Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. It was the same in my mustang as well (though it was *far* less reliable). It doesn't solve the other issues, but it does at least solve that one!

I visited my dealer 2 weeks ago for an oil change and asked them about this and they still don't have any direction from Ford engineering yet to fix this.
Sponsored

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Curious if anyone else has upgraded to 3.4 then gone back loaded the .xml file to "confirm update" to let them know you've upgraded and yet no matter how much time has gone by this 'tool':

https://myfordvehicle.ford.com/vehicle-dashboard - still says I have 1 SYNC update available? The same one I've already installed...

Also curious if this recall will show after Nov. 7 as my truck does fall within the build dates..

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...pany-issues-one-safety-compliance-recall.html

I know its "beta" so just wondering if anyone else has experienced same.. comfort in #'s ya know? :LOL:

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Curious if anyone else has upgraded to 3.4 then gone back loaded the .xml file to "confirm update" to let them know you've upgraded and yet no matter how much time has gone by this 'tool':

https://myfordvehicle.ford.com/vehicle-dashboard - still says I have 1 SYNC update available? The same one I've already installed...

Also curious if this recall will show after Nov. 7 as my truck does fall within the build dates..

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...pany-issues-one-safety-compliance-recall.html

I know its "beta" so just wondering if anyone else has experienced same.. comfort in #'s ya know? :LOL:
I uploaded the .xml when I updated back in August and the site is reading correctly that I have 3.4.20136. The My Ford Vehicle says that I do not have any updates available.

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
I uploaded the .xml when I updated back in August and the site is reading correctly that I have 3.4.20136. The My Ford Vehicle says that I do not have any updates available.
I did NOT upload the .xml file after I installed 3.4.20136 but when I check the site it says "Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.20136) is up to date"...Would it have done an OTA call home?

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Director
I did NOT upload the .xml file after I installed 3.4.20136 but when I check the site it says "Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.4.20136) is up to date"...Would it have done an OTA call home?
I have no idea how they keep track of which VIN has which Sync. Relying on folks to upload the .xml seems like a bad way to make that determination. I'll bet there's some level of communication to the mothership.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I have no idea how they keep track of which VIN has which Sync. Relying on folks to upload the .xml seems like a bad way to make that determination. I'll bet there's some level of communication to the mothership.
...especially when there is no .xml file after the update.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Do you have OTA enabled such that it’ll phone home to check for updates?

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
Do you have OTA enabled such that it’ll phone home to check for updates?
I think it might be on but has never successfully "checked" for updates even when manually initiated. That may very well be why it is reporting as up to date though.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Director
Any word on the update going live again, my sync 3 with v3.3 just continues search for updates.
Seems like it's still not up yet. Update site telling me I have the most recent version (3.4.20136).

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Director
Ohhhhhhhhh this is why people are upset about is missing from the screen! I've had my truck for probably a month or more now and I didn't even notice that there were no physical buttons for vent direction! hahaha wow.

In this vehicle and my past 3 vehicles I've only ever used AUTO since it does exactly what I would want and expect it to do. If the set temp calls for heat to be on then it blows heat downward (heat rises), and if the set temp calls for cooling then it blows upward (cool air sinks), and sometimes it does both up and down at the same time, as well as figuring out when to use defog or turn on AC . Personally I don't see why I would want to micromanage the air direction.. it "just works" and changes as needed throughout the duration of a trip where I would probably forget and end up realizing only after I became uncomfortable.. but now I understand what people are saying is missing. Funny that I didn't even notice the absence of those buttons. I think I even asked if maybe that was just an XL/XLT vs Lariat thing, thinking I had all the controls, when I did not.

Note - I am not saying that missing them isn't a legitimate issue :)
So I think the truck has some sort of intelligent algorithm that changes vent output depending on the temp you set. I was running the blower on max to try to clear up a musty smell I'm getting when I have the temp set between 70 and 80. As I raised and lowered the temp the truck automatically changed the vent output. Higher temp (warm) set it to feet and lower temp (cool) set it to face. Smart trucks are neat! But I still want to be able to manually set the vents :)

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I was at my Dealer today. Ford updates quarterly I have got 3.3 now

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
So, the dealer close to me still hasn't heard anything back yet. I recently upgraded from 255/65/17s to 265/70/17s and wanted to get the computer updated for that, that dealer apparently can't do that either!

So I went back to my trusty dealer I took the mustang to who said they could update the tire size. Turns out they can't either? Apparently Ford doesn't have that option in their software now. While it was in they looked at the climate issue and said that the AsBuilt came with climate disabled so it shouldn't have had it in the first place.

What's going on Ford? Guess it's time to bite the bullet and get an adapter and FORscan and fix this all myself.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering

I ended up connecting via my SYNC to wifi and checking for updates. It finally returned a You're up to date message which in turn updated my Homepage on MyFordVehicle (Beta) page.

Side note: Wouldn't connect to home network, password rejected message. Ended up connecting to my Phone as a hotspot and it connected so I'm assuming the house wifi signal strength wasn't strong enough on my driveway and instead of saying signal not strong enough gave a password rejected message.
Sponsored