Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm good on Forscan. As someone who works in IT and knows a moderate amount of coding, I know what can happen if you attempt to adjust settings. Forscan works and it's probably fine, but I'd rather not fuck with my APIM. I'll just patiently wait, with hot feet :)
I had this same stance until Ford said they're incapable of modifying the tire size. Had to bite the bullet to do that at least, so I just fixed both. Really disappointing.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm good without Forscan. As someone who works in IT and knows a moderate amount of coding, I know what might happen if you attempt to adjust some of that code. Forscan works and it's probably fine, but I'd rather not fuck with my APIM. I'll just patiently wait, with hot feet :)
To be correct, it isn't code that you are changing with FORScan - it is configuration. The actual code is locked away. Not to say you can't cause trouble by changing configuration - but it is easy to revert to a known good state as long as you take a backup of your config before you make any changes. If the change doesn't work, you just restore the last known good config and it is like you didn't change anything. As long as you take backups before making changes, FORScan is really pretty safe.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
To be correct, it isn't code that you are changing with FORScan - it is configuration. The actual code is locked away. Not to say you can't cause trouble by changing configuration - but it is easy to revert to a known good state as long as you take a backup of your config before you make any changes. If the change doesn't work, you just restore the last known good config and it is like you didn't change anything. As long as you take backups before making changes, FORScan is really pretty safe.

Not to mention in this case ( the missing climate controls ) it's just checking a box next to that listing that says "enable".

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
That may be. And to those who want to go that route, I’m all for the ability to do so. I’ll just deal with my issue until Ford can fix it and continue to complain on here about it until they do :)

Not to mention in this case ( the missing climate controls ) it's just checking a box next to that listing that says "enable".
You may just have to “check a box” on the UI but trust me, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes. Any of which could fuck some shit up. As I said above, I’m all for people who want to do it doing it, but I’ve seen too many times “easy” fixes completely fuck shit up.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Hey weasel1, it is time to post this again, Waiting for a "Climate control" safe 3.4 Update
Waiting for 2019 Ranger Sync 34.png

Originally posted by you in June 2019
I'm so glad I got ForScan!

aer0zer0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
New to my ranger, it has sync 3.4. I have a 64gb usb. I see that search is not available while driving. Is there a way to browse the search menu using knobs, and not flick scrolling?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
New to my ranger, it has sync 3.4. I have a 64gb usb. I see that search is not available while driving. Is there a way to browse the search menu using knobs, and not flick scrolling?
Nope. You can shortcut to certain browse levels via voice commands, but you’re still limited how many steps/pages you can scroll through.

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Still waiting. Someone mentioned that 3.4 might be available by the end of the month for 2019 Rangers. If not, I might just have to go download Syn3 Updater....

Voltune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 XLT 4x4 Supercab (302A)
Still waiting. Someone mentioned that 3.4 might be available by the end of the month for 2019 Rangers. If not, I might just have to go download Syn3 Updater....
Another update with the fix was supposed to be available at the end of September:

Hot off the press from Oasis...

Capture.JPG

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Another update with the fix was supposed to be available at the end of September:
I'd rather wait an extra month or two and have it be correct than receive an update that fixes climate but breaks Sirius or something. Happens all the time with video games.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I'd rather wait an extra month or two and have it be correct than receive an update that fixes climate but breaks Sirius or something. Happens all the time with video games.
The thing is, the lengthy process doesn't seem to assure quality. The choices aren't "fast and broken" or "slow and reliable", they're they seem to be "fast and broken" or "slow and broken". I'd personally rather see a faster place of change and the ability to quickly address known issues vs stuff that is known to be broken and not fixed for months or years, if ever. But that is not a thing car companies seem able to do.
Sponsored