can get in there and get access to the bolt without moving the crash bar. It's sunk into the plastic air dam a bit so a normal wrench won't work, and it's too small to fit in a socket. I gave up trying to get it out.

NoCoRanger

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You don't need to remove the plastic air dam to get the bulbs out, you just have to get under and twist just right.
My hands are too big ?! Just couldn't reach the bulb and twist.

KnightRanger mentioned on another thread that he removed the air dams, so have asked him for advice.

NoCoRanger

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
LED Bulbs Install - Phase 1

Started the halogen bulb replacement with the low beams first (Phase 1). Waiting on the high beam bulbs to arrive so will do those next. If I can figure out how to get to the fog lamps per suggestions received, then will do the those last.

Selected these Auxito bulbs for the low beams: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WD6G42D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These were plug and play and so far so good - haven't driven extensively yet but seem to be working great. Will update if any issues come up.

Installation tips:
  • I needed to do the beam adjustments as mentioned in the Auxito manual.
  • The initial orientation of the bulb was almost the same (i.e. incorrect) as that shown marked with the X (see attached).
  • This bulb comes with a tiny Allen key to rotate the bulb to the correct 90 deg. orientation. (see attached photo).
  • See adjusted position of the mounting tabs in relation to the bulb, in the "Correct Adjustment" photos, for the correct orientation.
Have attached beam pattern photos before and after the beam adjustment. This is from a distance of only 11 ft. to the garage door (as far back as I could go). The height seems to be correct, but will do measurements outside at night to see if they are per those recommended (the 25 ft. rule).

Also will find out after some night driving if the LEDs are too high or too bright for other drivers :fingerscrossed:

Auxito Beam Adjustment Info.jpg

Beam Adjustment  Screw.jpg

Correct Adjustment 1.jpg

Correct Adjustment 2.jpg

Before Beam Adjustment.jpg

After Beam Adjustment.jpg

BabyMerciless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Anyone having COMPLETELY different patterns from the passanger headlight compared to the driver headlight? I put some Auxito 12,000 LM 1:1s in. Driver side low beams looks awesome... Passanger side low beams are throwing light to the heavens. Switched the bulb and it is the housing, not the bulbs causing this.
Sponsored